Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell

2. How to Disappear

3. Sylvia Plath

4. Mariners Apartment Complex

5. Cinnamon

6. Happiness Is A Butterfly

7. Venice Bitch

This feels like a winter/early spring album. This is me being too hopeful, but since she's teasing it so much now, maybe it's really coming Jan/Feb/March? I still doubt the collabs are a part of this album...

The tracklist so far already looks aesthetically pleasing, like it's suddenly fitting together like a puzzle. I'm glad she's kept the extra long LFL titles at bay for now.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ok confession time: I fucking love how the album is shaping musically. Aesthetically I lost hope since HM but musically I fucking love it... Except the MKG song... We already have a lot of the ideas of the songs and I know Lana will never top UV anyway so I might as well enjoy the rest and I'm rly savouring it

ZKcaooE.png

Piano ballad,not that memorable melody hmm kinda like how to disappear

Managed to listen to a reupload on YouTube.

Well.. let’s hope the chorus is something special!

I’m trying not to judge it too hard because it’s a snippet but this is precisely everything I’m starting to dislike about her songwriting :noparty:

Does the camera emoji means it will have a video? I think that yes and I hope it does, for now it sounds like a PURE Lana Del Rey song and if it's good and it has a solid ( :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:) video it might make critics happy

ZKcaooE.png

I’ll try to stay away from listening to this snippet. I only played it once now and my first impressions were that we have another song with mid-vocals (didn’t expect anything else though), it sounded just as calm as the other snippets and the lyrics seem to be really great. But with every little snippet she teases that sound similar, I lose hope that they will evolve like VB. All of them can’t explode like VB and I’m just worried that NFR will be too filled with ballads... but I’ve learned to never doubt Lana, HM was slow and perhaps ballad-y but it turned out to be magnificent.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The Sylvia snippet had me like: ''...eh'' It's not really something new, you know? Just another piano ballad it seems. 

BUT, of course I hope, and I bet that the song evolves into something much bigger obviously, and even if it's just a full piano ballad, I think it's one of the more powerful ones. The melody is pretty deep right from the start (assuming the snippet is the first verse) and the lyrics are really good and also kinda new for Lana, I guess. I don't know they sound fresh to me, like, the phrasing and the rhyming is a bit new for Lana, in my opinion, which is great. 

Can't wait to see what direction this song takes. From this snippet alone, it doesn't sound that interesting, but I bet it's gonna be a masterpiece 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Well Lana didnt describe the album as acoustic piano ballad so I think Jack played with the production. .but I do think that its gonna be one or two pure piano ballads in it

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Notice how Lana literally just teased a new song and only like 50 people were viewing the topic... i have to laugh. I remember during LFL era when Lana would tease or announce something new and the thread would become chaos, like daily 100 people viewing the topic.

There's something so off about this era and i cant put my finger on it. We're already in quite a deep stage already and there seems to be not much excitement in the air, it's as though nobody cares lmao. She really is ruining the whole anticipation with all these lame snippets and lack of promotion, it feels like a lot of her fans have ditched her or something

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Notice how Lana literally just teased a new song and only like 50 people were viewing the topic... i have to laugh. I remember during LFL era when Lana would tease or announce something new and the thread would become chaos, like daily 100 people viewing the topic.

There's something so off about this era and i cant put my finger on it. We're already in quite a deep stage already and there seems to be not much excitement in the air, it's as though nobody cares lmao. She really is ruining the whole anticipation with all these lame snippets and lack of promotion, it feels like a lot of her fans have ditched her or something

RIGHTTTTTT LIKE WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE

e1s11.gif

She did many things during lfl era like interviews ,photoshoots, a lil more promo in general

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

FOR REAL THO

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven