Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Off topic, but do y’all like “Wait For Life”? I literally never see anyone ever talk about it. I didn’t even know it existed until like 1 or 2 years ago. Which reminds me. I’ve been a Lana fan for 5 years now. Damn.. time sure does fly by quick. I still remember discovering West Coast a month before the release of The Pink Print. I was bored and finally decided to give Lana a chance. I instantly fell in love and then checked out Ultraviolence. Listened it for months non stop, then moved on to Born To Die and the rest is history. My first era that I experienced as it was happening was HoneyMoon.

I LOVE Wait For Life. and I know that it came out in like 2015, so post UV, but I always attributed the song w Paradise. The languor, the slow dramatics of it. I'd always envision it being played before Ride, where she's still stuck pre-motorcycle gang, kinda like a SoA episode. Best to be played in the late afternoon. 

annnnd, I loved the HM rollout, HM hotline, the UO pre-release listening period, the Amoeba performance (?) the Wiltern premier of the Freak mv. Maybe since I was a bit new to the forum, but things were a lot simpler, or smoother rather, being a Lana stan 

UV/Honeymoon

No printer just fax

2ue34uv.jpg

2gsjt5t.jpg

(Will do LFL & what we have of NFR later :hooker:)

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

florida kilos is one of her worst songs

same with fucked my way

and heroin is not that good

xx

florida kilos is one of her worst songs

same with fucked my way

and heroin is not that good

xx

I nearly threw up.

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/CigsAfterSexx/status/1110788768053628928?s=09

I'd actually dig a Cigarettes After Sex collab. This just screams for Lana.

I think I would implode with an eargasm if I ever heard this.

Yesssss please.

And never mind I’m an idiot. That wasn’t her. Either way Lana where you at, CAS is calling.

im still thinking about last friday how she asked the audience which song to sing and only one girl was yelling cinnamon... a queen i hope shes eating good right now but disappointed that no one else joined in.

I know her strap is big I know it

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Florida Kilos is straight up a contender for her best song of all time. If Lana is the queen of sad, surfy, nostalgic, drugged up euphoric summer jams, this is her fucking MAGNUM OPUS.

COME ON DOWN TO FLORIDA, I GOT SOMETHIN FOR YA

and that instrumental, I mean jeeze if you don’t think it’s one of her best moments, y’all lying

High by the beach & summer bummer W I S H they had what Florida Kilos has

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

https://twitter.com/CigsAfterSexx/status/1110788768053628928?s=09

I'd actually dig a Cigarettes After Sex collab. This just screams for Lana.

I think I would implode with an eargasm if I ever heard this.

I remember emailing Greg’s, the lead singer of Cigs After Sex, back in 2015 and telling him to collaborate with Lana and he emailed back saying they would love to. oh the memories

giphy.gif

Florida Kilos is straight up a contender for her best song of all time. If Lana is the queen of sad, surfy, nostalgic, drugged up euphoric summer jams, this is her fucking MAGNUM OPUS.

COME ON DOWN TO FLORIDA, I GOT SOMETHIN FOR YA

and that instrumental, I mean jeeze if you don’t think it’s one of her best moments, y’all lying

High by the beach & summer bummer W I S H they had what Florida Kilos has

YES, this.

Off topic, but do y’all like “Wait For Life”? I literally never see anyone ever talk about it. I didn’t even know it existed until like 1 or 2 years ago. Which reminds me. I’ve been a Lana fan for 5 years now. Damn.. time sure does fly by quick. I still remember discovering West Coast a month before the release of The Pink Print. I was bored and finally decided to give Lana a chance. I instantly fell in love and then checked out Ultraviolence. Listened it for months non stop, then moved on to Born To Die and the rest is history. My first era that I experienced as it was happening was HoneyMoon.

I love it!

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

So... will we get a tweet finally confirming the release date in the coming days? 

How long does it take to decide for a date with Interscope? The poetry book is taking shape and that project must also be on the verge of having a release date... 

Fingers crossed...

Also, low key expecting HIADT isn't on NFR. I mean I think I like it but I'm also over the piano ballads. Kinda boring.

I, for once, wish it ends up on NFR, to have it in context. It's a beautiful ballad, but on its own, it doesn't have, to me, the same replay value as MAC and VB. A bit like Change and Heroin: they're both stunning, but out of context, they are a bit odd.