Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

imagining a post release thread for NFR where we actually get to discuss lyrics, songs, and actual things about the album is just so surreal to me...like actually, wow.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Ok this is unhealthy nd also not as important but ohmygod YES I HAVE BEEN WAITING 4 ONLY THIS.   giphy.gif I hope the fucking skies rip open on a gloomy day, fucking halo'ing the disc giphy.gif070813_6964-7016.gifI'll b fucking sobbing and my throat'll b sore after all the fucking yelling on the top of some fucking mountain tenor.gif they'll write urban legends of the fucking howls and the roaring of my speakers- giphy.gif and then the LFL music video'll start (but not really) ezgif.com-video-to-gif089b53e1a5c7c787.gand I'll do the same fucking thing all over again in another picturesque typa space, 'way from traffic with a some select kind of vice crying to overcompensate the limpness of the unripe first half of the year, like fucking giphy.gif mop it really was regarding this, nd probably almost die, but won't mariah.gif bc I'LL HAVE A FUCKING MOMENT OF SHARP SOBRIETY chris-rock-accidentally-touches-ariiana- and then laugh at myself for almost having done so. Yes. 978869mccryingidol2.gif?w=660 (Like I seldom deal w any bs in real life but mygod. Love for u venice heaux, the fucking patient kind giphy.gif) I'll save the fucking receipt and then listen to the tracks off pico or visit my local library, burn the tracks off the cd tumblr_inline_oeyu8wpHqO1s7u1u6_500.gifand never listen to them thru streaming KlwXK2D.giftumblr_nx7650cWfX1tiyc2yo2_250.gif

in 2 months* giphy.gif *Insert Burnt Norton interlude here

edit: Sorry Harlow, this was hardly conversational, giphy.gif I genuinely hope u enjoy ur vinyl too whenever it arrives  :justride:  :wipe:  :justride2:

This is such a great example on why I love the Internet and LB so much lol 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

If every song was a beautiful psychedelic epic like VB, it wouldn’t feel as special though. I’d rather it be the shining star it is and not be dulled out. But who knows? Maybe one of her snippets turns into an even bigger epic. She always does the unexpected. I still think In Your Car could turn out long and psychedelic (maybe I’m delusional on that one tho)

I 100% share this hopeful feeling, especially about IYC, It just has to burst into amazingness. I hope you're right 'cause I fucking LOVE VB.

Fuck, I can't wait for this record to come, 2 months are gonna go by so quickly for me this summer so it really feels like it's coming so soon.  :excited:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I really hope NFR serves us some insanely dark songs,,,, remember when she said the album was on “some sad girl shit” I really hope we get tracks that return to some of the lyricism from UV. Ughhhh scalp me Lana I know you won’t let us down, every song we’ve heard so far has literally been so gorgeous. Wow I actually feel so revitalised after her saying the album is 2 months away. I’m READY

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I really hope NFR serves us some insanely dark songs,,,, remember when she said the album was on “some sad girl shit” I really hope we get tracks that return to some of the lyricism from UV. Ughhhh scalp me Lana I know you won’t let us down, every song we’ve heard so far has literally been so gorgeous. Wow I actually feel so revitalised after her saying the album is 2 months away. I’m READY

UV was about drugs and abuse, i personally don't think I'd like to see this kind of lyrics again. When she talked about sad girl shit, I believe it was for everything she has to go through in her daily life as a depressed person, even if she's in a healthier relationship than before. Her thoughts, her feelings too.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

UV was about drugs and abuse, i personally don't think I'd like to see this kind of lyrics again. When she talked about sad girl shit, I believe it was for everything she has to go through in her daily life as a depressed person, even if she's in a healthier relationship than before. Her thoughts, her feelings too.

Cinnamon has lyrics abt drugs sis!

I’m not necessary saying I want songs about that stuff, but if she can serve up really dark lyricism and sad songs I’ll be so happy

(Totally down for a Florida kilos 2.0 tho)

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Cinnamon has lyrics abt drugs sis!

I’m not necessary saying I want songs about that stuff, but if she can serve up really dark lyricism and sad songs I’ll be so happy

(Totally down for a Florida kilos 2.0 tho)

You mean the line about pills? Well I see it more as medicine than real hard drugs like she was talking in the past. But yeah I agree with you, some dark lyrics would be cool. Honestly, the second verse of Hope is very dark to me. Even though I don't relate at all, it makes me feel so much, it's like she sings her pain in my ears.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I know some people said VB wouldn't be a good closing track for NFR but just imagine: 

A record that we waited for for so long is finally here, we all loved most of the snippets and were eagerly waiting for it to come, it's gonna be the end of summer and listening to VB to close out an album that it shaping up to be one of her best, all the nostalgia it's gonna hit like a massive wave, ''and as the summer fades away nothing gold can stay''...ugh, that would just be so magical  :legend: