Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Why are we fighting over other people's music careers when we all don't have any successful ones of our own? Every artist has brought something different to the table. Now I might not enjoy most of the names you guys mentioned, but that doesn't downplay their talent nor the influence they have. The one thing we can collectively agree on is they're more successful than we'll ever be, at least in the present moment, because they utilized their talents, captured an audience, and currently are profiting off the beds they've made and laid themselves. Every artist has a gift of their own. Just be grateful enough art is being made nowadays for us to even pick and choose from and that no one is really being shoved down our throats like they were back then by the mainstream media. Salute bitches! Now let's solve a real issue like world hunger or global warming!

tumblr_nmu56gmY4L1rj44pgo6_250.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

omg

@@Coney Island King is my godfather and @@sweetie is my other godparent and im so lucky 2 look up to and be v afraid of them

@@YUNGATA is there too but he's like a thumbtack shoved into the family tree, an enigma, a yungigma

I guess it's pretty sure Cinnamon will be on NFR. I don't understand why some of you are afraid she scrapped it. She wouldn't leave it on her Instagram if it wasn't on the album.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1000 pages Feb. 13th

1134 pages Feb. 23rd

Damn, took us only 10 days for 134 pages in a deserted era, we out here

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I don’t think Lana is less excited about her music. I mean, she clearly can’t stop herself from sharing snippets, right? She wants to share the excitement with us, and it works... until we don’t hear anymore of it until months later.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ya’ll are so extra.

Its not that Lana doesn’t care, there is just nothing for her to do yet because the album ISN’T out anytime soon. The era hasn’t begun, everyone just got caught up think March was the release because a few publications said it was, Lana didn’t actually say shit, all she said was “album in 2019”......well lipster cuntz we have 10 whole months of 2019 left so put your patience pants on.

In saying that though, if Cinnamon isn’t out by 7:12am on Tuesday i’m burning my house down.

Wbk that lana has horrible management but Ben is literally the most unprofessional manager ever. I understand that Lana's material leaking is frustrating but why go on instagram and bash lanaboards lol? We're like the only people that actually care so pushing us away is not a great idea

FzytWEW.png

A fan asked on insta if it was true that the album is coming March 29th and Ben replied ‘not true’.

Guess we have a definite answer then.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think NFR probably was coming on March 29 when it had the original album cover, but now she is shooting the new one (which could mean new CD, Vinyl, boxset designs, etc) so they knew March 29 would be too soon and gave the date to Billie. I think the music is finished, but the artwork is not (which is why Ben was saying the album was still being finished). And yeah, I agree that Lana still loves making music and being a singer, but is taking a step back until the era truly starts or a release date gets decided!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Of all the other pop stars that seems overlap with Lana’s fanbase.

Troye Sivan really can’t sing, autotuned basic garbage. Marina’s voice is not really pleasant, decent songwriter, her production taste is a little garish and obnoxious, all her songs are like the worst of the overproduced songs from the BTD era. Azealia Banks leaves everyone’s wigs snatched always, most underappreciated star since her drama overshadows her music. Lorde’s best songs are all on her first album (unpopular oppinion), but both albums are strong. Sophie is the best pop star other than Lana. Sky Ferrera is very good but disapeared off the earth for six years while promising her album every year, makes Lana’s hiatus seem like five minutes. Charli XCX I love but don’t like the 1999 song with Troye, sometimes Charli is too basic, she needs to work with Sophie more. Grimes I adore. Cupcakke I adore. Kim Petras is cute and catchy but needs a lot of autotuning, I like her song with Sophie. Ariana is boring but is hot and has a very strong voice. Florence are classic but I don’t really listen much.

How is this even related to NFR in any way?

But yeah, Marina and Troye totally can't sing, like wow, my ears are actually bleeding right now.

I don't know why people still waste their time on them? They could be stanning the reincarnation of Whitney Houston instead: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnE-6xykbD4

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif