Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i HATED hiab when i first heard it but listening to it now.. damn i really was a fool

me too! i thought it was boring and the lyrics kinda turned me off from the snippets... but now here i am, alone in my house, all the windows open, loudly singing this song, a single tear runs down my cheek, it’s raining....

Everything about HTD is so beautiful. The instrumentals, the vocal delivery, the lyrics. It all comes together in divine harmony. I don’t understand how most people don’t vibe with it, maybe we just like different kinds of music. It’s just so breathtaking. It’s very Springsteen.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I know this is perhaps the most unpopular opinion I can ever come up with, but am I really the only one who finds Cinnamon Girl outro absolutely anti climatic; despite it being an incredible song. It simply grows so much, the bridge is so powerful, then okay a string interlude but then... the energy vanishes, and suddenly a cheap, flat, horribly constructed and mastered 'hip hop' beat kicks in... In my humble opinion as a DIY producer, I think the big beat should've re-appeared in the outro. The song would've been more epic. I don't know.

I hate reading negative comments on something so universally loved; so I don't want to be that guy... if my opinions will start to bother then I guess I'll save them for myself :( oh man I'm so confused.

This HiaB love. It brings me joy. The first time she goes into the chorus there seemed to be a slight pause after the verse and it feels like the chorus almost catches you off guard and sweeps you up. It’s so lovely.

I hate reading negative comments on something so universally loved; so I don't want to be that guy... if my opinions will start to bother then I guess I'll save them for myself :( oh man I'm so confused.

You don’t have to keep them to yourself!! Your negative opinions are not bothersome at all!

I like the outro but I agree I wanted it to get big again. I feel like it’ll go into HtD really well, but the way I listened to album was by having to click back a page and then load a new page so songs weren’t flowing into one another as well as they will when I listen again tomorrow or Friday. Cinnamon feels like it ends abruptly and then HTD starts kind of abruptly like it’s picking up where Cinnamon left off.

I know this is perhaps the most unpopular opinion I can ever come up with, but am I really the only one who finds Cinnamon Girl outro absolutely anti climatic; despite it being an incredible song. It simply grows so much, the bridge is so powerful, then okay a string interlude but then... the energy vanishes, and suddenly a cheap, flat, horribly constructed and mastered 'hip hop' beat kicks in... In my humble opinion as a DIY producer, I think the big beat should've re-appeared in the outro. The song would've been more epic. I don't know.

No, I agree

I mean i don't hate it but it's just okay, could have a more epic outro

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Stan Twitter dragging Lana because she’s a republican we love to see it

Stan twitter has been pretty dedicated to bring her down lately, it's impressive how they take every little thing she says as reason to drag her. But yes for this she deserves to be dragged  :lmao:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

don’t feel bad. you’re definitely allowed to have your own opinion! it’s just some people attack others for liking/disliking NFR and that’s what causes fights. but you’re just giving your input which is 100% fine! (:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Can someone explain why there are 2 different versions of f*ck it, I love you? Is the itunes version going to be updated cause I lowkey like the album version better  :ohno:

The iTunes version cannot be updated since people have already downloaded it and it's already available.

hey clownbaords, what did i miss?? what did lana do now, fill me in, send recepits

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I think the last minute of the outro is useless. Still absolutely adore the main part of the song but I have to admit that the long outro doesn't bring anything to it

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

ok so. on bartender:

i get so many regina spektor vibes and i don't know why? i think because she sings "bar-t-t-tender"and on here, i read a concept that it was mimicking a camera shutter which is probs where the spektoresque sound, for me, comes from

AND i just read through lana's interview w the new york times and... i love her so much.

i was gonna write a long ass paragraph about why reviewers who dissed her earlier albums are now giving her amazing scores across the board and ignoring some of her dumber lyrics and the terrible production on songs like htd but i don’t have the energy someone else do it for me

The problem is that the question of HTD production is a matter of opinion. For me is amazing, the instrumental solo is glorious. And probably some reviewers will love the production too. Take into account that these persons haven't probably listened to the live version so they don't have any idea how the song was. The same happens with TNBAR.

I think this is my ranking of the album, but it's quite subjective because I gave 10/10 for all tracks except Doin' Time:

1-Hope

2-LS

3-CG

4-California

5-NFR

6-HIAB

7-Bartender

8-FIILY

9-TG

10-MAC

11-HTD

12-TNBAR