Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This thread gets continuously dumber every time I come back.

Why y’all role playing baby names for lana wtf

Some of these gays need a day job i swear

it's all in good fun

giphy.gif

This album is never coming, or it's going to be some bullshit version of LFL 2.0 because the label made her add songs or she started doubting herself. I'm over it. 

200.gif

I'm so here for a L4L 2.0

ACT II could NEVER

negAbhB.png

I JUST had a dream that NFR leaked and I was going through this thread reading people's opinions and when I woke up (like 2 minutes ago lmaoo) I immediately opened LB to check. LMAO I really thought I had some kind of vision =))))))))) :defeated: :rip:

Anyway, going back to sleep, it's the middle of the night lol

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

fun doesn’t pay

a day job does

:hooker:

I don't think being a bitch pays either tho lmao :awkney:

I think it's time to lock the thread again mods

I think it's time we realize the pre release thread should have never been opened in the first place and we should be using the pre pre release thread but it got locked so :biblio:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Kill me.

:DDDD

Yep. She teased too soon. She probably thought she would be done by the end of the year, but shit happens.

My personal theory is that she submitted NFR to Interscope in January and they must have thought it was too «Low key» to their taste, especially with Jack Antonoff attached to the project. She was spotted in Jack's story, probably recording something, in February I think? With the new photo shoot for a probable album cover this month, I wouldn't be surprised if Interscope demanded at least one «single-friendly» song (she talked a little about NFr in a January interview and said it was 13-song long, with no bangers on it, a «day-to-day» and Old L.A. feel to it).

Even though Cinnamon is a bit low-key, I’m surprised they wouldn’t release it as a single if this were the case since it sounds the most “radio-friendly”.

Not the twinks adding poet to her occupations on Wikipedia. I guess that makes me a professional dancer because I do a shitty two-step in the club sometimes.

Same. I've baked cupcakes before, I've hammered a painting into a wall, I've wrote a poem rhyming blue and you. Just call me head chef architect poet man :awkney2: Lana is not a poet as much as the gays want her to be. She's a song writer whose writing poems. That's it.

I just can't wait for all to be revealed and we all will feel so stupid for doubting her :um2:

She can bring Jesus back from the dead but that won't change the fact that she's messy, she's a liar, and her era is taking 7+ months :poordat:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Lana is not a poet as much as the gays want her to be. She's a song writer whose writing poems. That's it.

As much as I love Rupi Kaur and her books, she's a poet and still doesn't make incredible things. It's pretty simple actually. Lana does way more than her if I had to compare both. And that could be the case with most poets nowadays. You really don't want Lana to be a poet, but if she wants to be a poet, then she IS. Poetry is free. We're not in the 18th century anymore. She doesn't have to write like T. S. Eliot. You can't even understand half of what he writes, and that comes from someone who read Four Quartets many times. Since Lana began with poetry, I think it's already really good. Her poems are like vivid paintings.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

http://www.flaunt.com/content/people/lana-del-rey

This was the best part of the LFL era.

Ew no

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

As much as I love Rupi Kaur and her books, she's a poet and still doesn't make incredible things. It's pretty simple actually. Lana does way more than her if I had to compare both. And that could be the case with most poets nowadays. You really don't want Lana to be a poet, but if she wants to be a poet, then she IS. Poetry is free. We're not in the 18th century anymore. She doesn't have to write like T. S. Eliot. You can't even understand half of what he writes, and that comes from someone who read Four Quartets many times. Since Lana began with poetry, I think it's already really good. Her poems are like vivid paintings.

It's against all logics of the language system to randomly call someone a poet because they wrote some super bad haikus and cringy firstgrader poems. It's like calling a horse a chair because you can sit on it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!