Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I actually think the iPad line is sweet. But I don't really like the "fucking white gown" and "shaking my ass" lines all that much. I think I get the point of them, in that she's saying that she sexualizes herself and parties mindlessly to stave off the dark thoights (I thiiink this is what she's getting at?); but the wording seems especially vulgar with the soft production and otherwise darkly sweet lyricism that it makes it off putting to me. Though that may be the point, idk. I should probably go back and listen again.

To me, they're like verbal exclamations so I like that they're there.

I love that it took her 3 years to complete, though. One year to write the title, and two years to write the lyrics.

Gives us a whole different perspective on the current situation, doesn’t it? What do you think about those particular parts you highlighted?

Do you reaaaaaaally want to ask me that question .... haha

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

To me, they're like verbal exclamations so I like that they're there.

I love that it took her 3 years to complete, though. One year to write the title, and two years to write the lyrics.

Do you reaaaaaaally want to ask me that question .... haha

You're going to relate it to her friends again, aren't ya?  :creep:

The fact it took three years for her to finish Hope while she also took only four hours to make the far superior both sonically and lyrically Change should be laughable  :lmao:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The fact it took three years for her to finish Hope while she also took only four hours to make the far superior both sonically and lyrically Change should be laughable  :lmao:

If you put it that way, yes, I can see why that's funny lol. But those two songs are completely different thematically. She's singing about the concept of change; not so much about how she relates to it on a personal level.  

For my thesis I've been reading about a gruesome topic, and one of the papers I had to read for it was about research on actual and simulated suicide notes. The expert in that particular paper said: “f you asked a person to write a suicide note, you put him in a suicidal context and he has to say, ‘I wonder what suicide is like?’ and he puts his mind around the concept of suicide. Then there is another person who is sitting there with a revolver about to shoot himself to death. He is not thinking about suicide; he is thinking about killing himself”

Granted, the comparison is a bit extreme, but the same can be said about "Change vs. Hope": in Change she is talking about the concept of change, and in Hope she is relating a certain concept to herself. If it makes any sense.

I mean ... this article is only seven years old. Maybe one of us can get invited to dinner and get the answers we need.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-190-1270858

I'll have to paddle across the Pacific Ocean to attend as I can't afford to fly to LA, but don't let that stop you inviting me, Elizabeth.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I mean ... this article is only seven years old. Maybe one of us can get invited to dinner and get the answers we need.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-190-1270858

I'll have to paddle across the Pacific Ocean to attend as I can't afford to fly to LA, but don't let that stop you inviting me, Elizabeth.

"In California and London I’m getting recognised more and more. It’s usually really friendly exchanges – someone will just say, ‘Is it you?’ And I usually just say, ‘Yes’."

This sent me  :thumb3:

"It's me ur lil venice bitch"

my $0.02 on the hope is a keyboard smash discourse: i actually really love the somewhat awkward, almost ungainly lines (e.g. ipad, shaking my ass, etc. etc.). they kind of break the 4th wall a bit and feel like an allusion to the whole idea of feeling not entirely comfortable in her image/persona. like yes, she could write another song about eternal love and red lipstick and jewelry and being pretty while she cries and her beautiful man and cars and the color blue and drinking and smoking and living fast and dying young and eating ice cream, with lyrics that look and sound pretty and fit into aesthetic moodboards, but instead she inserts these decidedly unpoetic images into her usual template. the whole thing feels almost abrasive: the lyrics, the almost total lack of production (you want strings? you want beats? you want guitars? here, have a couple piano chords), the aggressively informal cover art, the sentence-length, decapitalized title (no other song in her discography has a title like that). the more i think about it, the more it appears like a concerted effort to smash things up, especially considering it's the last complete song we've gotten from her. it seems almost like a tacit scream of frustration, like someone locked in a room (the persona/sound/style/image she's acquired, for better or for worse) banging on the walls and smashing the glass in the picture frames. like, "maybe i can't unlock the door and leave but i can at least subvert what i'm supposed to do in here and how i'm supposed to behave."

maybe i'm reaching but when you put all the pieces together it just feels really sad and desperate and angry idk even despite the chorus and title

it's just the way i feel

I still can't believe that those ugly f*ckers actually would've had a Billboard #1 album if the queen of bisexuals Pink hadn't intervened. :rip:

off topic but its so strange how p!nk is so underrated by the gp yet she sells out arenas and tours and has several #1 albums and singles like wtf

Omg what's the procedure??

I played the snippet on my phone and shazamed it on ipad, 7 people have shazamed it so far lol 

if that’s what u asking, I could’ve misunderstood

But it doesn’t show any cover, just a Youtube link with the snippet