Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This is all Ben and Ed’s fault, sorry.

Learn how to manage multiple acts at once

Exactly. Even if they say something like "But she likes things on her own way", why do they still work with her?

she's not going, and even if she did, no one is going to be asking about this album. She has meticulously killed any and all hype this record once had. I doubt NFR is even a known thing outside of the stans. Her poetry book being sold for $1 and the Gucci campaign generated more news and articles than anything she's done with this album. 

eat the rich

Yall are telling me james charles is going but not lana ???not  the face of a brand which is clearly being represented by alessandro at the met ?? but whomp whomp whomp is , the clownery is at its worst

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

Yall are telling me james charles is going but not lana ???not  the face of a brand which is clearly being represented by alessandro at the met ?? but whomp whomp whomp is , the clownery is at its worst

I mean, it's probably not that she wasn't invited. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be. She's represented by Gucci and sponsored by Alessandro. And she served art and fashion last year... She just declined it.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

she was Lana Del Rey. she was this gorgeous talented and shy girl from Placid who literally became a legend in only one piece. she served 5 heavenly albums (if you count a.k.a, smooch on you girl) and then.... gone. she lost the thing that we all loved so much about her and that actually.... made her being her. i think we all miss who she was. let's not forget the passionate, sexy and hard working girl she used to be. Lana is dead. Elizabeth is replacing her and no one is loving it, except her ass kissers. god i would sell my soul to bring her back.. 

do you think that we'll ever get someone who'll make Lana and her legacy live into their music forever? someone with a similar style ? someone identical yet different? will we ever get a new little Del Rey 2.0? like a breath of fresh air?  :( bye i'm crying this will never happen  :facepalm:

I don't know if Lana is dead, and I don't know where Lizzy begins and where Lana does, honestly. 

This era sure is handled weirdly to say the least. However, her legacy will endure through her work and her music is, to me, still incredible. Visuals are another problem of the NFR era, but the music is still incredibly fresh and beautiful, and sexy, and intimate. I still believe that album is going to be an interesting chapter in the «book» that represent her albums, one of a woman who is growing. But we might have caught up with her storytelling timeline, and I wouldn't be surprised if the releases from her, in the future, took longer. 

We don't know what is «going on» with her, and why the album release is taking that long. And I have come to the point where I'm not even looking to find out, or speculate on the matter. We don't know her, except through her work. Things might have changed, it's true, but I will always be grateful for what that woman has done, what she brought to my life. I just have to remember that she is not my whole life, though her music is often the soundtrack to it. 

The theme is camp she doesn't even have to wear a 30lb headpiece or fucking daggers coming out of a breastplate this time literally all she needed to do was this 

D5lLW7pWkAYxC3l.jpg

and it would have been iconic ugh this bitch 

I really didnt think it was this bad... what could possibly be going on with her that has her like going into hiding?

Well ... since you asked, allow me to present 

Conspiracy Theory #5296

She's trying really hard to get preggo to the actor guy, so she didn't want to commit to anything (eg: the Met Gala, album promo) etc because of that. 

:oic:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The animosity toward her posse is a kind of mass jealousy. I mean it's understandable and all, but we really don't know how much time she spends with them. For what it's worth, I see her posse as a kind of camouflage in social settings (a bevy of beauties makes LDR less noticeable), with their photo-recording each other in public like hanging a do-not-disturb sign on their social presences. Of course, Lana Del Rey (Miss Multitudes) would have to deflect this interpretation somewhat by posting her socio-biological motivations on Instagram, but from what you have said, the strategy may work.

Eh I can only speak for myself, but I don't feel jealous. Frustrated, yes, especially because of the Hillsong aspect, but not jealous. 

And social camouflage is a good point, but I don't buy it. Not like her old friends were unfortunate-looking, and if anything, these friends make her more visible by plastering everything on social media.

As I've said, she can befriend who she likes but what I said stands. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Are you fucking serious? James fucking Charles is attending the MET Gala? James Charles? The same racist mysoginistic white twink with zero personality who makes a living after leeching off drag queens? Is this what Vogue has become? I-

tumblr_ouxno5yn8e1u6n38po1_250.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

K.......

Well anyway, how long before the album did Summer Bummer and Groupie Love come out? Bc we already have three singles (similar to how Love, Lust for Life, and Coachella were released). I think when the next single or two come out we should be expecting the album not long after...

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I feel this so much. Like who she is now just doesn't seem genuine to me because even in her Lizzy days she was still glamorous in whatever way she could be. The homemade videos are the perfect example. Long nails, glitzy makeup - everything. Like I get she's grown up more now, but that doesn't mean glamour should die. Take Elizabeth Taylor for example.

Lana used to be one of a kind but these days she's no different from Halsey or any other LA artist tbh. It's SO sad to me because what she does these days doesn't impress me at all. Her lyrics and music since LFL hasn't been her best, and I hope for her sake it's just a temporary thing. Or maybe LA turned her creativity to mush.

RIP Lana. :crying4:

I agree with you so much, Lizzy was adorably kitsch and glamorous in her own way. Her homemade videos were cute af, on a non-existent budget. The best Elazybeth can muster is that HIAB mess, apparently. Truly can't wait to see yet another NFR song played over that video :derpna:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

K.......

Well anyway, how long before the album did Summer Bummer and Groupie Love come out? Bc we already have three singles (similar to how Love, Lust for Life, and Coachella were released). I think when the next single or two come out we should be expecting the album not long after...

LFL album came out on July 21; Groupie Love and Summer Bummer were the singles coming with the pre-order on July 12. 

K.......

that was when she gave a shit, tho. I don't think it's comparable. I would say if we start seeing her on magazine covers and the focus is squarely on the new album, maybe we can start expecting something in the next couple of months after those come out. Until then, it's instagram baddie photo ops and poems.

Ok I’m gonna need people to cool it on saying she’s as basic as Halsey. Just cuz she’s pissing us off for whatever reason does not mean we can just throw around such serious insults. My word.

I genuinely believe this album would've been iconic had it came after Honeymoon but had a similar roll out to LFL (minus the delay).