Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

MAC is the song that gives me the most hope. It speaks to me in a way i cant describe. Especially the people can change part :(

I had a dream last night and I seen the album in it with all the song names and I just remembered about it there as I clicked on this thread, i've forgot all the song names I seen and the only thing I remembered was that someone called Silvestre was featured on the album :toofunny: 

Can't believe I forgot about it as I remember waking up and laying thinking about it and planned to google the name Silvestre something and see if it was a real person but then forgot it all day.

I had a dream last night and I seen the album in it with all the song names and I just remembered about it there as I clicked on this thread, i've forgot all the song names I seen and the only thing I remembered was that someone called Silvestre was featured on the album :toofunny: 

Can't believe I forgot about it as I remember waking up and laying thinking about it and planned to google the name Silvestre something and see if it was a real person but then forgot it all day.

Google search is bringing up Silvestre Dangond, a Colombian singer :toofunny:

he’s crazy y colombiano como yo, la la

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I’m finding Lana Boring at the moment.....

I'm not tryna be shady or sumn but... she's teaching you a valuable lesson: get a life! 

Sleep music? Aren't we LANA fans? :awkney: I mean sis honeymoon is keeping no one awake... It's not a bad thing, but literally most of Lana's discography is sleep music so.....

catch my cancer ass staying awake to honeymoon any day of the week

it's just the way i feel

I just want the tracklist so we can stop referring to that car song as “In Your Car” bc I hate that name

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Lana has a unique voice, unique lyrics, a unique look, unique production and a unique personality. Adele has NONE OF THAT. She writes songs like a 45 year old mother with 5 kids that owns a pub down my street trying to make a big singing career by auditioning for x factor. I've seen like a gazillion adele's out there. I've only ever seen 1 Lana.

The lack of taste.. far too much

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

catch my cancer ass staying awake to honeymoon any day of the week

Oh don't me wrong it doesn't put me to sleep per say, but the one thing I love about Lana is you can put her tunes on at night and it's not hard to fall asleep to :thumb3: like I said though there's nothing wrong with that, I'd say it's a plus to have such calming music at a time in life like this so I ain't mad

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

my guesses are danny brown and/or the spirit of aretha franklin

even tho that post is fake lets be real "someone who is considered a hermit in the music industry but came out of retirement for her" could very easily be talking about herself at this point  :toofunny:

UbsOye5.png

I know everyone is nervous about when the album will be released but rest assured it will.

1) she confirmed when MAC and VB were released that she had the album coming

2) it's been in every music and lifestyle magazine on a list of anticipated records

3) Ben confirmed it would, but that good music takes time

4) she posted a week or so again she was working with Steven Klein on a cover (whether she meant magazine or album...I'm not sure).

We need patience. To be honest, I never thought she would release in March. She usually likes releasing over the summer give or take. I have a strange feeling this record will be big for her, whether she wants the attention or not. From the snippets to the general hype to people's opinions having changed about her over time, I think we're going to get something BIG.

Last week, someone here posted a screenshot of a 4chan report by someone who would have had the chance to listen to NFR (4chan sure is a weird place to leak that kind of info; Reddit seems more profesional compared to 4 chan lol. Plus: who is that very lucky fucker who had the chance to go to a streaming party of NFR?). 

But what it said was interesting and if half of what was said si true, NFR will be making headlines, promo or not. It said that NFR was a sort of homage to her music and career so far, with similar themes but in a new light. But what was mostly interesting was that Lana was looking for blood: she was calling by name a couple of producers for their big ego, and that it could possibly sink one of these big shots' careeer. And also, NFR would have a big collab by someone who is considered like an hermit in the music industry but came out of retirement for her. VB would be cut by a minute, for the album. Overall, the album could get a perfect score from Pitchfork.

Again, this is probably false but imagine hearing that kind of record... And if she she really is calling big shots by their name, no wonder Interscope is pushing back the release. 

It's only speculation, though. 

okay but did it mention my child