Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

It’s a great song but in the politically correctness we are now living in, i’m Sure she’d get a lot of criticism and would be called insensitive :/

no, people don’t care about stuff like that, she’s not being offensive to any minority or oppressed category in this song. It’s not “he hit me and it felt like a kiss” level

Eclipse: Lana stans are so entitled

Also Eclipse: *gets Lana's album before anyone else and hoards it to himself*

If he'd hoard it for himself that would be ok, but the way he teases and boasts about that stuff is disgusting

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

no, people don’t care about stuff like that, she’s not being offensive to any minority or oppressed category in this song. It’s not “he hit me and it felt like a kiss” level

Her fan base wouldn’t mind. But outside of it? Not so sure. People are extra sensitive. I wouldn’t be surprised if they said it was promoting killing violence and is insensitive to victims (just to be clear: I don’t share that point of view)

I’m not sure she wants to revisit that part of her lyricism though. She kinda toned down the whole violence thing, even if it never was literal. This is where I see that she has « matured ».

Her fan base wouldn’t mind. But outside of it? Not so sure. People are extra sensitive. I wouldn’t be surprised if they said it was promoting killing violence and is insensitive to victims (just to be clear: I don’t share that point of view)

I’m not sure she wants to revisit that part of her lyricism though. She kinda toned down the whole violence thing, even if it never was literal. This is where I see that she has « matured ».

girl...what kind of news are you reading?

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I kinda doubt it would be a big issue. Like, not even the mess surrounding the headdress she was wearing in the Ride video had any impact on the success of Born To Die/Paradise, and I would argue that insensitivity regarding culture/cultural appropriation is considered more problematic by most people than a metaphor referencing violence (and as others have mentioned, she pretty much fetishised it with Ultraviolence anyway). 

The funny thing is that both Lana's video for Ride and No Doubt's video for Looking Hot premiered within three weeks back in 2012 and both were criticised for the same reason, but while No Doubt apologised and immediately took it down, Lana never even acknowledged the criticism, as far as I am aware. :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

He's a hypocritical asshole who's made Lana's life a living hell. He's just pissy because he has nothing to leak of Lana's new album. She was really careful this time. Good for her. 

He has the audacity to talk about this forum?

There's a special place in hell for people like Eclipse. 

giphy.gif

Eclipse is an attention whore, he is going to be charged with copyright infringement oneday. He is not invincible. His basicaly stealing stuff from a family member who has access to a studio. He could literally go to prison for this as crazy as that sounds or get huge fines.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Eclipse is an attention whore, he is going to be charged with copyright infringement oneday. He is not invincible. His basicaly stealing stuff from a family member who has access to a studio. He could literally go to prison for this as crazy as that sounds or get huge fines.

Lest we all forget when he dangled leaks in front of underage boys in order to get nudes.

Pop it, lock it,

polka dot it

Countrify then hip hop it

Put your hawk in the sky
Side to side
Jump to the left
Stick it, glide

sT7CSW.gif

UnfortunateAmbitiousJavalina-size_restri

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lest we all forget when he dangled leaks in front of underage boys in order to get nudes.

I know right....he should be arrested for multiple reasons. He should be banned from this forum for starters.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Eclipse's teasery may not leave us with the best taste in our mouths, but we can at least be appreciative of the info and snippets that we get. It's not a matter of getting a full song versus getting a snippet, but a matter of getting a snippet versus nothing at all. :oprah3:

It's not our prerogative to ask him to leak a full song and as a result put himself in the way of any possible legal consequences. If he wants to do so on his own accord, then fine. If not, too bad, move on.  :um: