Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana: Has countless lyrics that directly allude to Christianity.

Fans: YASS JESUS IS MY DSDDY

Also Lana: *goes to a church*

Fans: GET OUT THE PITCHFORKES!

Girl I’m not at all a Christian, but more than a few of you just seem a bit hypocritical to me.

maybe if she was attending a real church and not a cult, people wouldn't feel this way.

i know LA can be full of phony clowns and yes many people who become friends with celebrities just do it for their own gain but lets not judge too hard please. these are lana's friends who she seems to really care about / make her happy and thats really what we should want for her :oprah3:

Again, it's not against Christianity in general... It's this one, violently homophobic Hillsong church that thinks they can "cure" homosexuality and by doing so forcefully project their beliefs on other people.

People can still be in peace with Christianity but not accept this concept.

I personally think that Hillsong is not really a Christian branch, because shouldn't it be all about inclusion?

Like not judging people for who they are and trying to set their minds "straight" (pun intended) by brainwashing them...

It's Hillsong's interpretation of God's word that is the problem

Your absolutely right about that.. coming from a gay hot mess of a Montrealer who was exposed to many hardcore churches as a kid that actually seemed more as a cult, people's interpretation of the bible and what god assumes is a sin or not is 95% of the time completely false and honestly I personally am sure god would condemn someone who is gay to hell and decided to get married and be faithful to their partner, but not condemn a straight guy sleeping with a different girl a night. A little off topic but I had to Just in case someone reading this might be someone who thinks them being gay isn't right and isn't accepting that part of themselves..

Just believe me when I say, in the end, it's your heart and intentions that are seen not who you sleep with and trust me the whole Catholic Church and community from way back in time to today are not truly following what god says to do in the bible. Except the complete opposite. Hopefully reading my rant got some of our minds off of NFR for a few seconds so at least there's that

tenor.gif

Is it the blonde girl with the short or long hair? I despise them both

the “we’re flying to New Orleans!!!!!!!” one

that video was the most annoying thing I’ve ever got to see

Your absolutely right about that.. coming from a gay hot mess of a Montrealer who was exposed to many hardcore churches as a kid that actually seemed more as a cult, people's interpretation of the bible and what god assumes is a sin or not is 95% of the time completely false and honestly I personally am sure god would condemn someone who is gay to hell and decided to get married and be faithful to their partner, but not condemn a straight guy sleeping with a different girl a night. A little off topic but I had to Just in case someone reading this might be someone who thinks them being gay isn't right and isn't accepting that part of themselves..

Just believe me when I say, in the end, it's your heart and intentions that are seen not who you sleep with and trust me the whole Catholic Church and community from way back in time to today are not truly following what god says to do in the bible. Except the complete opposite. Hopefully reading my rant got some of our minds off of NFR for a few seconds so at least there's that

I- did I read this right?

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

That Hillsong chruch thing makes me feel very uncomfortable.

I'm use to go to some mass as a gay man, because there's things I can find in it, but I've chosen a catholic church lead by a progressive priest, that is very open-minded and coherent with today's world. It really exists.
I'm used not to care about the person behind the artists that I love (Sartre was very edgy IRL, but his work is one of my fave things), but still I'm used to boycott what deeply fears me.

Lana's lyrics are very linked to catholicism (Mariners, Hope etc), and I deeply like this dimension, but I honestly have to consider not buying her stuff if I consider that this money can go to organisations that are dangerous for gay people, especially youngsters.

+ I'm used not to like-a-lot the person behind LDR, she's very liberal, I don't like a lot of the things she says about money and stuff, but I absolutely don't care, I don't have any link to her except her music, and that's all that matters to me.
But on the other side, human rights is the thing I don't negociate with (as she lovely said before). So I'll not freak out but I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Well his is her way of getting payback for leaking lfl

I don’t see it as a way of getting back at us, but her stuff is secure now and it sure gives her all the luxury to take her sweet time...

? can’t view it

One of the girls has a Lana-ish look and guest judge Adam Rippon asks her: « Lana Del Rey, when is your album coming out? Soon? » XD