Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don't think NFR will be worth the wait that we had. Yeah I love Cinnamon and IYC, but this album has been in the air for a whole year. Nothing is worth that long.

It will be worth the wait and we should actually consider ourselves lucky because it's "only" a year of waiting, but other artists make their fans wait wayyyyyyy more

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

venice bitch

sylvia plath

how to disappear

the wild one, dreamgirl, and cherry blossom leak

the music this era is IT

"From neon dive bars in Long Beach ..." 

What is that crazy bitch talking about? Has she ever played in a neon dive bar in Long Beach? I thought she played in bars in New York, but not California. 

Also, how come she shaved off 10, 000 people? (Everyone else said 70k and she says 60k). Does she even numbers? This is why I can't believe "two months"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It will be worth the wait and we should actually consider ourselves lucky because it's "only" a year of waiting, but other artists make their fans wait wayyyyyyy more

Her biggest flaw might have been to say right there, back in September, that Mac and VB were part of an album called NFR. She should have presented them as singles, possibly being part of something bigger, and skip the snippets until much later. I don't think we would have been on the edge for almost a year now for her to drop infos about the damn record. To have an artist start an era by releasing a single a year before the record drops is honestly not very commun in the music industry. The usual timeline is 4-5 months. True, LFL is not even 2 years old, and 2 years between record is very standard. But we said it many times already: she began the era too soon, possibly to cover her Middle East mistake. 

venice bitch

sylvia plath

how to disappear

the wild one, dreamgirl, and cherry blossom leak

the music this era is IT

You forgot about the iconic dance track ‘Roll with Me (On the Radio)’

qfrWuBl.png

Her biggest flaw might have been to say right there, back in September, that Mac and VB were part of an album called NFR. She should have presented them as singles, possibly being part of something bigger, and skip the snippets until much later. I don't think we would have been on the edge for almost a year now for her to drop infos about the damn record. To have an artist start an era by releasing a single a year before the record drops is honestly not very commun in the music industry. The usual timeline is 4-5 months. True, LFL is not even 2 years old, and 2 years between record is very standard. But we said it many times already: she began the era too soon, possibly to cover her Middle East mistake.

Yes true, but again, the record wasn't finished yet when she released MAC and VB and maybe she thought it wouldn't take that long to be released. We can't know for sure what happened, but she wanted to publish the book before, which can explain the delay. Then what if she realised the book would take way more time than she thought and decided to release the album first? I believe it all went quicker in her head and she probably wasn't aware that making a book requires months and isn't easy

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I never really dwell on unreleased songs but Lana releas Roses Bloom 4 U and specially The Good Life challenge.

From dive bars to ignoring my fans, fuck u kids! Al boom coming when I feel like it :) singing off bang bang chase chase

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

"From neon dive bars in Long Beach ..." 

What is that crazy bitch talking about? Has she ever played in a neon dive bar in Long Beach? I thought she played in bars in New York, but not California. 

Also, how come she shaved off 10, 000 people? (Everyone else said 70k and she says 60k). Does she even numbers? This is why I can't believe "two months"

there's a Long Beach in Long Island and New Jersey too 

She sneakily did two Poland posts and her feed is balanced which means now she won't post anything for weeks. 

:rip:

there's a Long Beach in Long Island and New Jersey too 

Ohhhh okay. She can have that one. 

the LFL era was amazing but the album sucked

the NFR album is amazing but the era sucks

ugh we really cant get perfect eras anymore can we?

LFL era sucked a lot, it is just “amazing” compared to this era. She was MIA while we begged for promo just like this one but the whole thing wasn’t dragged out quite as long as NFR

Remember when she live streamed at a scheduled time and then said she’d be doing that a few more times leading up to LFL and then never did again lol

I wonder if the poetry book is still happening... she says 2 months for album but she said poetry book first. She stopped promoting the poetry and seems to have shifted towards her music again

LIZARD PEOPLE

I feel like the book has to come out EVENTUALLY. I mean she did an Italian Vogue 3 cover poetry moment kind of in promotion of it. That’s pretty legit, and if it wasn’t coming to fruition would she have done that??

Anyways. I’ve mostly moved on from being annoyed because now that we are in July, and because she did say 2 months last month (the only info we have past speculation, I’m going to take it at face value) an official announcement could and probably will come at any moment. There aren’t any days left to guess and I don’t think she is going to make the official announcement at a show so I truly think we are in store for something any day now.

Also let’s get hopeful and assume her time in Malibu with her makeup artist and dancers and chuck and film people was for a video or an album trailer. How long do you think something like that takes to be put together??

You forgot about the iconic dance track ‘Roll with Me (On the Radio)’

truthfully, this is an awesome track. it's different but i honestly love it, no joke. i keep it on repeat sometimes and let it play while I take a nap or stalk this thread.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I had this really unfortunate thought, and that is, she's probably not going to change her setlist much even after NFR is released, because she loves those dancers, and the dancers don't dance during MAC or VB, and they likely won't dance during any of the other piano ballads which comprise that album, either, so we're fucked, totally fucked, and I think this is the longest sentence I've ever typed.

I think this is the longest sentence I've ever typed.

amateur

Plot twist she announces everything on a new topic on LB. 

Imagine some user called "lAnA59483" comes in here and says, "the album is coming out on the 14th of August"

And we're all, "fuck off, bitch", "that's a Wednesday, she wouldn't do that", Elle gives her warning points for spreading lies, etc

And then she bounces on over into the "Pictures of You" thread and drops a selfie:

RHbKBRS.jpg

I had this really unfortunate thought, and that is, she's probably not going to change her setlist much even after NFR is released, because she loves those dancers, and the dancers don't dance during MAC or VB, and they likely won't dance during any of the other piano ballads which comprise that album, either, so we're fucked, totally fucked, and I think this is the longest sentence I've ever typed.

She never changed much of the setlist over the years anyways when she is doing festivals, just adding a few more songs from the new record. The setlist is more elaborate and has more of the new record when it is a proper tour in arenas and such. 

My dream show from her would be a super small venue for a couple of nights only, where she would do all of UV from cover to cover, or NFR with piano only, or even a special set of her favorite and most intimate songs over the years. 

everyone: Lana release the album you dumb bitch!!1!!  :defeated:  :defeated:

Lana: "blue jeans, white shirt.." monica-gif.gif

:lmao:

She never changed much of the setlist over the years anyways when she is doing festivals, just adding a few more songs from the new record. The setlist is more elaborate and has more of the new record when it is a proper tour in arenas and such. 

My dream show from her would be a super small venue for a couple of nights only, where she would do all of UV from cover to cover, or NFR with piano only, or even a special set of her favorite and most intimate songs over the years. 

and then she takes a 10 year hiatus due the exhaustion those shows caused her