Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This poet

Well some things she writes are kinda cringe but overall I don't think it's that bad

But I don't give a shit where is NFR

I actually think the opposite... Some of the things she's written, a handful of lines, I actually liked. But overall I think her poetry is a whole new level of cringe. It's shockingly, unreasonably bad. I would have never expected this embarrassment from such an amazing lyricist. I already considered her a poet, her lyrics are poetry to me. And great poetry at that. She could have published Hope as a poem, How To Disappear, even MAC... I don't get it. It's like her lyrics & poems are written by two completely different people.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I actually think the opposite... Some of the things she's written, a handful of lines, I actually liked. But overall I think her poetry is a whole new level of cringe. It's shockingly, unreasonably bad. I would have never expected this embarrassment from such an amazing lyricist. I already considered her a poet, her lyrics are poetry to me. And great poetry at that. She could have published Hope as a poem, How To Disappear, even MAC... I don't get it. It's like her lyrics & poems are written by two completely different people.

guess it's because she is writing the poems from another point of view and because she tries a thematology that it's kinda new for her probably 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I hope she releases audio of her reading the poetry, I feel I have to read them too much to make out what shes trying to say and I still don't really get it but I dont know much (anything) about poetry.

Could be they think the poetry book will be publicity for the album. They know only Lana fans will buy the poetry but if they announce that then it will gain a lot of publicity that she has released poetry and then if she was to announce the album a week later they probably think the album will be more successful as a lot of people will check it having heard a lot about her releasing poetry the week before.

...not all publicity is good publicity :/

I hope she releases audio of her reading the poetry, I feel I have to read them too much to make out what shes trying to say and I still don't really get it but I dont know much (anything) about poetry.

You don’t have to know anything about poetry to get what she’s saying. She’s always written in metaphors in her music, it’s the same kind of thing here. A lot of what shes saying is metaphorical. No she doesn’t have 7 planets in her eyes but she’s saying she sees everything and is pulling from everything she can as a muse. The universe, our point of location. He isn’t Bob Dylan but she’s calling him Vernan Dylan bc he reminds her of Bob and maybe he played Bob a lot with her so it’s just a memory of this person.

Everyone interprets poetry differently and this is just how I see it. Land of 1000 Fires is referring to when California was burning.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

guess it's because she is writing the poems from another point of view and because she tries a thematology that it's kinda new for her probably 

ah, yes, the point of view of a crying crustacean :awkney2:

i agree! i don't think neon/hot pink would fit honestly, i always pictured a green translucent vinyl or a peach/coral one and i think it would be real cute. can't wait to buy that bitch

Well, actually, I favored more of a pale pink nd even a bit of a lavender shade. Coral seems the most classic tho, totally missed the opportunity for lavender for LFL.. The translucent green kinda jusr reminds me of my microwave disk that’s why I never bought one for myself..

Dark green’s a powerful color, symbolizing wealth, health and is a bit regal imo. Doesn’t really reflect intimacy all that well, and let’s be honest, unless u live round north Cal, it doesn’t come to mind as much as a surf or rock color.. whereas coral can reflect something of a groovy, beachy vibe versatile for both spring and summer. Dark green reminds me too much of those hymn books they’d have in cathedrals, two cents

UV/Honeymoon

Well to be fair she does have other writers on her tracks lol

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Her leaving in the spelling mistakes is, of course, a very well-thought out commentary, and dare I say even critique, of our advanced and continuously evolving understanding to and relationship with communication and how we seek and find meaning in the written word in this realm and in others, both in time present and perhaps time past, which of course leads us to time future. It deals with metaphysics, time travel and time bends, and a little bit of the occult. 

It's terribly advanced, only true crying crustaceans will get it. 

i agree! i don't think neon/hot pink would fit honestly, i always pictured a green translucent vinyl or a peach/coral one and i think it would be real cute. can't wait to buy that bitch

I posted this in the other thread already, but this is the color scheme and aesthetic I'm dying for:

0c5b10defda3d7281583bcd0da3cb4b1.jpg

large.jpg

Mamas_PApas_Hill.jpg

Cal_Dreamin_outdoors_complete_anthology_

maxresdefault.jpg

It would be a perfect modern take on the Lauren Canyon imagery - which Lana has repeatedly described the album as being influenced by. And it would fit well with the two VHS videos we have so far featuring rustic LA scenery.

Her leaving in the spelling mistakes is, of course, a very well-thought out commentary, and dare I say even critique, of our advanced and continuously evolving understanding to and relationship with communication and how we seek and find meaning in the written word in this realm and in others, both in time present and perhaps time past, which of course leads us to time future. It deals with metaphysics, time travel and time bends, and a little bit of the occult.

:agree:

I posted this in the other thread already, but this is the color scheme and aesthetic I'm dying for:

large.jpg

Mamas_PApas_Hill.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It would be a perfect modern take on the Lauren Canyon imagery - which Lana has repeatedly described the album as being influenced by. And it would fit well with the two VHS videos we have so far featuring rustic LA scenery.

i love this...

this represents old south west usa so good.

maybe some night shots could compliment it even more?

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

large.jpg

Mamas_PApas_Hill.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This is so fucking beautiful. I crave for her to have something like this. The era though so far consists of the sky and the natural sun with just industrial style. If she used a professional photographer I could see them capturing something like this very well.

giphy.gif

I've always imagined the albums colour palett to be very classic green and blue, the traditional colours of summer. The blue sky against the green grass. Except the air isn't so hot, its kind of crisp and cool. I wouldn't associate greys, dark browns and blacks with this era at all. I think this era seems quite bright, vibrant and classic

0d42454828211c498a95b6228f83db27.jpg

4030187-RDSMEYTS-6.jpg

large.jpg

51wi-XsDyZL.jpg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don’t know...the music feels very late summer, fading light at dusk to me. And Laurel Canyon imagery is synonymous with that color palette.

The driving scenes in the VB video have a little bit of that feel as well.

rs_480x270-180308133710-Katy.gif?fit=ins

LMAO what is this gif =))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Damn, Katy Perry basically confirming publicly that she's a reptilian...honestly not surprised

Lanaboards summoning one of the Goetia demons to release the album

You guys got me laughing extremely hard at this too =)))))))))))

Y'all have gone crazy and I love it lol

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

these night shots remind me how much i would love a Ride based album, just with references to Nevada and motels and just riding and feeling free. don't tell me born to die already exists because i want Lana to explore the Ride aesthetic even more... it would be stunning honestly.

i mean thats sort of aka though

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e