Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Here’s the thing about that rant, and I mean no disrespect, but are leakers legit going to grow a conscious now? I don’t care for half of her unreleased songs, because they’re some of her worst material (obviously because some have the bad production/weaker lyrics/some were a good draft for final songs- but that’s it, a draft), and I think most of us could’ve lived without hearing some of them- but I doubt most of us are seriously asking for the leaks of new material? It’s stupid, and I’m still pissed at the people who leaked BAR. Personally idc how long an artist takes to release new music- Lana could take a 5 year hiatus and I’d wish her the best and still listen to her music. What I hate is the disrespect and unprofessionalism coming from her team, the vague album updates, the odd choice in releasing singles that aren’t official singles (???) (prob) almost a year before the album, her decision in joining those church circles (girl, of all places to find yourself after claiming you used to be in a cult that one time), all of this when the era started so hopeful and felt like a positive turning point after the disappointment LFL was. It isn’t that hard to understand where the frustration is coming from. Watch those same people getting mad at people voicing their confusion and disappointment start ranting in a couple of months about the same shit too.

I agree but LFL wasn't a let down, not my fav from her, but a lot of those songs bopped

Hi guys...

I haven't been active on here in a bit... but I was just wondering what happened to Norman Fucking Rockwell?? Why hasn't she released it ? I feel like she's really going slow down this year for some reason... perhaps just a few performances here & there but thats it... just my thoughts.

Weird... not that it means anything at all and is honestly just my hopeless speculation but the song Movies by Weyes Blood has the line “Put me in a movie” which would be cool if Lana was posting about her record bc of that lyric. Imagine if she was hinting at PMIAM being redone ever so quietly that way (although chances are slim to none that this will ever happen)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

if the album leaked today i'd still feel bad because as an artist i don't like the thought of going through creating something and then someone else taking my thunder and giving it away when a) it could be my livelihood b) i am the one who worked on it and it is mine and c) i was planning on doing what i planned on doing with it... if i made something and planned a big release of info, let me have that. if i made something and wanted little to no release or hype around it for promo, let me have that. and if i wanted to make something for myself with no intention of sharing it, LET ME HAVE THAT byeee

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Would y'all seriously feel bad if her entire album leaks today? Genuine question.

I wouldn't feel bad because she'd lose money. I'd feel bad for her feelings. This album must be super close to her if she holds it back like that. But I have to admit, I wouldn't feel ashamed to take a listen.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

This pre-release is honestly way too much for me to take. We’ve had her inexistant way of putting things out for seven months - if not a year. Let alone the unprofessionalism and disrespect coming from her team. It’s been almost two months since the Feb 22 mess, ohh time flies and still NOTHING. We don’t even know if the info we got in September still can be trusted. Now this is too much. I wouldn’t feel even slightly bad if it leaked. With this era she really did what I didn’t think she could, or would. Actually the LFL era wasn’t that messy. It had a coherent organization, lots of interviews, a lot of.... implication from hers I would say. By the way don’t forget to boycott NFR when it’s out xx

I had such high hopes for this album back in September when she released MAC and VB - it was gonna be fresh, authentic, cohesive and beautiful. 

How seven months passed and devolved NFR into this mess will always spook me. 

Alright, so maybe we can make this a team effort? 

I was wiki'ing her album sales, and aside from UV, her numbers in physical sales, first day/week all have been pretty stable enough, peaking at UV at 182k. Then, they reverted back around to 100k-ish w HM, and same w LFL. 

She had a lot of promo slated for LFL, but the timeline was tampered w and had to be released. Coachella and so on, minor edits yada yada, we get the good Twilight Zone/Carpenters -esque sis on 7/21. Great. 

Timeline, got news nearly half a year ago, or more? About some end of summer jams, attributed to this new coming record, that was supposedly finished, as told by herself, on Dec 30th via livestream. No one confirmed on 3/29, 'cept articles.

(Snippet teases so on promises vague promises. )

Buku was the last performance we'd ever gotten, aside from the coalition perf. 
Good vibes encapsulated from that 12/30 livestream

HOPE is released quietly via insta link. What are the sale numbers? *someone insert answer here: ___________. Also: VB: ________. Nd MAC: ________ . 

Daytona tweets.
Day passes, insta betrayal via baddies w/o much to do. Lamentations. Here we r. 

I know that some1 here called interscope, be a brave one and claim ur bragging rights: ___________. Informing us that the record was being delayed due to minor changes, coming from her side of management. 

Last echo of an update we got is of an unknown track snippet via insta a few days ago. 

I really wanna get into their heads, interscope. Bc first off people lie, no doubt about that so. Who called them. and what was truly said? Why would they. 

Interscope motives:
- money. -> no. 1 -> album rollout -> tryna be smart w their release sched calendar view. 
2019 Calendar releases: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2019_albums

If Lana's keeping the record it could b:
- So personal. 
- She secretly wants that number 1 for her gay bb. 
- adding schtuff but doesn't want us to know squat, bc she has learned a lot from LFL and that messy YAIL leak, Lust For Lisa etc etc.
(If she is, why? What could she have possibly added to the record that had to b on there past 12/30?)

Things Lana has been up to:
- Bein a baddie, hangin w friends 
- Hillsong 

Let's get detecting heaux 2me1gns.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

Tbh that record won't peak number one, there's no way thats happening. She has singlehandedly killed any hype. boom it's gone.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Truth to be told, she better scrap the whole album. 

Mariners was good. Venice Bitch was great, but everything went downhill since then.

hope is a dangerous... may be one of her worst songs ever. It feels so dull and uninspired, idk what's happening to her but this ain't it.

Tbh that record won't peak number one, there's no way thats happening. She has singlehandedly killed any hype. boom it's gone.

Cinnamon can rescue her.

giphy.gif