Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay are we really going to act like Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid won’t be on the tracklist just bc she SAID so??? Hm lets see she said her poetry book was going to be $1 (ummm sounds like trolling) which obvi isnt true, she said she was going to hand deliver it to mom and pop bookshops (sorry small businesses) which would be a publicity NIGHTMARE from Interscope’s standpoint so yeah, I’m guessing that's not true, she said “top of the year” (lies upon lies), “album’s finished” (Ben & Ed both told us otherwise), and now the “two months” probable lie that we won’t even know for sure was a lie until October (which it definitely is a lie). Like are you guys sick to believe anything this person says? Liar Del Rey has run amok for far too long and its time we accepted that this is the biggest joke of an album cycle since the Shrek 3 soundtrack was released. Emotional rant over.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Okay are we really going to act like Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid won’t be on the tracklist just bc she SAID so??? Hm lets see she said her poetry book was going to be $1 (ummm sounds like trolling) which obvi isnt true, she said she was going to hand deliver it to mom and pop bookshops (sorry small businesses) which would be a publicity NIGHTMARE from Interscope’s standpoint so yeah, I’m guessing that's not true, she said “top of the year” (lies upon lies), “album’s finished” (Ben & Ed both told us otherwise), and now the “two months” probable lie that we won’t even know for sure was a lie until October (which it definitely is a lie). Like are you guys sick to believe anything this person says? Liar Del Rey has run amok for far too long and its time we accepted that this is the biggest joke of an album cycle since the Shrek 3 soundtrack was released. Emotional rant over.

Shit happens and her book isn’t going to be a dollar

When Lana said she would hand deliver books to mom and pop book shops, did she really say those were the only places that would sell her book? I’m pretty sure she didn’t. I always interpreted it as she would sell the book regularly, but also bring copies to independent book stores that wanted to carry them because it’s a good way to support local businesses and it’s more economical for the bookstores themselves plus it gives her the chance to go on a fun drive to deliver them. Like Tom Cox hand delivers copies of his books to local bookstores whenever he has a new one and he encourages people to buy them from local bookstores, but he also sells them on amazon and from chain bookstores. Self-publishing doesn’t mean she has no choice but to self-distribute. If she only sells them at independent book shops, call me a clown, but I really never got the impression from that post that she wanted to exclusively sell the books from local book shops.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I've been living in a rock, so what the fuck is "No Surprises" or is it another "Mary Scared Of Me" situation?

Basically say yes to heaven posted on Ig a screenshot of them listening to a song called “No surprises” by LDR on their phone. We all inferred that it was a Radiohead cover. Since then, Syth has backtracked, tried to tell us its not a cover, tried to tell us they never posted it, tried to tell us Honeymouns is the one who posted it, then got pedophile Eclipse to come on here and say it was fake, and that it was just some random girl’s cover (sounds unlikely to me). Either way, if its so fake they should just let us hear the damn thing! (Cue the leakers scrambling to find a girl who sounds vaguely like Lana to record a No Surprises cover so they can continue to cover their tracks)

There's little to no chance for them to appear on the record. Those country songs are drastically different from what we've heard on NFR so far. They're pretty cute but remind me more of lullabies for children than actual songs that would end up on a Lana record. The lyrics are more than simple and I believe Lana and Jack only made them for the LGBT event she sang to. They don't even fit the "sad girl shit" theme. I mean, Stupid For Feeling So Happy is the exact opposite to Hope, it would make no sense to have both songs on the album.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

There's little to no chance for them to appear on the record. Those country songs are drastically different from what we've heard on NFR so far. They're pretty cute but remind me more of lullabies for children than actual songs that would end up on a Lana record. The lyrics are more than simple and I believe Lana and Jack only made them for the LGBT event she sang to. They don't even fit the "sad girl shit" theme. I mean, Stupid For Feeling So Happy is the exact opposite to Hope, it would make no sense to have both songs on the album.

Not to come for you but there are plenty of songs that contradict each other on all of her albums. Is she not allowed to have a journey of self expression on NFR with multiple facets?

Basically say yes to heaven posted on Ig a screenshot of them listening to a song called “No surprises” by LDR on their phone. We all inferred that it was a Radiohead cover. Since then, Syth has backtracked, tried to tell us its not a cover, tried to tell us they never posted it, tried to tell us Honeymouns is the one who posted it, then got pedophile Eclipse to come on here and say it was fake, and that it was just some random girl’s cover (sounds unlikely to me). Either way, if its so fake they should just let us hear the damn thing! (Cue the leakers scrambling to find a girl who sounds vaguely like Lana to record a No Surprises cover so they can continue to cover their tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHfBkP425rU

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

If she actually is releasing her album in September, imagine the musical scalping we'll be getting... Clairo, then Taylor Swift, then Charli XCX and then Lana :wowcry: :trisha: :lange: :oprah: :oprah2: :air2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

u think were gonna hit 3k pages by the time this album is released?

we CAN'T possibly hit 700 more pages and there not be an album release.

jk luv this alvum aint coming any time soon

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Y’all think everything is a conspiracy. Let’s not forget the NFR Rockwell estate copyright debacle where his GRANDAUGHTER had to publicly deny the issue. Y’all doing wayyyy too much

So why exactly did my post get quoted

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

u think were gonna hit 3k pages by the time this album is released?

I kind of want us to reach three thousand pages because that would be so tragic and fun at the same time, lol. :flop: And also because I missed page 2000 ‘cause I took a break from this thread. :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Not to come for you but there are plenty of songs that contradict each other on all of her albums. Is she not allowed to have a journey of self expression on NFR with multiple facets?

Don't you think it would be too much to put "Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not" and "I must be stupid for feeling so happy but they can call me what they want" in the same album? It would sound messy. Again, I believe Lana and Jack were killing time and made those songs for fun, for the LGBT event

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Don't you think it would be too much to put "Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not" and "I must be stupid for feeling so happy but they can call me what they want" in the same album? It would sound messy. Again, I believe Lana and Jack were killing time and made those songs for fun, for the LGBT event

she contains multitudes tho

it's just the way i feel