Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

It’s probably being extensively reworked rather than scrapped completely, though there are precedents for announced albums being scrapped completely.

That's what I think is likely to happen if it hasn't already. I mean it's not even about her being flighty, I think anyone would be at the very least tempted to make some changes on stuff they've been sitting on for a year (or longer, she's always put reworked versions of older songs on albums except HM). People change, their tastes change... She's not the same person she was when she started making this album, she's at a very different place than she was last year. And I don't blame her for that, but she's handled this all wrong. 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

yeah but tbh i think when the album comes out it's gonna have more, there's no way she's not in the studio recording last moment tracks

Yeah I'm def thinking this too, no way she's just sitting at home doing nothing

Have you...not seen any pics of her from this year? The only look she seems to be going for is depressed stoner college girl failing half her classes

Anyway, she's no stranger to plastic surgery. Those who have criticized her for it will continue to do so, anyone who has a problem with plastic surgery in general will have shit to say. But I think most LDR fans don't have an issue with it, and society as a whole has become a lot more understanding. She'll only get negative comments if she ruins her face, like she's been trying to do with those cheek fillers.

I have no problem with plastic surgery per se for anyone, female or male. But I don’t understand why she would want her face to be fuller since she already tends towards being apple-cheeked. The gaunt look of the Paradise and UV album covers is what brings out her beauty and cheekbones the most.

This album WILL have 20+ tracks. I speak this into existence !

I SPEAK THIS INTO EXISTEEEEEEEEEEENCE

I really hope not, that's over a dozen tracks she'll never perform or acknowledge - we have enough of those lol.

I normally prefer short albums way more over long albums, like, a 10 track album's perfect, but since we already got snippets for most of the songs, n already have 3 of them in full length, 4 if you count HTD, I wouldn't mind NFR being a long album at all. 20 would be pushing it but I wouldn't mind a 16 track album.

qfrWuBl.png

I really hope not, that's over a dozen tracks she'll never perform or acknowledge - we have enough of those lol.

Girl.... half or more of her setlist is the same big hits we’ve all heard a million times anyway

She pays most of her discography dust already. Give us the 20 track album mama

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

All of y'all gushing about an album with more than 20 songs would be the same ones to complain about lack of cohesion and filler tracks lmao  :teehee:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

20 tracks?? u all wants a lfl chapter 2? No cohesion and a mix of tracks without any link? TRAGIC

I'll take anything at this point

All of y'all gushing about an album with more than 20 songs would be the same ones to complain about lack of cohesion and filler tracks lmao  :teehee:

this lmao, i promise at least 8 out of 20 would be filler, if not more

20 tracks?? u all wants a lfl chapter 2? No cohesion and a mix of tracks without any link? TRAGIC

you're absolutely right that's what I want, I love L4L

negAbhB.png

Fair point but this doesn’t acknowledge that we have Papa Antonoff on production and so far everything we’ve heard has been stunning,,, so

If it was Rick doing this album with this long of a wait after LFL I would literally be dead rn

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Girl.... half or more of her setlist is the same big hits we’ve all heard a million times anyway

She pays most of her discography dust already. Give us the 20 track album mama

Nah cause it'd be even messier than LFL... I'd rather have a solid cohesive 12-13 track album

I still see cohesiveness in LFL or, at least, a story being told. However, even if the more Lana in my life the merrier, I prefer the 13 « promised » tracks of NFR. 16 tracks made it difficult to listen to LFL from cover to cover: you had to have a LOT of time on your hands (or a very long assignment) to do so lol.

Why are you dreading an album that’s not even in production yet? LDR7 will be another completely different roller coaster. She’s not stopping her music career, she just wants to venture out of her comfort zone. Which means we’ll het more personal poetry or maybe even more personal music she’s not released, maybe some unreleased stuff eventually. She’s not going anywhere

...anywhere but Cha Cha goddamn Matcha. She's a shadow of her former self. Compare her to the average miserable 33 year old exhausted soccer mom who once tried to make it as a singer in her 20s, and sure, she's the coolest of them all I suppose. But if you compare who she is now to who she was just two years ago...it's sad to think. Whether this is what she's become, or who she always was deep inside, I don't know -all I know is I don't like it. Her personal poetry is trash. Just my opinion, not everyone likes the same things, and if you love it I'm glad at least one of us has something to enjoy. As for the unreleased music -"personal" or not- that she might release in the future, that's as likely to happen as the Cherry video. I don't expect to get any unreleased songs from anyone but leakers.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.