Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i was in the car, in the car yesterday going back home and the sky looked like this and i was listening to venice bitch and... an experience.

also i was in a 1-hour bus ride listening to venice bitch and it was so fast through the freeway and wow. it was meant to be heard that way. i fell asleep at like the 4 min mark but i still could hear all the psychedelia.

Watch us reach 2000 pages without an official tracklist, release date, album cover. Hope is a dangerous thing for lanaboards to have

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

i was in the car, in the car yesterday going back home and the sky looked like this and i was listening to venice bitch and... an experience.

also i was in a 1-hour bus ride listening to venice bitch and it was so fast through the freeway and wow. it was meant to be heard that way. i fell asleep at like the 4 min mark but i still could hear all the psychedelia.

I had a similar experience few days ago, falling asleep on VB's psychedelia, praising Lana in my head while I was dreaming, then I woke up to no news, hating this era again. 

nF70D0F.png

Tbh that record won't peak number one, there's no way thats happening. She has singlehandedly killed any hype. boom it's gone.

Hype is gone for her fans because they're tired of waiting, but there are so many people who discover her even nowadays (well, that happened during the LFL era, so they're still new to her) and there are also people who aren't necessarily interested in her music but will buy it or stream it anyway because she is Lana Del Rey, a critically acclaimed artist (especially after how good LFL was received), and there's no war between fandoms like there is between Ari and Taylor, or Taylor and Katy before... Everybody agrees that she's great and deserves to be where she is. She's legendary and nobody questions this (mainly because they still have the BTD era in mind when they see the name Lana Del Rey). NFR is one of the most awaited album of the year, and I think she'll still get a number one.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Hype is gone for her fans because they're tired of waiting, but there are so many people who discover her even nowadays (well, that happened during the LFL era, so they're still new to her) and there are also people who aren't necessarily interested in her music but will buy it or stream it anyway because she is Lana Del Rey, a critically acclaimed artist (especially after how good LFL was received), and there's no war between fandoms like there is between Ari and Taylor, or Taylor and Katy before... Everybody agrees that she's great and deserves to be where she is. She's legendary and nobody questions this (mainly because they still have the BTD era in mind when they see the name Lana Del Rey). NFR is one of the most awaited album of the year, and I think she'll still get a number one.

It really depends on what is on the album. If NFR has anything like the 4chan "report" said it had, the album will draw attention to it and people will be curious if there is indeed a dis track or a legendary musician as a feature.

NFR really is expected by everyone at this point. She just needs to finally put out a release date. It looks as if nobody is making a decision and everyone is waiting for the other party to make a move.  :facepalm:

I'll be very happy is she gets a number one bc duh she's Lana but like i just don't want her to think that she can be as lazy as she wants (a.k.a give us lazy visuals, no information whatsoever etc..) and STILL charts, cuz knowing her she would definitely take her (desperate) fans (a.k.a us) for granted and that would mean that every upcoming era we'll have to get through this hell that's NFR again and i DON'T want that shit  :mj2:

I wanted to do this some times earlier and be like "bish with all the time I wasted waiting for your record you'll have to wait the same and I wont support it from day one" but I couldnt help myself lmao.

Regardless, I don't think it's been too long since LFL. Not even two years, not a huge gap. Lana released her last album later than idk Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Adele, Halsey, Adam Lambert, Ed Sheeran,.... The problem is the fact it started and then it's like it went nowhere.

Yeah idk I'm just being hateful tbh, she deserves a number one lolol

Im kinda annoyed at this era but at the end she's the artist not me and we don't know for sure what's going on with the whole thing

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

And to think that this era started so stunningly, with 2 incredible singles...

7 months ago :O the time has actually gone in quite quick but imagine back then thinking 7 months later we'd still not really know what was happening.