Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I hadn't really thought of it that way, thank you for ruining the next album for me lol

It's only going to keep getting worse, isn't it? Fuck :(

"Multitude of Matcha" will be the first single

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

What if she’s reinventing herself again to be a basic white girl that can dominate the pop charts

I feel filthy just typing it, but maybe she's sick of being sad and, yeah. What you said.

"Lycra Living" is the second single

BTD: glass room, perfume, cognac, lilac fumes

UV: blue hydrangea, cold cash divine, cashmere, cologne, and white sunshine

HM: like love or lemonade, or sun or summer days

LFL: keylime, and perfume and festivals. Cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme.

NFR: church basements, girl gangs and matcha lattes

Edit: I forgot pink dresses and high heels and white yahts

I really want another mostly guitar driven track again like Pretty When You Cry. I love that with her voice, it matches so well... if Jack can do something that sounds so natural like that, then I’ll be impressed fully by this record. Don’t get me wrong, I love VB, BUT it’s a little too synthy for me to compare it to PWYC. It’s not anything she’s ever done before and that’s for sure, but to compare the two, it’s not so much apples to oranges but it’s not apples to pears either. If that makes sense? I guess it’s kind like a more synth version of a faster Flipside kind of? (This is the first time I’ve thought about this and I’m stoned so bear with me if this doesn’t make sense)

I just want Lana to be that 70s rock goddess I know is somewhere in her soul

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Aka: Gas Station lit by the Strip Club's lights from across the street

BtD: Downtown Bar

Paradise: Daisy Fields

Ultraviolence: PCH at dark

Honeymoon: Italy sunrise, on a balcony

LfL: spread eagle in the back of a 2014 toyota fucking tacoma with post malone playing on speaker

norman rockwell: alternate reality snorting matcha lines and intentionally putting piercings into ur forehead bc it's an instagram trend

Edit: I forgot pink dresses and high heels and white yahts

"But I'm NOT, baby I'm NOT, no I'm NOT that"

No pink dresses, high heels and white yachts for her.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Anyways, I have a feeling we still have more loss of dignity to come in this thread before we get any news

tenor.gif?itemid=4793043

Some of us are contributing to this loss of dignity more so than others. I feel like I'm doing more than my fair share.

I just saw that "ALBUM COMING SOON" was trending on Twitter and Bieber told the audience that during Ariana's Coachella set. I wonder if he'll release three songs, have a false release date, and not tell anyone anything for 7 months? Oh, and is he an Instagram baddie?

This might warrant a fucking halt on thinking for some, but does anyone actually kinda like this period? Of waiting for the record? Idk but for me, I kinda like how we're sorta just anticipating that music's gonna come, not even bitter. Lana's trolling the fuck out of us w a present of a poetry book, that ofc we never asked for, but that can easily b flipped to our favor as the coming months pass by. 

We'll have, hopefully (lol) interviews from magazines, radio or w/e. Single rollouts, rapid announcements, and then. Boom, he'll b here, we'll blackout for a good week/ month or two about it, then silence, while we start anticipating what's next. Performances? Music videos? Who tf knows? 

I think it's kinda strange how we've sorta gotten this time to let our imaginations run wild, til we get the actual record. That's like some fucking mental gymnastics there, but it's still something we're allowed to authentically do. Life goes on, and we've got things to do, accomplish and thrive thru, and idk for me, these dead periods, leave me (ofc) wanting more, and it really guides me a bit more to do shit. Like, inspiration bc of a dead zone? It's pretty restful when u think about it. 

I mean obviously, it's gonna dip back to tension and violent impatience thru one medium to another, needing HiaB and wanting to know what the cover'll be like, what new information we'll get and what to wonder about it from, how she'll take my money thru w/e valuable product I deem myself buying, but like damn. It's gonna fucking suck when we've got all answers to the questions we've had. I mean it'll b a matter of perspective, but still. Anyone fast forwarding too? 

TO fucking prevent myself from overlooping overthink, we've got.

- a poetry book to read and view. 
- an album cover to love or despise. 
- a tracklist w the remaining songs we haven't even heard. 
- social media posts to usher in all that new info 
- Lana getting happy at what she's releasing thru however she chooses to express her emotional state during nfr's release

- MAC having that beautiful, majestic, redeeming quality to it as a song, w the lowkey groovy hints to it. 
- VB sounding like a beautiful washed out disney end credit song in vibes, distant but still apparent from how Bel Air's piano sounds. 
- Hope, though muchhh depleted, helps facilitate all the muck within urself through an expression of tears, anger, laughter dk exactly. 

and I'm strangely at peace w that? lol tchyeah Stream Venice Bitch.

UV/Honeymoon

This might warrant a fucking halt on thinking for some, but does anyone actually kinda like this period? Of waiting for the record? Idk but for me, I kinda like how we're sorta just anticipating that music's gonna come, not even bitter. Lana's trolling the fuck out of us w a present of a poetry book, that ofc we never asked for, but that can easily b flipped to our favor as the coming months pass by. 

We'll have, hopefully (lol) interviews from magazines, radio or w/e. Single rollouts, rapid announcements, and then. Boom, he'll b here, we'll blackout for a good week/ month or two about it, then silence, while we start anticipating what's next. Performances? Music videos? Who tf knows? 

I think it's kinda strange how we've sorta gotten this time to let our imaginations run wild, til we get the actual record. That's like some fucking mental gymnastics there, but it's still something we're allowed to authentically do. Life goes on, and we've got things to do, accomplish and thrive thru, and idk for me, these dead periods, leave me (ofc) wanting more, and it really guides me a bit more to do shit. Like, inspiration bc of a dead zone? It's pretty restful when u think about it. 

I mean obviously, it's gonna dip back to tension and violent impatience thru one medium to another, needing HiaB and wanting to know what the cover'll be like, what new information we'll get and what to wonder about it from, how she'll take my money thru w/e valuable product I deem myself buying, but like damn. It's gonna fucking suck when we've got all answers to the questions we've had. I mean it'll b a matter of perspective, but still. Anyone fast forwarding too? 

TO fucking prevent myself from overlooping overthink, we've got.

- a poetry book to read and view. 

- an album cover to love or despise. 

- a tracklist w the remaining songs we haven't even heard. 

- social media posts to usher in all that new info 

- Lana getting happy at what she's releasing thru however she chooses to express her emotional state during nfr's release

- MAC having that beautiful, majestic, redeeming quality to it as a song, w the lowkey groovy hints to it. 

- VB sounding like a beautiful washed out disney end credit song in vibes, distant but still apparent from how Bel Air's piano sounds. 

- Hope, though muchhh depleted, helps facilitate all the muck within urself through an expression of tears, anger, laughter dk exactly. 

and I'm strangely at peace w that? lol tchyeah Stream Venice Bitch.

I don't mind waiting at all, but I do think that the way that it's all been handled is rubbish.

I don't even need a date, but some sort of acknowledgement about the album would be welcomed. The fact that she said it'd be released at the top of the year + the Google March 29 means that many of us had expectations that it would be released then. Neither she, nor anyone associated with her, dismissed the March 29 date ... all that had to be said, really, was "it's not March 29. We don't know when it'll be yet." Is that so difficult? Because I don't think it is.

She built it up by releasing MAC, VB and Hope, and she said it'd be out at the top of the year. That's all she's said. Tweeting that you don't know when it'll be released on an old Twitter account that most people don't even know exists does not count.

It's been purposely orchestrated to keep everyone guessing, and I find that unprofessional, personally. It's OK to say you don't know when it'll be out - but fucking say it. Other artists post shit like, "my song/album will be out on [date]" all the time. I can't think of a single other artist that I like who would handle an upcoming album release in this manner.

Maybe she thinks it's endearing. It's clear that everyone else thinks otherwise. So as I said, it's more how it's been handled, rather than the lack of a date or having to wait.

ETA: and frankly, if her managers haven't privately roasted her for the way she is handling this, then they are bad managers.

What if she’s reinventing herself again to be a basic white girl that can dominate the pop charts

Yes! What if we get a pop era of Paris, Puppy Love & Queen of Disaster 2.0s with some Be My Daddy and Go Go Dancer thrown in for good measure.

Then she would’ve come full circle, IIRC So Legit was her pissed that big ballad Gaga stole her pop scene right?

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

I don't mind waiting at all, but I do think that the way that it's all been handled is rubbish.

I don't even need a date, but some sort of acknowledgement about the album would be welcomed. The fact that she said it'd be released at the top of the year + the Google March 29 means that many of us had expectations that it would be released then. Neither she, nor anyone associated with her, dismissed the March 29 date ... all that had to be said, really, was "it's not March 29. We don't know when it'll be yet." Is that so difficult? Because I don't think it is.

She built it up by releasing MAC, VB and Hope, and she said it'd be out at the top of the year. That's all she's said. Tweeting that you don't know when it'll be released on an old Twitter account that most people don't even know exists does not count.

It's been purposely orchestrated to keep everyone guessing, and I find that unprofessional, personally. It's OK to say you don't know when it'll be out - but fucking say it. Other artists post shit like, "my song/album will be out on [date]" all the time. I can't think of a single other artist that I like who would handle an upcoming album release in this manner.

Maybe she thinks it's endearing. It's clear that everyone else thinks otherwise. So as I said, it's more how it's been handled, rather than the lack of a date or having to wait.

ETA: and frankly, if her managers haven't privately roasted her for the way she is handling this, then they are bad managers.

W/o a doubt im sure many if not all feel this way about how everything's been handled. I, personally think that it is quite endearing, only bc of the fact that we are part of a select population on here, who's collective need for the record is perpetuated n amplified. Sure, she's definitely well-known, but I'm pretty sure not everyone's as deep in as we are in a sense, so those cues, although incredibly distastefully handled, meant either one of two things. To breed a laugh or two, or fucking scorn. And it all really depends on how the person takes it. It's a twisted kind of communication if it even is, but the conversation's started, no matter how distant yeah. Bc reality is, we do know a lot more than the average fan so I guess, in our shared sense of responsibility, of holding that, we're tasked w less bliss and more of the concrete unknown shit. I'm not even gonna dissect the whys and how things came to b w how messy everything's been discoordinated but, it'll b that much more of a relief and fun even when we figure things out of why and how when the record's out. So so so SO late, but we'll get some kind of notification when we do, no matter how fait, it'll b come.

And, I idk whenever i think of Ben, i just picture his face in perpetual awe after meeting w Lana in that one thread, where Lana's ill tsgged, and both of em wearing sweats lol

Yes! What if we get a pop era of Paris, Puppy Love & Queen of Disaster 2.0s with some Be My Daddy and Go Go Dancer thrown in for good measure.

Then she would’ve come full circle, IIRC So Legit was her pissed that big ballad Gaga stole her pop scene right?

I actually dk of the story as clearer as some others on here, but I'm actually pretty grateful Lana didnt go that route. We know she takes her inspiration from the greats, and we've already seen Britney take that lane, and personally, whenever I think of chanteuse, i'm reminded of how Lana immediately comes to mind. I do, however, see her being some kind of soft rock star later on in her career if she even chooses to continue, like in her forties or something but who really knows

UV/Honeymoon

Was thinking of how maybe if Lana were to focus on making the vinyls real unique, and more visual akin to the painting/art theme, that she could pull off a hologram of some kind of image off the vinyl kinda like how Jack White did w his record.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iKxP4wxRkMY

Picture disks for the UV box set were beautiful to spin, but. We'd get something crafty and well-playing at the same time

UV/Honeymoon

since nfr was announced i have developed a cocaine addiction

i blame chuck

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e