Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Maybe next week or the one after is the earliest if Interscope wants Doin’Time to live a bit on the charts.

Safe to guess something will happen in June, or should I be wearing my clown makeup when I'm hoping

locals only

Salvatore contains multitudes.

is that a goddamn capitalized s used in conjecture with my name how norman fucking DARE you

dont forget "sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride"

I feel like these aren’t really allusions to previous songs but just euphemisms she uses often

She should just release the damn album

Hmm speaking of reworked tracks, there has always been a vintage Lana/ Lizzy song somehow woven into her albums

For example:

Born to Die had Diet Mtn Dew

Paradise had Yayo

Ultraviolence was originally referenced in Hundred Dollar Bill AND the melody from Methamphetamines was used for Old Money

Honeymoon had the iconic HBTB bridge which samples Put Me In a Movie lyrics

LFL had Beautiful People reworked, which I know isnt TECHNICALLY vintage Lana but it still counts a bit in my book

Now I’m curious as to what possible references NFR could have!!! Or if we really are about to get our first album that is wholly new material

MAC is a reworked Yosemite :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Exactly she’s far too lazy for that, besides she said before once a song is done it’s done. She only really went back a few times and it was for lust for life (song) to change up the verse and chorus. National Anthem she added fireworks and the other was Yayo. But that’s about it.

But what about most of UV? Wasn’t it largely produced by others before Dan Auerbach got involved, and then significantly reworked by the two of them together?

Also, though I no longer remember the source where I saw it, wasn’t ‘Ride’ a reworking of a much earlier acoustic track, very similar lyrically to the Paradise version?

she's acting almost retired and ready to bake apple pies in some ways but also having slumber parties in pyjamas with christian girlfriends like a 12 year old and on all accounts is in quite a turbulent relationship, i realise people are multidimensional beings but wow

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live