Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I haven't listened to Ultraviolence in full and in order in so long and am doing so right now and it's suddenly 2014 and I'm in Cakifornia OMG. I will never forget listening to UV for the first time on a plane to Cali and then blasting it that entire summer. What A MOMENT in my life.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

It’s literally going to be my favorite album. And for “monotonous” ultraviolence and honeymoon were both arguably very boring, despite the praise.

Let me move my bang

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Y’all obviously haven’t seen any reviews on either album. Both were received pretty badly by anyone else but her stans lol. Still love them but NFR is gonna be her first album to get over a 7 on p4k

Y’all obviously haven’t seen any reviews on either album. Both were received pretty badly by anyone else but her stans lol. Still love them but NFR is gonna be her first album to get over a 7 on p4k

Ultraviolence has a 74 on Metacritic and honeymoon has a 78, those are both pretty good scores. Where’s the poor critical reception? The only era that wasn’t not at least mildly positive was BTD.

Wow just listened to the snippet, it is extremely beautiful. I wanna listen on repeat but I'm going to stop myself and try not to listen again.

Please let this mean the album is coming.  :defeated:

Her last 3 albums say hi 

Her last 3 albums say hi

Oh shit I’m trippin lmao Idk why I thought the scores were low. My bad. ANYWAY NFR is still gon be my fav and I’m gonna play and it on Record player and be sultry on my days off of work.

Does anyone else have an undying obsession and intense relationship with West Coast? That song is like a fucking drug. I hope I feel something even a tiny bit similar with nfr

Honestly. Apart from maybe hope and MAC I see nothing radically different or adult about her music. Where's the maturity in VB? Or are we just counting not singing about snorting lines w a sugar daddy maturity.

How to Disappear is about how life goes on and coping with its negative events. Venice Bitch also reminds me of just aging in general (“and as the summer fades away...back in the garden, were getting high now, because we’re older”).

sgopYhV.gif

She made a 10 minutes song with guitars and psychedelic sounds but you still hate it sweetie, get your negative energy in the marinara thread

omg i'm so annoying i hadn't thought about that JFKDJKDJF

Wow just listened to the snippet, it is extremely beautiful. I wanna listen on repeat but I'm going to stop myself and try not to listen again.

I'm with you on that one. Like, I want to believe... she did acknowledge her 4 last songs, she posted a snippet of the title track... It seems like it's finally happening.

And yet, we've been deceived so many times... 

How to Disappear is about how life goes on. Venice Bitch also reminds me of just aging in general (“and as the summer fades away...back in the garden, were getting high now, because we’re older”).

I've managed to resist the temptations with listening to HTD. And idk it might just be me, VB just doesn't feel that mature, lyrically speaking. 'You're beautiful and I'm insane, we're American-made' isn't far from 'god you're so handsome' and 'you like your girls insane' 

locals only

HOPE IS A DANGEROUS THING FOR STANS LIKE US TO HAVE..... BUT WE HAVE

Does anyone else have an undying obsession and intense relationship with West Coast? That song is like a fucking drug. I hope I feel something even a tiny bit similar with nfr

I'm a complete slut for the radio mix   :hair: :kris:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I've managed to resist the temptations with listening to HTD. And idk it might just be me, VB just doesn't feel that mature, lyrically speaking. 'You're beautiful and I'm insane, we're American-made' isn't far from 'god you're so handsome' and 'you like your girls insane' 

And don't forget that we're supposed to be making a comparison here. It's not just about the NFR tracks we've heard sounding "mature", it's about them being far more evolved and grown up than UV & HM. There's supposed to be an artistic growth & sophistication...unfortunately I'm not seeing it.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I'm a complete slut for the radio mix   :hair: :kris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqg73BLoyFU

If it wasn’t because I love the original so fucking much, id listen to that alternative version a lot more cause she’s so cute. I’m not a fan of remixes but now that you mention this, have you heard Ultraviolence disciples remix? It’s the only Lana remix I’ve found & actually don’t hate

I think holistic picture matters as well (but this is coming from someone whose favorite song is VB, so I might be biased lol). Born to Die and National Anthem both have trip hop elements and somewhat outdated production and sampling to them, and are associated with the glamorous image she was trying to portray at that time (she was literally portraying herself as Jacky O, Marilyn Monroe, and the Queen of Heaven in these videos). They also are much more chamber pop, and the sound is pretty identifiable with the pop of the early 2010’s (Lorde, etc). Venice Bitch on the other hand has quite clear influences of 70s folk rock, which in my opinion is a more adult sound of her music, and this further signified by the 10 minute length. I think maybe it’s just the nostalgic sound of it that makes me think differently of it from other other songs. I guess what I’m really trying to say is that I associate BTD songs with early 2010 pop, while I associate NFR songs with 70s and 90s folk rock and jazz (MAC reminds me HEAVILY of Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, HTD reminds me of Crosby, Stills, and Nash, VB reminds me of the Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel, NFR song sounds like a Fiona Apple song, and her other songs just really have a sound that we haven’t heard from her before, so it’s exciting for me).

sgopYhV.gif

If it wasn’t because I love the original so fucking much, id listen to that alternative version a lot more cause she’s so cute. I’m not a fan of remixes but now that you mention this, have you heard Ultraviolence disciples remix? It’s the only Lana remix I’ve found & actually don’t hate

Yes! It's really cool. Usually I don't like remixes with a fast-ish beat but it works well :lolliney: 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Yes! It's really cool. Usually I don't like remixes with a fast-ish beat but it works well :lolliney:

Right? I’m glad you think so too! It’s a little Friday night bop :kris: :beyonce: