Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I did this thing which I regret where I accidentally opened the thread at its starting pages and thought something might've actually happened and a floodgate of comments came pouring but it wasn't 5x6hip.jpg and now we flash forward here.

1649 pages 2ih435y.jpg N counting jki054.jpg

w nothing to show for but guessing about name legalities, if she'll attend the gala to relieve ourselves of the main chunk of misinformation which is smthn as simple as a release date 10wlidi.jpg bc she's not having anything planned acting as if july 21st fam or fuck, 3/29 never even happened 2ludybp.jpg Touring all the missions and churches on the west coast 2uy5ekj.jpg while she's still debating on the nonexistent release date of her poetry book 21npp4y.jpg that literally no one asked for 2rn7hiq.jpg bc who knows when that's coming out 3142weq.jpg The snippets will always just be snippets that's been the truth since the true top of the year28vfw95.jpg. MAC lost all momentum 20uzrci.jpg VB has kids and a yard n2n70m.jpg hope froze over just like her green smoothies, Cinnamon never got her hoe license o6e1jq.jpg how to disappear never made it past the ytvidonly.mp3 frontier de.gif  all the butterflies died earlier this month like the ones in the interlude videos we got nwn28k.jpg Makes the LFL release seem sane tenor.gif 344ozzp.jpg

.tenor.gif

periodT

y'all trashing marina but at least she has the decency to actually release an album and put effort into her tour

lana cant relate

Don't forget she's also releasing good and professional music videos. Lana truly can't relate :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

This most popular version of Cinnamon is no longer available on youtube. I’m disgusted (or maybe blind)...

It's on my Soundcloud 

giphy.gif

I don’t know your age or interests, but Norman Rockwell is EXTREMELY famous and well known, as famous and well known as Andy Warhol, just not as critically acclaimed. So that you should hear Rockwell’s name mentioned or bandied about on television or elsewhere in the media is not at all surprising.

Tbh he's not that well known in the UK. Never heard of him until Lana mentioned his name

Lana Del Troll, honestly.

t0n2ma.jpg

omg I want one on a keychain

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Can I be honest? I think that's a possibility. Lana's writing has been suffering recently (in my opinion ofc, none of the singles wow'ed me when it comes to lyrics) and I think if she spends more time with her new friends her writing will suffer even more. The thing about Lana is that she has been through some pretty dark, weird and shitty situations and when she wrote about these things and relationships her storytelling abilities shined the most. She has been living a calm and happy life for some time, and that showed in some songs from LFL. Give her a couple more years with this new posse and the only thing she will have to write about will be the California sun, matcha tea, ugg boots and how sad she is because she was in the hot tub for too long and got cold when she got out. 

hKEM4hN.gif

I don't think her songwriting has been suffering, but I agree with everything else you wrote. The next album is likely going to be quite...unfortunate. I expect mediocrity at best.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I don't think her songwriting has been suffering, but I agree with everything else you wrote. The next album is likely going to be quite...unfortunate. I expect mediocrity at best.

what i will accept is a wild bangerz/witness era and serve bops to us.

all i want from this album is IYC. i will terminate my account if its scrapped. 

y'all trashing marina but at least she has the decency to actually release an album and put effort into her tour

Well some people may think that bad music is better than no music, but I politely disagree. I also don't quite understand why you, as a fan, would bring up her tragic tour? 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

what i will accept is a wild bangerz/witness era and serve bops to us.

all i want from this album is IYC. i will terminate my account if its scrapped. 

i don't know what that is, but i will accept retirement at this point

just give us nfr and move on bess, we know its over

i don't know what that is, but i will accept retirement at this point

its mileys and katys eras where they were considered "crazy" by the gp 

mainly miley... katy was just diff but yk...

sub-buzz-3931-1507804953-1.png?crop=399%

its mileys and katys eras where they were considered "crazy" by the gp 

mainly miley... katy was just diff but yk... sub-buzz-3931-1507804953-1.png?crop=399%

I think she'd be ridiculed and humiliated by the press if she did anything close to that. I'm not a fan of whoever she is right now, but I don't want that to happen to her.

Well some people may think that bad music is better than no music, but I politely disagree. I also don't quite understand why you, as a fan, would bring up her tragic tour? 

her tragic tour? i went yesterday and enjoyed every second of it. atleast her dancers actually add something to the show, unlike lanas who just stand there taking the spotlight away from lana looking weird

everyone in the venue was enjoying themselves, on their feet and singing. i literally have no clue what you mean by tragic tour because compared to lana at the moment, its miles better

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

When the Interscope site lists Lana Del Rey: 'Norman Fucking Rockwell,' and a release date, we'll know for certain that nothing has changed with the album and title, or when there is an official press release.

Neither Eclipse speaking to the estate or what Abagail Rockwell wrote in a tweet is hard evidence. We all know anyone can say almost anything on Twitter. 

If Eclipse was a legitimate journalist working on specific assignment for the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal or Rolling Stone, etc., and if he contacted the Rockwell trustees and was given a formal interview, and could prove that and produce even a short article for his employer, that would be hard evidence and news. Short of that, such a claim has to remain in the realm of hearsay, gossip, wishful thinking. 

In most cases, such organizations do not speak to the press, and certainly not off the cuff to curious strangers about legal issues. He would be given a 'no comment' at best, by phone or in person. 

This is not a matter of emotion, feeling or what we want to believe, not for me, not for anyone. We're trying to figure out what's causing the delay with the best information, the best hard, authentic information we have. 

As I have acknowledged, there could be numerous other reasons why the record has been delayed, especially because LDR decided to change her last album, LFL, at the 19th hour two years ago and add and subtract songs. 

About her songwriting, I agree that it's suffered at least a little. I don't we'll ever get anything as pure or personal as 'Yayo' again, though there were some weak songs on BTD, certainly.

About the time of 'Paradise,' she wouldn't have used phrasing, I don't think, like "People are powerful be-ins" the way she did on 'Change,' which mars the song for me, or the way she sang, on 'Coachella,' "..and what about all their parents" in the inexplicable hard manner she did, which jumps out at me every time I listen to it, which isn't often. 

I wonder where the un-PC LDR has gone, the writer of 'Gods & Monsters,' the more visionary LDR. I like MAC very much, but it does seem 'safe,' 'warm and fuzzy' to me, and at least a slight example of 'virtue signaling.' When we find out how it fits in with the rest of the album, it will probably seem more that way, or less that way. 

I wonder where the un-PC LDR has gone, the writer of 'Gods & Monsters,' the more visionary LDR. 

The lyrics for Hope are pretty damn visionary if you ask me, and some of the most complicated and heartbreaking she's ever written.

The lyrics for Hope are pretty damn visionary if you ask me, and some of the most complicated and heartbreaking she's ever written.

I agree, it's one of her most personal and daring songs and places her in Joni Mitchell/Tori Amos territory, but for me, personally, it's not what I look for when I look to LDR.

It's not the rawness and vulnerability that is a slight turn off to me, it's just that musically, I don't find any sort of catharsis in the music or by the end. Objectively, I admire it and can see everything valuable and progressive in it in terms of her songwriting, but subjectively, I don't care for it a great deal.  

I love MAC but I definitely don't want another 5 or 6 tracks similar to it. I mean heya I love the confidence and emotional responsiveness and accountability of it, but it'd get pretty tiring to have to listen it over and over and over again. Hope is real sincere, deep and heartfelt, which is great, but another track that I can't put on repeat. Another reason why I think VB is a great contrast to the 2. 

Question though, would anyone still be here if the rest of the record was about church basement romances, and taking hands whispering to Jesus a la Kathryn Hudson reverse warholian? ir2fxk.jpg

UV/Honeymoon