Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

It depends on whether it’s integrated into the song and seems part and parcel of it, or just tacked on. Obviously, on a buoyant pop song like ‘Radio,’ the ‘fuck’ is intended to be clever and teasing, as it goes against the tone of the song, and it works. The same with ‘Cola,’ G&M,’ etc.

To me, ‘HBTB’ was another not-quite-there song that didn’t work.

lmao of course

image.png

She’s going to fucking grow along with her artistry and vision. If she wants to say FUCK SHIT BITCH SLUT SKANK WHORE all in one sentence she can because all she loves/has to do is deliver music that she feels is her current self.

giphy.gif

I might contact HMV for the 3rd time but I gotta space it out from the last time I e-mailed them. Would mid August be a good time? Assuming Lana still doesn't give us an exact release date obv

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I might contact HMV for the 3rd time but I gotta space it out from the last time I e-mailed them. Would mid August be a good time? Assuming Lana still doesn't give us an exact release date, that is.

if we haven't gotten info by mid August, we're not getting the album at all in August, no matter what Lana says. So, I think so.

giphy.gif

If you think she's being too edgy by swearing nowadays, are you sure you're stanning the same artist that released Born To Die? Why are you complaining now

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

My interpretation of Cherry is that the lead vocals/lyrics are from the honeymoon-phase of love and the swearing in the background is the annoyance/dislike-of-love that comes with it + when you fall out of love (sometimes rather quickly). It's like she was falling in love, and she was annoyed at herself for doing so and at the guy for making her feel that way (specially since maybe she didn't 'want' to fall in love.)

exactly, i love that silly dissonance so much ugh her meta mind..

i just had a thought:

Fuck It, I Love You! + The Greatest song and MV release and a pre-order with full tracklist and album art released all at once this upcoming week.

how glorious would that be?

giphy.gif

i just had a thought:

Fuck It, I Love You! + The Greatest song and MV release and a pre-order with full tracklist and album art released all at once this upcoming week.

how glorious would that be?

Too glorious to be true.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Why are you all complaining about her swearing?? did you all convert to the hillsong church? gtfo

oh no, the hillsong is spreading

giphy.gif