Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

its so boring and anticlimactic its hard to listen to

Not everything has to have a climax though, it's beauty on a different level

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Girl where? MAC has some of Lana's least clear vocals.

Maybe on the instruments but definitely not on her vocals. It's still a great track ethier way that's what counts really :)

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Yes babygirl. Anyone with functioning ears can hear the filter (or the piece of paper she's singing through).

Ofc there's a filter (paper most likely). But it's really fucking far from being her least clear vocals 

I love the non-reverbed vocals, but I don't love how during the chorus her voice seems get loud during "don't look too far". It worked for Get Free because it felt purposeful, but in MAC it sounds likes bad mixing. Also I realize it's a tiny detail in a beautiful song, but I noticed it on the first listen and can't ignore it now.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Change is one of her worst songs fight me

I wouldn't say Change is her worst, I think it could be better, but it was very last minute and didn't have time to be developed to it's fullest (you would all be begging for it if she had teased it and not included it on LFL ahaha).

But I do think she has weaker songs on LFL and throughout her discography... In My Feelings, Coachella, 24, Blue Velvet and The Other Woman (even though they're covers).

i'm telling you, sis left miss Lana behind in Swan Song!

conspiracy/theory under the belt

"Why work so hard when you could just be free? You've got your money, now you've got your legacy, let's leave the world for the ones who change everything." Pop stardom ---> Legend status, to the likes of Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. It can only be reached if naive themes and lyrics are left behind for personal growth and awareness.

Let's say Lana and Liz are two different entities in this song. Liz tells Lana it's time to move forward, guiding her towards the light that is LFL (a more universal, thoughtful record).

"And I will never sing again, and you won't work (to keep up appearances/fake it) another day" - Lana to Lizzy

"You've been gone so long, you missed everything. The world can change in a day if you go away." Could be Lana to Lizzy, saying "I've been keeping up the appearances, where are you?" "Do you like where you've been and where you're going to?" Or, it could be Lizzy to Lana, saying she's been trapped in her own cinematic universe, completely unaware of the real world happenings.

"Say goodnight to the life and the world you knew," - Lizzy to Lana

and Lana back to Liz: "I'm gonna follow you."

Do you like where [we've] been and where [we're] going to? 

Swan Song is not about a lover to me at all. it's like lana warned us that there was a great change in the discography to come, that "lana"- the bad girl, sad girl, glamorous beauty queen coney island lolita, would soon be no more. the past freezes over and they rise from the water where the ice meets

that's so sad, but so true  :defeated:

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I apologize for this more off-topic post but does anyone have a link to the images this cute like younger guy made of himself imitating Lana’s album covers. I think I saw them on Tumblr and I wanna find them again but it’s been a long time and I have no clue where they went. They were like really lowkey but cute and funny. BTD UV and HM I think.

I'm not sure how relevant or important it is but V magazine has liked Lana's latest selfie and Florence Welch did aswell. Flo also liked Lana's MAC announcement too.

It could mean something or nothing at all :creep:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

If Lana collabs with Florence i will be so annoyed, i cant stand that Womans scratchy loud voice. eUGHHhhdk

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I know that the Lust For Life era is officially over but it's crazy to me that there's another version of the album out there, like the 13 Beaches, Summer Bummer, Beautiful People and Tomorrow Never Came demos (all of which have different lyrics and different styles to the final versions)...

If Lana collabs with Florence i will be so annoyed, i cant stand that Womans scratchy loud voice. eUGHHhhdk

“It is impossible to have bad taste, but many people have none at all.” 

― Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

“He had his choice, and he liked the worst.” 

― John Ciardi

I wonder if there's anyone here who heard about her back in 2008-2010, when AKA was released, and then suddenly saw her again with the release of Born To Die

original.gif

I hope the resurrection of Lizzy Grant means A.K.A. will finally be released (even just digitally). I just want to have a HQ final album on my iTunes / Spotify