Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

can she go live so we can spam her and ask for the date

She knows it, and it could be the reason why she's not going live or tweeting as much.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I really dont know why you gays keep thinking this is going to be an 11 track album. Like, whats not clicking? WHATS NOT CLICKING?? She said it has 11 tracks sO FAr .... (so far being the key words here) - clearly this meant she plans on adding more and was already working on them by that time, and this was 4 months ago.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really dont know why you gays keep thinking this is going to be an 11 track album. Like, whats not clicking? WHATS NOT CLICKING?? She said it has 11 tracks sO FAr .... (so far being the key words here) - clearly this meant she plans on adding more and was already working on them by that time, and this was 4 months ago.

your mind

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

How many tracks would y'all want the album to have? I want 14 tracks moreless, something like Honeymoon. More than that could be really long since Venice Bitch is long as fuck. 

Giving Lana's consistency in approaching her albums with "concept" in mind, I expect there to be another track on NFR that's lengthier... maybe 7-8 minutes or so. So really, I do think, with what we have so far, and the sorta of introspective nature of it, it'd be best to go the UV route and stick with the lower side of tracks to avoid over-pumping the narrative. So I think 11-12 is perfect (although, I wouldn't complain about bonus tracks, but I'm sure she's done with that formula, which I respect.)

I have a feeling she may do another "transition" halfway through the album again like she did L4L, only more on the subtle side, and Venice Bitch could very well be the centerpiece (track 5 or 6) that is followed up by something like Cinnamon, so that the album kinda morphs from guitar/rock vibes, to the hip hop with piano and guitar, and possibly ending with the bareness of HiaDT and the final piano/hip hop/rock infusion we heard of the production for HtD...

A graph because I'm stoned and bored:

01. MAC

02. NFR

03. HiaB

04. (something guitar/piano)

05. (something guitar/piano)

06. VB

07. Cinnamon

08. (something bop like Cinnamon with guitar/piano)

09. (something bop like Cinnamon with guitar/piano)

10. HiaDTFaWLMTH-BIHI (the Old Money fo the album)

11. HtD

How many tracks would y'all want the album to have? I want 14 tracks moreless, something like Honeymoon. More than that could be really long since Venice Bitch is long as fuck. 

14 or 15 tracks would be perfect.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

So far she has served only quality. Honestly just gave up on the release date, not hyping myself up after the LFL mess, so I'm convinced is gonna come around may-june. Better be surprised than dissapointed they say.

What annoys me is even artists who work with much smaller budgets like FKA Twigs or Kelela still have iconic visuals, but Lana is just plain lazy :skull:

I feel like a lot of it is her still reacting to people from BTD era saying she was all style and no substance, but girl we get it now.

Does she even care about having the #1 album though?

The promo has been so minimal she might not get it on a less busy week either

she doesn't... but her record company surely does. She is an odd star by today's standards and she is incredibly successful despite her lack of promotion of things. Her music is what is important to her and it seems to work: she is doing  super well on streaming platforms (her music is one we always go back to). But it always look good to say she has reached number 1 a couple of times. And Interscope invested in a big-ass producer with NFR: they surely want to have a number 1 record again. 

Giving Lana's consistency in approaching her albums with "concept" in mind, I expect there to be another track on NFR that's lengthier... maybe 7-8 minutes or so. So really, I do think, with what we have so far, and the sorta of introspective nature of it, it'd be best to go the UV route and stick with the lower side of tracks to avoid over-pumping the narrative. So I think 11-12 is perfect (although, I wouldn't complain about bonus tracks, but I'm sure she's done with that formula, which I respect.)

I have a feeling she may do another "transition" halfway through the album again like she did L4L, only more on the subtle side, and Venice Bitch could very well be the centerpiece (track 5 or 6) that is followed up by something like Cinnamon, so that the album kinda morphs from guitar/rock vibes, to the hip hop with piano and guitar, and possibly ending with the bareness of HiaDT and the final piano/hip hop/rock infusion we heard of the production for HtD...

A graph because I'm stoned and bored:

01. MAC

02. NFR

03. HiaB

04. (something guitar/piano)

05. (something guitar/piano)

06. VB

07. Cinnamon

08. (something bop like Cinnamon with guitar/piano)

09. (something bop like Cinnamon with guitar/piano)

10. HiaDTFaWLMTH-BIHI (the Old Money fo the album)

11. HtD

I see In Your Car as the opening track, followed by MAC. I sometimes see VB as the second-to-last song of the record, or centerpiece. 

I honestly see 12 tracks for that one for 2 reasons: 

- VB is almost 10 minute-long. UV (standard edition) and HM both are 60-minute-ish long. To have 14 or 15 tracks, with one already 10 minute long, would make a longer record than LFL, which was super long (a couple of critics noted that it was hard to listen to it from cover to cover because of that 70 minutes+ length).

- her work with Jack was more spaced (she mentioned he was coming to LA for 9 days-ish a month, for the past year) and was more planned. If they had 11 songs in September, they then had to master the whole thing, which takes time. HTD could be the 12th track, or maybe it was already added to the 11 but wasn't finished production-wise. 

But hey, if there are more, I won't complain: the more Lana the merrier :) 

I honestly see 12 tracks for that one for 2 reasons: 

- VB is almost 10 minute-long. UV (standard edition) and HM both are 60-minute-ish long. To have 14 or 15 tracks, with one already 10 minute long, would make a longer record than LFL, which was super long (a couple of critics noted that it was hard to listen to it from cover to cover because of that 70 minutes+ length).

- her work with Jack was more spaced (she mentioned he was coming to LA for 9 days-ish a month, for the past year) and was more planned. If they had 11 songs in September, they then had to master the whole thing, which takes time. HTD could be the 12th track, or maybe it was already added to the 11 but wasn't finished production-wise. 

But hey, if there are more, I won't complain: the more Lana the merrier :)

Which is true, but he did say that HIADT was done pretty fast, it was the first track they did together and I’m pretty sure it was like all one take. So if that’s true, they could’ve done 2-3 tracks that way easily within days

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

So there’s already like 2 interviews from Jared about Gucci’s campaign and none from Lana.  :deadbanana:

Jared is more bigger than Lana though, so that's probably why

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Billie Eilish just posted the word March on her ig story.

That’s likely referring to her album release date. No #1 for Lana :(

Apparently Ariana will release Thank U, Next in March too. But I don't think Lana cares about a #1 so there's that.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains