Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

https://youtu.be/nIwrydlm7RM OMG 13 BEACHES DEMO

Something Real sounds divine :defeated:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I should not be so quick to judge, as I do not know her friends, 

but I can't help but feel annoyed by them (especially since lana hasn't always been the best judge of character, example cozying up to Harvey Weinstein...) 

I just get a feeling that these girls would make fun of (behind the scenes) of lana and the harsh realities lana sings about...

Jen stith did a video story zooming in of Lanas tattoo on her finger which says "die young" and Jen captioned it "ldr bringing the drama" and I just found that repulsive... im sure it was just humor... but I just found it annoying... im sure they love her for her "drama" as it has propelled her career, cause we all relate to it in our lives, so lana is obviously doing something right and im sure lana knows this... sry for the rant, just annoyed with miss del Rey atm....

Same. We know she has a basic side to her and a cHaMeLeOn sOuL; she definitely strikes me as someone who goes with the flow and shows the side of herself she believes will appeal to whoever she's with (which I don't see as a bad thing tbh, I totally get it). I doubt she acts the same around them as she did/does around Marilyn Manson, James Franco, The Weeknd, Florence Welch or Cat Power. These girls might have never cared for her music or her as a celebrity; they clearly think it's cool they're friends with someone famous but they might not care that much. On the other hand, I often get this feeling from them like they're itching to make it into the biography/documentary :um3:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

God, the l4l period was such a stunner compared to this. Having notifications on for her actually meant something. 

I agree with other people on here in that she's changed a lot since the beginning of making NFR. She seemed so happy on tour and happy meeting fans, going into the crowd... ugh. I think it's difficult for her to be in the music zone with her saddie friends and the energy they seem to bring. All for an artist changing and growing, personally and professionally, but completely losing any professionalism... sad. Someone posted her poetry to a fb group that makes fun of poetry, and someone pointed out that her lyrics are massively helped by the music behind them. They mostly list items or activities vaguely associated with Americana, and sang the right way with the right music, it can work. On a piece of paper? 

Summer

Blue 

Forever

(leak NFR)

locals only

Same. We know she has a basic side to her and a cHaMeLeOn sOuL; she definitely strikes me as someone who goes with the flow and shows the side of herself she believes will appeal to whoever she's with (which I don't see as a bad thing tbh, I totally get it). I doubt she acts the same around them as she did/does around Marilyn Manson, James Franco, The Weeknd, Florence Welch or Cat Power. These girls might have never cared for her music or her as a celebrity; they clearly think it's cool they're friends with someone famous but they might not care that much. On the other hand, I often get this feeling from them like they're itching to make it into the biography/documentary :um3:

In other words, she’s an extrovert in the genuine, original Jungian sense of the term.

Extroverts like to be a part of the group and like to join groups, suffer a lot when alone or isolated, and tend to temporarily take on the group identity or what they feel is expected of them in a given situation, whether it’s soccer mom, heroin dilettante, club kid, pretty young neighbor, pop star girlfriend, Instagram influencer, dutiful daughter or granddaughter, new mother, Gucci representative or whatever.

I have known men and women like her too as I perceived her then, so I was pretty impressed as well. But I also wanted to believe. So I take responsibility for buying the fantasy. I have lived in NYC long enough to know that few artists are as they seem when you encounter them in person.

But sadly, this new LDR is so much drearier than the fantasy in terms of her presentation as an artist that I cannot help but continue to be disappointed. Even her tour posters and graphics were actually hip back in the day—now we get things like the interior photos of LFL and the album cover, with the fake-lookin daisies in her hair and the awkward hippy dress.

Remember when BTD came out and all the DJs wanted to remix her songs, and did? That sure stopped abruptly. I don’t know why she dropped the Trip Hop production in the first place.

I wasn't impressed as much as I was inspired. She made me think of what was and hope for what could be. She felt so new, but so familiar too. She was exciting and comforting at the same time. I got into her music during a very difficult time in my life. Not that it's ever been easy, but as bad as things were, they were still too good. And so I started losing it all, one by one. Lana's music (supposed?) journey, and also her being older than me, gave me hope that I could one day bounce back. I never saw her as a role model (lol) but she's been #goals for years, if that makes sense.

Yeah it really makes me sick seeing certain people glorified by fans and even the media.... Called sweethearts, angels, saints, etc and considered sensitive & kind. And I wish I could tell them that the man of their dreams would give them nightmares. That he was crueler than they could ever imagine. That he was capable of things they wouldn't handle knowing about. But there's no point.

Anyway, I actually really loved the LFL aesthetic, or should I say aesthetics? She was all over the place lol. I loved the witchy theme, the hippie theme, and even the more casual/hip hop/whatever summer bummer theme. I wish this era's visuals were half as good. Nothing we've had so far could compare to the Love video, and even the LFL cover was better than MAC's, VB's and Hope's.

(posted in the Doin' Time thread too but just my hopeful thinking cuz i want her to pull a Blue Velvet and put it on the album :defeated:)

video is 3rd pic in

[removed]

maybe someone talented can make an extended snippet

UbsOye5.png

(posted in the Doin' Time thread too but just my hopeful thinking cuz i want her to pull a Blue Velvet and put it on the album :defeated:)

video is 3rd pic in

[removed]

THIS GIVES ME BTD VIBES

negAbhB.png

Can y’all imagine how ugly the NFR cover art will be? Like, I don’t think we are prepared for the atrocity it will be

$10 it's the horrific Venice Bitch edit  :lmao: 

(posted in the Doin' Time thread too but just my hopeful thinking cuz i want her to pull a Blue Velvet and put it on the album) :defeated:

video is 3rd pic in

[removed]

She sounds hot  :defeated:

video is 3rd pic in

[removed]

Sounds summery as fuck. I'm living  :defeated:

giphy.gif

ok put me in a clown costume and call me president of speculation nation but honestly the only theory that makes real sense to me, as far as the album delay, is that she's depressed and just doesn't care about nfr anymore. i don't want to be some self-important armchair psychologist and run around throwing diagnoses at people with my absolute and total lack of any qualifications, but i just think it's a strong possibility, based on my own experiences. i went through something like this a few months ago where i just absolutely lost all interest and motivation toward what has been my number one passion for essentially my whole life, and it was, to put it mildly, fucking miserable. i know that, for myself, i absolutely cannot put work or effort into anything unless i'm somehow inspired by it or convinced of its importance, and when i lose interest there's no way it will happen. i have to wonder if she's in a similar boat. i know i'm the first to trash her up and down and call her lazy and irresponsible for not communicating with us, but i do genuinely feel bad if it's a mental health thing bc i can empathize.

anywho the cover sounds FUCKING AMAZING UGHHH YES SERVE ME SUMMERY TRIP HOP BTD VIBES LANA I'M SO PROUD

brb gotta go play that snippet on loop for the next 373823 hours

it's just the way i feel

I'm kind of confused about all the drama about the album, all of the singles got amazing reviews, and they were great--it felt like this could be the album that get's Lana some album of the year level Grammy recognition. Do we really even know that she doesn't want to release it, it almost sounds like maybe the recording company could be the ones gatekeeping it? But I don't know. It feels like there could be all kinds of possibilities, maybe even the desire to wait for the perfect time since it sounds like it was really special. All the insta snippets were fantastic and would she have released those if she wasn't proud of her work? But I guess it's all speculation at this point. I just hope things turn out well.

NO