Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

How ~*edgy*~

Because we want Lana to feel like her work is appreciated since she has been open about following reviews.

And furthermore, Marinara is basic.

you're basic.

giphy.gif

For some reason I believe we will see some form of Yosemite on the new record...

Mariners Apartment Complex

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Talking Like An Answering Machine

Venice Bitch

Yosemite

What a tracklist... This is her greatest record, I can already tell.

For some reason I believe we will see some form of Yosemite on the new record...

Mariners Apartment Complex

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Talking Like An Answering Machine

Venice Bitch

Yosemite

What a tracklist... This is her greatest record, I can already tell.

Ainnit that Talking is rumored to have been recorded in '14

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

as long as the track list has The Next Best American Record i'm cool

It actually might, MAC and VB both seem to be about the same guy, if it's the same guy as that song then it would fit in even though it has a kind of different sound.

It actually might, MAC and VB both seem to be about the same guy, if it's the same guy as that song then it would fit in even though it has a kind of different sound.

it doesn't have to! a reworked version would be alright with me

its such a cool song and it deserves justice!

Ya'll always hype a marina collab but just imagine a collab with miss legendary twigs on a song like this

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It already exists and it's downright orgasmic

my queens <33333333333333333333333333333

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This!!!! I'm here for her shedding the persona. It's gradually happening. She is def in a diff place than when she first started. You really just summarized it so nicely.

I personally think its hard for people to want Elizabeth to drop the whole Lana Del Rey persona because people believe its what brought her to the top, I'd love to see an album named after "Lizzie Grant" as it would be SO iconic. 

trust me anything lana does im all for

If Lana started working with Jack in December we possibly know the songs that are the best she’s wrote! At the Grammys interview she mentioned Bartender so we could definitely list that one. NFR is possible too!? It’s been the title track since March or was it July?! Sylvia is also a possible contender. Any other track confirmed to be done during that time?!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Lana is such a risk taker. Venice Bitch had the possibility of becoming a dull/boring long song, but it ended up being hypnotizing and very emotional instead. Has it started playing in American radio stations? I'm really interested to know how the general public would receive a song like this. 

If Lana started working with Jack in December we possibly know the songs that are the best she’s wrote! At the Grammys interview she mentioned Bartender so we could definitely list that one. NFR is possible too!? It’s been the title track since March or was it July?! Sylvia is also a possible contender. Any other track confirmed to be done during that time?!

NFR was the title track since March.

​The Sylvia song, to me, doesn't officially exist since we don't have any recording of her mentioning it and it'sonly been reported  by fans. Like the guy who said, after her pop-up shop last fall, that Lana had told him that Yosemite would be released within the next six months on a record because if was too beautiful. Almost a year later, it is sitll nowhere to be seen... So, call me paranoid, but I always take with a grain of salt what is not confirmed by Lana herself or major music medias.

I've said this before but I still don't believe MAC or VB are lead singles. 

1) I don't think she would release the lead single so early without the album complete

2) The music videos were just footage from Chuck

3) She has released songs from albums before the lead single (i.e. Honeymoon before HBTB)

I like both songs and the direction of the album. I'm just saying I don't buy they are the lead yet (she usually does a bit of effort/promo for the lead).

B/c the songs are getting critical praise and there is now more hype for the album, do we think we'd ever see her go back to SNL? Would be kind of cool around January - 8 years after her original performance. 

1) I don't think she would release the lead single so early without the album complete

3) She has released songs from albums before the lead single (i.e. Honeymoon before HBTB)

I like both songs and the direction of the album. I'm just saying I don't buy they are the lead yet (she usually does a bit of effort/promo for the lead).

B/c the songs are getting critical praise and there is now more hype for the album, do we think we'd ever see her go back to SNL? Would be kind of cool around January - 8 years after her original performance. 

Yeah i kinda agree with everyone saying that they might not necessarily be the main singles. Also Chuck did confirm that there's a bigger "video" project in the works and maybe we'll get the "main single" then. But if this is the only singles that we get before the album release, im not mad except that the wait is going to be torture. 

and omg SNL welp, that won't ever happen....

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1. Does it really matter tho?

2. Album is in final stages.

3. Release is in 3-4 months, not long enough.

4. She said she's thinking of releasing one more song before the album is released in October which indicates her first thought of MAC and VB being two lead singles from the album.

5. She only planned to release VB as lead single at first, she said so in the interview of how Ed and Ben were shocked of her decision putting a 10 minute song + 'bitch' on the title as a single.

Be happy with what you have atm until full album gets released eventually.

giphy.gif