Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I do like Abel on LFL
and I do like Sean
and I do like other 2 rap featurings

but I do not love any of them

on the other hand Beautiful people is just dreadfully bad

She should stay away from female colabs

I'm not against collabs in theory, but I hated every single collab on LFL. TNC wasn't *that* awful, but I think Sean really could have done better.

I still want one with Jimmy Gnecco js

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

LANA IS NOT A COLLAB ARTIST giphy.gif

LANA IS NOT A COLLAB ARTIST

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Nnn I'm not really digging the new sound anyway so I doubt collabs would be detrimental for me its odd because it's happy but slow and that doesn't really work for me and when I say it needs to be more uptempo I don't mean "pop" there are tons of rock and experimental records that are mid tempo it's just at a conflict because she's trying to make happier music but the tone of her voice and the tempo has had the life stripped out of it and that only really works for sad records so I'm hoping they'll be different paces throughout the album.

I guess she is a collab artist considering all the collabs she's done recently. :diva: Not to mention that uknown rapper in Delicious.

And they were very bad

I actually loved how eerily beautiful Lfl was, BP had potential to b a classic, TNC is a dreamy trolling song, SB is fun, but wasn't taken all that seriously. I'd say that its good that we got all those collabs on Lfl to sort of get it out from her system.

If she were to have any collabs on NFR, I'd hope they'd be more in the background of the track, if they were to end up on the album. Standalone collabs would b great, fresh and fun if they were just buzz singles, but other than that, I'm hoping that the music is more her than anything else if that makes sense.

Like Lana's water, clear and refreshing. We don't want coffee, or unsweetened iced tea where the collab might stray from the water and more towards a different stronger flavor. I feel it'd b great if the water had hints of lavender or some lemon it, to bring out the water itself.

Wtf am i saying. Subtle collabs destined for greatness that'd age incredibly well.

UV/Honeymoon

I guess we're talking about voices when we say collabs, but are there any persons who play an instrument really well that you'd like to see her collab with?

John Mayer would be cool 

All of the songs she cowrote with Blake were good too I don't know why she hasn't worked with him again 

I feel like LFL has ruined the early excitement during the album pre releases. Before LFL i was so excited for what was to come, like beyond excited. I suppose because it followed Honeymoon which was such an obscure aesthetically pleasing record so it just engraved this amazing impression on me.

Whereas this time i'm not as excited before NFR. I know it'll be great but, i'm more worried if anything. I think what excited me most about Lana was her persona. Attached to the music she made it was a masterpiece. But now she's kind of plain you know? The basic locals outfits and political obsession, you wouldn't tell her apart from a crowd anymore and i think that's what annoyed me the most, she blends in too much and isn't as mysterious

LFL goddamnit

I feel like LFL has ruined the early excitement during the album pre releases. Before LFL i was so excited for what was to come, like beyond excited. I suppose because it followed Honeymoon which was such an obscure aesthetically pleasing record so it just engraved this amazing impression on me.

Whereas this time i'm not as excited before NFR. I know it'll be great but, i'm more worried if anything. I think what excited me most about Lana was her persona. Attached to the music she made it was a masterpiece. But now she's kind of plain you know? The basic locals outfits and political obsession, you wouldn't tell her apart from a crowd anymore and i think that's what annoyed me the most, she blends in too much and isn't as mysterious

LFL goddamnit

Totally agree. The way she lived and breathed her music and persona for years was really fascinating and created the total package imo. It was like watching full time performance art. Before she seemed really passionate about the themes and the music and images of her albums as true works of art, and now it seems like she just sort of doesn't care too much about them. I feel like she makes songs now because she likes to and doesn't know what else to do, but totally lacks the passion that drove her early career.

giphy.gif

Anyone else actually love *some* of the LFL collabs? I agree the collabs with Playboi Carti and A$AP Rocky (although I love Rocky) seemed kinda cheap, and maybe Beautiful People Beautiful Problems too, but I really loved Sean on TNC and even Abel on LFL. 

I honestly loved all of them. I thought they were bringing a new layer to each and everyone of the songs they were on. 

LFL goddamnit

Yup. I feel like this album won't have any aesthetics this time which is a shame because Lana is a very visual person. Who knows though, maybe she'll pull something out of the bag and surprise us all.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven