Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Likely won't happen, but did anyone think 3/29 is when she may release the lead single? it's highly unlikely considering she usually does some promo for a few days before, but I'm just wondering. Late March single would mean a late-May release.

Sadly no :(

glad we got the fact that it's fake out of the way!

I know everyone is nervous about when the album will be released but rest assured it will.

1) she confirmed when MAC and VB were released that she had the album coming

2) it's been in every music and lifestyle magazine on a list of anticipated records

3) Ben confirmed it would, but that good music takes time

4) she posted a week or so again she was working with Steven Klein on a cover (whether she meant magazine or album...I'm not sure).

We need patience. To be honest, I never thought she would release in March. She usually likes releasing over the summer give or take. I have a strange feeling this record will be big for her, whether she wants the attention or not. From the snippets to the general hype to people's opinions having changed about her over time, I think we're going to get something BIG.

that is a Beautiful Imagination <3

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

glad we got the fact that it's fake out of the way!

Love your never-ending love and devotion to your child. 

There’s nothing real about that 4chan post, y’all.

Probably. Like I said before, who is that lucky fucker who got to go to a streaming party of NFR? And why bring back the info to 4chan, of all places?

But in this dry era that started fucking way too early, psychic are our go-to source for a calendar of news / new songs, and false well-written reviews are reviving the hype. 

Love your never-ending love and devotion to your child. 

and the collective and her satellites equally love you.

What if the V Magazine interview is another one with no new album info? Not even descriptions of new tracks. I would cry.

Leaked excerpt from the interview:

“For me, the issue of Norman Fucking Rockwell is just not an interesting concept. I'm more interested in, you know, wheatgrass juice and my poetry book, what's going to happen with my baddie lifestyle. Whenever people bring up the album, I'm like, god. I'm just not really that interested.”

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

What if the V Magazine interview is another one with no new album info? Not even descriptions of new tracks. I would cry.

She’ll introduce a track that encapsulates the theme of NFR then cut it from the final tracklist

It’s tradition

I know everyone is nervous about when the album will be released but rest assured it will.

1) she confirmed when MAC and VB were released that she had the album coming

2) it's been in every music and lifestyle magazine on a list of anticipated records

3) Ben confirmed it would, but that good music takes time

4) she posted a week or so again she was working with Steven Klein on a cover (whether she meant magazine or album...I'm not sure).

We need patience. To be honest, I never thought she would release in March. She usually likes releasing over the summer give or take. I have a strange feeling this record will be big for her, whether she wants the attention or not. From the snippets to the general hype to people's opinions having changed about her over time, I think we're going to get something BIG.

She also mentioned it was done/complete in a Livestream.

My guess is she wanted to change a few things since then though

If that tea is true..who do we think came out of hiding to work with Lana? I'm predicting they would be someone classic and critically acclaimed, like Stevie. 

If that tea is true..who do we think came out of hiding to work with Lana? I feel like it would be someone classic and critically acclaimed, like Stevie.

or Carole King, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell??

omg could it be john frusciante?? he's the RHCP's iconic former guitarist & most definitely a musical hermit!! he's not exactly retired, but hasn't released music in a while (and when he does, it's always stuff he recorded years before) and hasn't done a live show since 2008 or something like that. that would give her "RHCP influences" comment a whole new meaning, omg...

edit: as a frusciante stan & someone who knows his m.o. and views on music, this would be sf huge that i actually have trouble believing this possibility myself tbh.

It was my first thought lol

I've been praying for a collab between those two for YEARS. John would LOVE Lana so much and I'm sure she'd get him out of that damn house of his lol. But it seems way too much. I really see John doing something like that, tho.. but I'm not even sure she actually knows it's John Frusciante behind those guitars.

But just imagine what would that be for Lana's career... He's a genius. Lana under his direction, or doing anything... Just... woah... their music tastes are so alike... They could learn SO much from each other.

One day... one day...

Actually, MAC reminded me of this one  :flutter: 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey