Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The endless delay might be because of the poetry book, which she apparently miscalculated the production time for (and in spades), but the delay really suggests that there's another reason for it. It may also be that when she announced the poetry book in September of 2018, she had no publishing plan, and was hoping established commercial publishers would coming knocking, hoping to get the publishing rights, and either none did, or none wanted it after reviewing it. Such 'baiting' ploys are common in all media industries. 

Artists don't typically release an entire cohesive album in singles and pairs over a period of a year, and corporate record companies don't support that, because it makes promotion almost impossible, which means they have no opportunity to recoup their investment, among other problems. It may be that whatever the cause for the delay is both complicated and embarrassing, and no resolution has yet been found. 

LDR may be frustrated and angry about all of this, and so has become relatively apathetic about the future of NFR. She certainly sounds as if she has.

She has had a lot of what seems like bad luck since the release of BTD, with the SNL gig (and SNL mocking her a week later), the public Lorde feud, losing the James Bond song to Sam Smith (who then had a huge hit with it and appeared on SNL with Lorde, of all people), Lou Reed dying the day he was to record with her for UV, her troubled relationship with Barrie and the fallout from it, her houses being broken into by obsessive fans and being stalked and threatened by them, the significant drop in her sales with UV and Honeymoon compared to BTD/P, the Left (which she sees herself a member of) turning against her in various ways on multiple public fronts, Eminem slagging her, whatever the G-Eazy situation was, and so on. 

Some of these things are just par for the course for any celebrity in this era, and some are just life, period. But I think it's enough to frustrate and exhaust anyone. No wonder she doesn't have the time or inclination to be an international style influencer anymore. 

Confirmed: Geminis are the worst sign in the zodiac.

I’m a Gemini and i don’t get her behaviour lol. Geminis are know for having a duality inside of them, being torn apart by two opposite sides, two opposite forces. I hear it often in her music and I Love it. But the way this era is handled is more a case of « I’m doing whatever whenever ». I think she’s more of a Gemini with attention deficit disorder at this point lol.

"Oh my god, my resolution is going so well. So much better than I thought. I was like partially kidding, but not really. Yeah, it’s actually going excellently. I’ve been working out every morning at 10am. That was one of my lame little resolutions. Seeing my girlfriends a lot more, cooking in an Instant Pot. Everything’s great, it’s going swimmingly."

"I’m hoping that [the poetry book comes out] in the next six months or so."

:whoopi: :oprah2:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

ok since we clearly arent getting the album for the at least 4 months lets all take our time instead of ranting on this thread, harassing lionsgate daily for never releasing LIB! 

Say Yes to Heaven spoke with someone at Liongate. He has all the details about LIB. From what he posted on Insta, a couple of weeks ago, Lana submitted a snippet of Life is Beautiful, for the Adaline trailer. Liongate has that snippet locked somewhere and doesn't have all the rights to the song (from what I understand, Lana and her team have the «other half» of the rights). 

i just want to say that if you are in possession of leaked stuff that could potentially keep us going through this << release >> but YET refuse to share, you're a nasty little selfish bitch.

All I want is Mertens AKA

giphy.gif

Say Yes to Heaven spoke with someone at Liongate. He has all the details about LIB. From what he posted on Insta, a couple of weeks ago, Lana submitted a snippet of Life is Beautiful, for the Adaline trailer. Liongate has that snippet locked somewhere and doesn't have all the rights to the song (from what I understand, Lana and her team have the «other half» of the rights). 

oh wow!! thats actually great to know! i assumed lionsgate had 100% meaning we were fucked... there is at least the slightest chance she could ever release... or it just gets leaked. could you link me the post ?

i just want to say that if you are in possession of leaked stuff that could potentially keep us going through this << release >> but YET refuse to share, you're a nasty little selfish bitch.

insta user cult_singer we are talking to you

I think with this record I have the least like, plan, I’ve ever had. I definitely don’t feel like there’s a plan. Or that there needs to be, which is kind of fun.

oh wow!! thats actually great to know! i assumed lionsgate had 100% meaning we were fucked... there is at least the slightest chance she could ever release... or it just gets leaked. could you link me the post ?

insta user cult_singer we are talking to you

can't find the post on his Insta, but maybe we can ask him to spill the tea here? @@Say Yes to Heaven 

Was thinking of how maybe if Lana were to focus on making the vinyls real unique, and more visual akin to the painting/art theme, that she could pull off a hologram of some kind of image off the vinyl kinda like how Jack White did w his record.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iKxP4wxRkMY

Picture disks for the UV box set were beautiful to spin, but. We'd get something crafty and well-playing at the same time

omg yes, lana needs to step up her game.

we need this era to be reborn

tumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo4_250.pngtumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo1_250.png

@@GeminiLanaFan it won’t let me quote but] There was only some of the song given for them to work into the trailer, I think they may have also cut it up to be shorter than the given snippet. It sat in limbo since 2012 when the movie it was originally intended for got scrapped. (When it was called Life is [still] Beautiful)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

[ it won’t let me quote but] There was only some of the song given for them to work into the trailer, I think they may have also cut it up to be shorter than the given snippet. It sat in limbo since 2012 when the movie it was originally intended for got scrapped. (When it was called Life is [still] Beautiful)

Thanks, sweetie!

I've always wondered if she submitted the demo of LIB back in 2012, because as far as I know TAOA was in development hell for a long time

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
stay on topic please

8nl2OpX.png

I've always wondered if she submitted the demo of LIB back in 2012, because as far as I know TAOA was in development hell for a long time.

No, the original movie was about a man and his best friend reuniting, which is what LIB is about.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

No, the original movie was about a man and his best friend reuniting, which is what LIB is about.

Wait, so they had a totally different idea for the movie? I'm so confused i tought it was based in a book hehe :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

LIB was written for brokeback mountain.

Edited by admin
please stay on topic - NFR related content in this thread

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

LIB is Lana’s only song about f*gs and yet she buried it so far in the vault we’ll never hear it

Edited by admin
please stay on topic