Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Maybe I'm too much «all or nothing» with her, but the only news I care about are music news and poetry (to a very second distant degree). To see her in a new dress will be a big meh for me that will fade two seconds after I've said she looked cute (if it's the case). Her «insta baddie» posts do the same thing to me. 

Usually, when she is completely silent, it's when things pick right after. So maybe this is why I prefer the silent treatment to posts irrelevant to music. 

And let's face it, we all want her to do something, but something regarding music. And I don't see it if she attends the MET gala. 

an interviewer could ask her where the album is, that's one of the main reasons why I want her to go :defeated:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

an interviewer could ask her where the album is, that's one of the main reasons why I want her to go :defeated:

And that's also one of the main reasons she doesn't want to go

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

True, someone could ask her. But has she ever said anything about her previous records there? Like last year, did she say something was coming? Since it’s mostly fashion oriented, weren’t last year questions about that? (I don’t remember though) Unless the interviewer is really into her, in my mind, the chances to be asked about the album are really slim (is she does attend)

Sorry to sound so jaded and to be a downer, but i’m Through clinging to small chances of a possible attendance that could maybe bring a slight tiny bit of info. Her magazines interviews are more « reliable » though not giving much this time around (I blame the Yosemite-gate of the LFL era)

I lost all hope shes clearly not going, if jared's name is on the list we have and lana isnt its because shes not going. Well lets have another month of no news, breakdowns and mom leggings with cha cha matcha. Maybe even hillsong sightings if were lucky !

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

I think we all expect Lana Del Rey esque things from someone who's not Lana Del Rey and never was. I think Elizabeth is way too interested in something else rn. The heavenly bodies theme from last year really got into her it seems.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

It's so weird to me when fans refer to her as Elizabeth, like, you don't know her like that lmao, she goes by Lana. They're not 2 different people who want 2 different things, stop with the fanfiction. "Lana Del Rey" isn't a character, it's just the name she goes by.

qfrWuBl.png

she was Lana Del Rey. she was this gorgeous talented and shy girl from Placid who literally became a legend in only one piece. she served 5 heavenly albums (if you count a.k.a, smooch on you girl) and then.... gone. she lost the thing that we all loved so much about her and that actually.... made her being her. i think we all miss who she was. let's not forget the passionate, sexy and hard working girl she used to be. Lana is dead. Elizabeth is replacing her and no one is loving it, except her ass kissers. god i would sell my soul to bring her back.. 

do you think that we'll ever get someone who'll make Lana and her legacy live into their music forever? someone with a similar style ? someone identical yet different? will we ever get a new little Del Rey 2.0? like a breath of fresh air?  :( bye i'm crying this will never happen  :facepalm:

I feel this so much. Like who she is now just doesn't seem genuine to me because even in her Lizzy days she was still glamorous in whatever way she could be. The homemade videos are the perfect example. Long nails, glitzy makeup - everything. Like I get she's grown up more now, but that doesn't mean glamour should die. Take Elizabeth Taylor for example.

Lana used to be one of a kind but these days she's no different from Halsey or any other LA artist tbh. It's SO sad to me because what she does these days doesn't impress me at all. Her lyrics and music since LFL hasn't been her best, and I hope for her sake it's just a temporary thing. Or maybe LA turned her creativity to mush.

RIP Lana. :crying4:

she was Lana Del Rey. she was this gorgeous talented and shy girl from Placid who literally became a legend in only one piece. she served 5 heavenly albums (if you count a.k.a, smooch on you girl) and then.... gone. she lost the thing that we all loved so much about her and that actually.... made her being her. i think we all miss who she was. let's not forget the passionate, sexy and hard working girl she used to be. Lana is dead. Elizabeth is replacing her and no one is loving it, except her ass kissers. god i would sell my soul to bring her back.. 

do you think that we'll ever get someone who'll make Lana and her legacy live into their music forever? someone with a similar style ? someone identical yet different? will we ever get a new little Del Rey 2.0? like a breath of fresh air?  :( bye i'm crying this will never happen  :facepalm:

This site is practically in memoriam now. It definitely feels like a kind of death. I can tell her Saturn return hit her hard. It hurts, but it's alright. It has to be. I'm also hoping we'll get a new Lana Del Rey at some point. Might be sooner rather than later considering how much the entertainment industry has been milking the remake/nostalgia trend. It's funny, I was looking at a pic Elle posted on instagram the other day and I literally gasped because of how stunning she looked. I was like, Elizabeth WHOMST :eartha:

But it's not about the hair or the makeup, it's not really about that full glam look. Just follow a bunch of pin up models on ig and you can see that every day. I loved grungy casual UV Lana tbh. It's about the vibe, the mood. It's gone, it's all over now. And I miss it so much.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Let's not act as if Florence was Alessandro's first choice. Jared AND LANA are the current popstars carrying the Gucci name, so if Jared was invited of course Lana was too and declined. I'm not sure what she's going through right now (or was since I'm pretty sure he had to invite her months ago because sending her name to Anna, planning an outfit etc takes time) but imagine saying no to Alessandro when he will be co-hosting to the event :deadbanana: I hope she had other reasons other than "I'm a lazy instagram baddie I can't do that sweetie this is the new me" because the level of DISRESPECT towards one of the biggest names in fashion right now would be far too much  :crossed: she can choke tbh. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Elizabeth you suck, I know you're selling twenty million
Wish they could have seen you when we booed you off after SNL
You're hurt, I know my words don't hurt, yeah

i find her attitude rlly detestable and disrespectful these past few month. i mean yeah literally IGNORING us about the album, i can go past it. but that? this is too much. is being a bratty clown part of her new baddie personna? smh.

original-19063-1460043933-3.png

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif