Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i didn’t miss that part, it was the reason i asked the question in the first place! maybe i should have been more specific in my question or something idk i don’t wanna make ppl mad again. i was just wondering if people felt like all the NFR related swearing was unnecessary/tolerable/used more correctly to their taste/still don’t like it etc. like, if they thought the swearing was still in the same vein of how she used it on cherry or not and how they felt about it

I think VB is a bit cringe but the song kinda makes it work so that’s fine. I think the swearing in MAC and HIADT is justified but have a feeling NFR (the song) will be lame lol. I’m assuming FIILY will be lame as well.

Anyways she promised a sad girl album so where are the other songs like “Stronger”....

I just want her to release Cinnamon so I can make a Radio reference tbh

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

It was orgjnally called Malibu and had much more personal lyrics but she rewrote them and changed the title to Get Free

Wow, didn't knew that. How d'you got this info?

original.gif

I know this was pages ago.... But... 

I don't take issue with the swearing in Cherry. Lana said herself in an interview that Cherry and another song (white mustang???) were meant to have a vibe of annoyance/irritation and that they were the first songs she felt she was being 'annoyed' in. I've always taken that as the reason.. Annoyed/irritated sass where she's swearing out of irritation rather than swearing for the sake of it. 

I don't actually really swear at all in real life, and find some of Lana's swearing pointless (Gods & Monsters, Radio, some of the swearing on UV) but I dunno never minded it in Cherry. (Oh and I'm also Australian with the Aussie swearing birthright that I don't use). 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Just can't wait to hear the studio version of How To Disappear. Plus I hope she keeps In My Car on the final product.

original.gif

Can't wait to get good enough material for the site theme to change 

I think you're onto something.i can see the body builder guy being used for this 

I think it would be awesome! Would be pretty cool to have a song that changes dramatically like that. 

Just can't wait to hear the studio version of How To Disappear. Plus I hope she keeps In My Car on the final product.

Same!! I love HTD. The Apple performance is beautiful and so is that snippet where she changes the vocal runs around as she sings. 

I think I've shot myself in the foot, having listened to and REALLY loved the snippets for Hiab, IMC and Cinnamon. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I think it would be awesome! Would be pretty cool to have a song that changes dramatically like that. 

Which snippet? I only heard the Apple performance

Same!! I love HTD. The Apple performance is beautiful and so is that snippet where she changes the vocal runs around as she sings. 

I think I've shot myself in the foot, having listened to and REALLY loved the snippets for Hiab, IMC and Cinnamon.

original.gif

Also does anyone else here green light by lorde in IYC

Don’t diss Green Light like that

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Idk, I think each track has its own merits to themselves, and it'd be a lot easier if we just appreciated them for what they are, than comparing them to death, waiting for something more. They're all fucking diff flavors, w different essences for us to enjoy differently. U know what I'm getting at Cinnamon is gonna fucking wipe all this outdated music all the way to the shadow realm tenor.gif?itemid=3829375

UV/Honeymoon

I love the part near the bridge of Cherry where she says "bitch!" and the sample'd guy voice goes "yep!". It just makes me laugh every time I hear it. My favorite swear word line is "we just want the fucking truth". I think she comes across as forced sometimes even without swearing, like In My Feelings. 

I haven't found the swearing in the NFR tracks that bad, except surprisingly HIADT. It just rolls off her lips weird when she says "fucking white gown". 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I love how we are finally discussing something and some of you babies are whining around and say that it's fighting/arguing.

Nah it's a discussion with different opinions being displayed, something this board is meant for.

Do you rather want this topic to go back to 100% shitposts and "I WOANT THE ALBOOM WHEEEERE IS IT" posts? Maybe boards are not for you then and you should go back to Lanas instagram comment sections.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!