Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Since @@vodkaa mentioned MTWBT, I really love this hairstyle: [YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I mean, she literally looked like a Greek Goddess or something, and I want her long hair back. LANA PLEASE HAVE MERCY! :defeated:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

this is her folk album, so i want something b&w and simple for the album cover/photoshoot like:

tumblr_of5sdvh8km1qifn2ao1_1280.jpgtumblr_mrj52sWjk91qe0lqqo1_1280.jpgtumblr_ng0tboz8j51qc0m1mo1_1280.jpgtumblr_oprz6sRp3R1r3lb7ro1_640.jpgtumblr_odrs1yr0gu1qflkfzo1_1280.jpg

These pics are beautiful + I would love the continuity with UV era but I would be very surprised if the cover ends up b&w

Also these remind of one of my very favourite pictures of all time, Lana or not, and who exactly represents the vibe I get listening to VB

pjcpb.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

this is her folk album, so i want something b&w and simple for the album cover/photoshoot like:

tumblr_of5sdvh8km1qifn2ao1_1280.jpgtumblr_mrj52sWjk91qe0lqqo1_1280.jpgtumblr_ng0tboz8j51qc0m1mo1_1280.jpgtumblr_oprz6sRp3R1r3lb7ro1_640.jpgtumblr_odrs1yr0gu1qflkfzo1_1280.jpg

I don't understand why people keep saying it's a folk album? Didn't she say it was Red Hot Chili Pepper inspired? I imagine it might have a more alternative sound... Venice Bitch has that 90s alt vibe to it.

I don't understand why people keep saying it's a folk album? Didn't she say it was Red Hot Chili Pepper inspired? I imagine it might have a more alternative sound... Venice Bitch has that 90s alt vibe to it.

the songs we've heard are psychedelic folk

the only thing she said that is similar to rhcp is how some of the newer songs have surf guitar strings like the ones in their songs, not that the whole album is inspired by them

lol lana isn't visually creative one single bit anymore, you guys may as well just prepare for some lackluster chuck picture and save yourselves the dissapointment

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

What I liked about the vibes of both videos were how soft Lana seemed. She wasn't in your face, but still had her usual charm. I think that's how her visuals still work, even if it's just with driving cars, or looking for butterflies round industrail sites. She lives within the background but still gazes back to you, thru soft focus

UV/Honeymoon

What I liked about the vibes of both videos were how soft Lana seemed. She wasn't in your face, but still had her usual charm. I think that's how her visuals still work, even if it's just with driving cars, or looking for butterflies round industrail sites. She lives within the background but still gazes back to you, thru soft focus

I am not a big fan of the MAC video, but VB’s is hypnotic and fits the song perfectly.

vodkaa, on 05 Oct 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

But shes too good to just live in the background

:ohno:

But shes too good to just live in the background

:ohno:

I get what you're saying, but there's a kind of beauty of letting things be said on their own, and what's so hypnotizing about her work is that she pulls you into her world. It's kinda like that saying, inspiration attracts, but manipulation repels. That sort of spell 

Others find the word 'soft' to be something weak, quickly associating the two, but when you come across something soft, like a flower, or how a gentle summer breeze blows, there's still a silent magnificence to them. For me, it could be easier to applaud larger feats, how grand they could be (like, people could applaud you with the sounds of oceans from their palms, and still forget you after the performance. Appreciation lingers a bit more) but there's also something so triumphant in the little things that no one readily notices. It makes those small things even more meaningful too

and when that tenderness connects, it melts, doesn't burn, you

UV/Honeymoon

I get what you're saying, but there's a kind of beauty of letting things be said on their own, and what's so hypnotizing about her work is that she pulls you into her world. It's kinda like that saying, inspiration attracts, but manipulation repels. That sort of spell 

Others find the word 'soft' to be something weak, quickly associating the two, but when you come across something soft, like a flower, or how a gentle summer breeze blows, there's still a silent magnificence to them. For me, it could be easier to applaud larger feats, how grand they could be (like, people could applaud you with the sounds of oceans from their palms, and still forget you after the performance. Appreciation lingers a bit more) but there's also something so triumphant in the little things that no one readily notices. It makes those small things even more meaningful too

and when that tenderness connects, it melts, doesn't burn, you

That was beautiful!

The video for Venice Bitch was actually not that bad and fit the song. Mariners Apartment Complex was lazy.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

MAC video was kinda terrible, would've been better if it had no video at all, Venice bitch was ok, the footage of the old cars went well with the song but it deserved a so much better video. Lana's visual quality has been declining with each album cycle it seems, although LFL videos were better than the honeymoon ones were

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I can absolutely see what she means by Change influences on the record woooooow. And I adore songs that tell story I think it's what Lana excels at I'm so excited, the sound of the record is shaping up and it's really gonna refresh her music up, I'm riding the high wave of this era so far

ZKcaooE.png