Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Plot twist she announces everything on a new topic on LB. 

I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:  Just to see the confusion and scepticism and delulu theories. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

True or not, and I must say that I'm not at all for leaks when it comes to upcoming albums, I must say that she kinda played a bit with fire, with NFR, if someone indeed has been able to put his hands on it. It's almost been a year since she «started »this «era». 

I don't know who is running that account but looks attention-seeker to me. I was followed by that account for no reason whatsoever since I don't tweet in English, run a Lana account or had interacted with him/her

Knowing Lana, she probably has several accounts. :creep:

and i'm lana

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

i'm a star would be a great title for in your car <3 itd be her most leo title 

https://twitter.com/musicnewsfact/status/1147844562741710849

so im assuming this is what was said last night?

Last night she said there's an album coming and that she'd play a couple of new and old songs from the last record (LFL). Then Cherry started.

And she did say earlier that she had a few songs she would release before the album - maybe they were Doin' Time and the Charlie's Angels song. That NFR is coming out in August is still an assumption, I personally think it might be coming in September. And summer is definitely over where I live by then. :'(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

what do you all think the lyrical content of NFR will be?

After BTD and Paradise, the lolita coney island cola daddy gangsta has gradually declined and LFL was all about being #woke and i'm wondering if this album will have her be deeply submissive like the previous releases or feel lonely like HM did or ...?

but like all this poetry astrology legacy and time stuff she's been writing about makes me think that her song lyrics will read like her Instagram poems and i just feel so bored, i want to listen to NFR but i feel incredibly bored by the snippets and MAC, VB, Hope, HTD just don't interest me really. I love when she layers her vocals and when i can listen to a song i've listened to 3000 times and still hear things i've never noticed b4 and im just not getting that so far

maybe my expectations are too high but i was expecting NFR to fuck me so hard I cry and now... it's just fucking me  :defeated:

pls dont cum after me for not licking VB's toes, its just the way i feel 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

what do you all think the lyrical content of NFR will be?

After BTD and Paradise, the lolita coney island cola daddy gangsta has gradually declined and LFL was all about being #woke and i'm wondering if this album will have her be deeply submissive like the previous releases or feel lonely like HM did or ...?

but like all this poetry astrology legacy and time stuff she's been writing about makes me think that her song lyrics will read like her Instagram poems and i just feel so bored, i want to listen to NFR but i feel incredibly bored by the snippets and MAC, VB, Hope, HTD just don't interest me really. I love when she layers her vocals and when i can listen to a song i've listened to 3000 times and still hear things i've never noticed b4 and im just not getting that so far

maybe my expectations are too high but i was expecting NFR to fuck me so hard I cry and now... it's just fucking me  :defeated:

pls dont cum after me for not licking VB's toes, its just the way i feel 

I think it's very much about her current life, about reflecting the past and still wanting to change. I think she'll reveal her inner thoughts in a honest way and just tell her listeners who she is. Which I think is very brave of her, because I think a lot of us don't want to be vulnerable or can tell someone we know that "no, I'm not ok actually" instead of automatically replying "I'm fine, how are you?", so I think this is why she described she songs as "deep, introspective, sad girl shit". I mean, I began to write down my thoughts in a notebook earlier this year and it's really hard, both to write the thoughts down and go back and read them again. It hurts.

Also, I think her poems really show us her inner monologues and thoughts. They're ordinary, not about anything in particular, and I think she was right to not wanting to call them as poems exactly - because they really look like just some random thought from a random moment. Maybe that's why I don't get them or like them in particular, I don't understand what she wants to say or why she wants to share them. Because her fans wants to read them? Maybe.

Anyway. I wouldn't expect to hear her sing about things she has sung in previous albums if I were you, I think she's really coming with something different this time while still being herself. I'm excited to hear the album.

--- Why I'm thinking NFR will be about everyday life, past memories and the will to change:

- Her way of writing lyrics has changed. I think that many songs on this album are similar to the way she writes her poems - they're not neccessaarily painting an image or idea anymore or telling an interesting story (like Salvatore, OTTR, Florida Kilos, and even older ones like Boarding School, JFK, Gramma), she's simply writing her thoughts as they are right now in her life. And I think she's trying to be honest and straight forward to the person she's "talking" to: "there's things I wanna say to you", "I said, don't be a jerk, don't call me a taxi", "if you weren't mine I'd be jealous of your love", "goddamn, man child".

- How To Disappear is very much remembering old memories, which isn't exactly new of her. You can even hear it in Hope ("... spilling my guts with the Bowery bums is the only love I've ever known"). But I'm thinking that maybe she's done looking back at old romances with rosy glasses and instead see them for what they mostly were, bad for her. I get this feeling from her live performances ("and it wasn't even that good!" about G-Easy's album, "'if I get a little prettier, can I be your baby?' - fuck that", "'I think I'll miss you forever' - haha, or maybe not")

- Lana seems to want to change herself and her life. She meets new friends, she tries new things, she's finally doing things she's been wanting to do (writing poetry, taking flight lessons etc) and change is such an important thing to her right now, she even made a song about it and put it on LFL. Change doesn't come easily and I think she's still trying to become someone else, a better version of herself or a truer version. I think she wants to let go of her past and create a new life. "Fresh outta fucks forever", and also that her date thought she was just a sad girl ("you took my sadness out of context").

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

the guy i slept with last night claimed to have been a proffesional hacker and i kept asking him to try and leak lana's new album but he wouldn't .. well i tried

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

the guy i slept with last night claimed to have been a proffesional hacker and i kept asking him to try and leak lana's new album but he wouldn't .. well i tried

You could’ve asked for Yosemite, Roses Bloom For You, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, Piano Theme, Melancholia, Trans Am.....& you ask for NFR....I can’t

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

You could’ve asked for Yosemite, Roses Bloom For You, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, Piano Theme, Melancholia, Trans Am.....& you ask for NFR....I can’t

He's a professional hacker not a professional leaker/Lana song collector

did he hack the bussy tho

yes.. but the next day he was actually watching g easy interviews on youtube though. im not kidding.

a dealbreaker literally a dealbreaker

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The fact that @@Terrence Loves Me is the person most dedicated to this album in our entire community (including Lana herself, obviously) deserves some recognition. First asking your psychic mum about the release date (didn't work out, but God Knows You Tried), now sleeping with hackers for the greater good and totally not for your personal pleasure... we had to stan!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif