Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wouldn’t be surprised if she put that snippet up just to keep us busy and excited until the festivals are over & go back into hiding.

Now we have another snippet to overplay & be less excited when it actually drops. Anyone else feeling a bit of hope yet still indifferent?

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

more like devolved imo, not seeing a hint of maturity in any of the songs we've gotten so far

Honestly. Apart from maybe hope and MAC I see nothing radically different or adult about her music. Where's the maturity in VB? Or are we just counting not singing about snorting lines w a sugar daddy maturity. 

locals only

Honestly. Apart from maybe hope and MAC I see nothing radically different or adult about her music. Where's the maturity in VB? Or are we just counting not singing about snorting lines w a sugar daddy maturity. 

oh god i miss u on my lips :flutter:

its me ur lil venice bitch uwu

the maturity jumped out :derpna:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I was expecting more. Honestly I hate being so pessimistic but I'm not here for these monotonous piano ballads. What's funny is that I don't mind piano ballads at all, but they need to sound INTERESTING at least.

And yeah, I'm aware Lana said there will be no bangers but even then, you can still make a slow, sullen song sound incredible. That's not what I'm getting with these snippets so far.

Cinnamon and IYC are still amazing, though. And I'm sticking around just for those two gems but not for the other songs.

Update: Okay so the first time I listened to NFR, I was half alseep (oops), but I listened to it again and I really love the bridge, I'm just not a fan of the verses. But the part where things start to sound heavy was getting good.

The thing with stripped-down piano ballads, like 'Old Money,' among LDR's, is that they have to have a strong melody to work, because there's nothing else, and the vocal follows the melody. 'Hope' has a fairly strong, recognizable melody--you can hum it easily. Some of the other piano snippets don't seem to have strong melodies, but may when we've heard the entire song. 

I feel like NFR is very weak lyrically, among other things. MAC was actually pretty decent imo, and although I love Cinnamon, the lyrics are just...very plain and sparse. 

It's hard to say where I truly stand with NFR at this point in time. I remember when we first heard all the snippets to LFL and I adored every single one, yet when the album itself came out, it was still my least favourite Lana album.

I'm not expecting BTD/UV 2.0, but just SOMETHING that has some true fire and zest. Something daring, something exciting, something ballsy. Maybe it's just my personal taste when it comes to music, idk.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Since when is "maturity" suddenly an issue? Just because she's 34 she can't sing about being a bitch and getting fucked? Let her feel her fantasy.. 

The thing with stripped-down piano ballads, like 'Old Money,' among LDR's, is that they have to have a strong melody to work, because there's nothing else, and the vocal follows the melody. 'Hope' has a fairly strong, recognizable melody--you can hum it easily. Some of the other piano snippets don't seem to have strong melodies, but may when we've heard the entire song. 

the title track's melody sounds so weak and all over the place... i think that might be why i can't get into it

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Well, the storytelling is amazing on the piano tracks. Plus we do see her become more direct with men, from what we heard this far. it's the first time I don't have the «men are gonna drown me because I love them too much» feeling. 

VB is similar to Cinnamon : they are both tracks that are all about the music and the production rather than the lyrics, that are almost like «snapshots» or «pictures» or almost automatic writing. So, no, the lyrics aren't all that on those two, but they're all about an impression. 

the title track's melody sounds so weak and all over the place... i think that might be why i can't get into it

I agree, LF. We'll have to wait and see. Nothing in it jumps out at me.

I think a lot of what we're hearing on NFR are reactions to the overproduction of LFL, most of which I liked, but the production of which was awful on a lot of tracks, messy and unnecessarily multilayered ('God Bless America,' 'When The World Was At War,' 'In My Feelings,' etc.). 

At least the album is referred to as NFR, so we can probably put that horse to rest. 

Honestly the NFR snippet actually has me fucking shook. When @@salvatore posted the lyrics I genuinely thought it was a shitpost cause I could not believe she actually sang “You fucked me so good that I almost said I love you”

That line caught me so off guard but the song sounds SO fucking incredible... the way she sings “wiiiiiild” and “your head in your hands as you colour me bluuuueeeeee” oh my GOD

please tell me this means NFR is finally coming, I’m... ready

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I was expecting more. Honestly I hate being so pessimistic but I'm not here for these monotonous piano ballads. What's funny is that I don't mind piano ballads at all, but they need to sound INTERESTING at least.

And yeah, I'm aware Lana said there will be no bangers but even then, you can still make a slow, sullen song sound incredible. That's not what I'm getting with these snippets so far.

Cinnamon and IYC are still amazing, though. And I'm sticking around just for those two gems but not for the other songs.

Very valid points were made :hooker:

The strings are nice. 

Anyway, is there a way to remove the filter from the video?

That filter should be illegal to be Norman fucking honest. I was wondering that yesterday too though

Let’s ask ourselves, are we excited because we actually love the snippet or because we’ve been starved for so long that we’re excited to have something new finally.

I ask myself this. I think a little bit of both but mostly the neglect has driven me to be excited for anything I can get

That filter should be illegal to be Norman fucking honest. I was wondering that yesterday too though

Let’s ask ourselves, are we excited because we actually love the snippet or because we’ve been starved for so long that we’re excited to have something new finally.

I ask myself this. I think a little bit of both but mostly the neglect has driven me to be excited for anything I can get

It’s literally going to be my favorite album. And for “monotonous” ultraviolence and honeymoon were both arguably very boring, despite the praise. I love both albums but this album is gonna be it sis.

Honestly I don't get why y'all think the title track is all over the place... sounds good for me

I know we haven't heard the whole thing but, in terms of title tracks, Btd > Uv > Nfr > Hm > Lfl

iv9uXjw.gif