Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wonder if Jack reworked Yosemite and Roses Bloom For You. The chances are unlikely, but Lana teased it in December 2017 after LFL was released and that post is still on her Instagram.

If the record still has 13 tracks, those are the only two she hasn't acknowledged since she announced the name of the album. I wonder if that's on purpose, so we're surprised when we see the tracklist.

I've included a hypothetical tracklist that I think could flow really nicely based on themes and sonics :)

Okay so hear me out, I always wonder this. You know how she sucks at describing how her music is gonna sound? We don’t have any actual solid snippets of Yosemite just that very loud & noisy part she sang. What if (and actually try to consider this) Yosemite isn’t as great as we all think it is & we’re suffering for nothing. Correct me if I’m wrong but it was gonna be on L4L. For all we know it could’ve been just as FANTASTIC as the other songs :creep:

This also reminds me of “jack I love these cords” which I don’t think we have a snippet for either but I’m not entirely sure about this one

Where did the title "Jack I Love These Chords' come from?

Where did we find Love Song title

From Shazam when it listens to the snippet fans were referring to as 'In Your Car'

Okay so hear me out, I always wonder this. You know how she sucks at describing how her music is gonna sound? We don’t have any actual solid snippets of Yosemite just that very loud & noisy part she sang. What if (and actually try to consider this) Yosemite isn’t as great as we all think it is & we’re suffering for nothing. Correct me if I’m wrong but it was gonna be on L4L. For all we know it could’ve been just as FANTASTIC as the other songs :creep:

Yeah but she also said Heroin is her fav track from LFL final and Heroin is literally one of her best songs. Her other favs from other albums were Terrence and Cruel World and fhey’re also amazing 

And other thing is she usually doesn’t wanna release her best songs because she’s a cunt.. I mean BAR? Your Girl? Wild One? She wants the best for herself.

Y'all starting to show signals of brain damage lmao where this Jack I Love These Chords coming from? Didn't she say that in an interview or whataver about some chords Jack was saving for a future project and she convinced him to use it for NFR? Y'all tripping 5d99f1f237721d5f8786e9c834e775629d3f1fa1

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

So the titles are real or not? I saw someone on ATRL saying that the final numbers of all the songs were totally random and not structured like every other songs on an album so I don't know who to trust :deadbanana:

8nl2OpX.png

So the titles are real or not? I saw someone on ATRL saying that the final numbers of all the songs were totally random and not structured like every other songs on an album so I don't know who to trust :deadbanana:

They're not official, which means they could be real or not. Someone not related to her label uploaded those titles, it could be some troll or an insider who has some tea and decided to spill it for us. Either way, we're only gonna find out when the good sis reveals the tracklist herself.

Y'all starting to show signals of brain damage lmao where this Jack I Love These Chords coming from? Didn't she say that in an interview or whataver about some chords Jack was saving for a future project and she convinced him to use it for NFR? Y'all tripping 5d99f1f237721d5f8786e9c834e775629d3f1fa1

it was on some fake tracklist that was posted a while back, i think people are just joking when they bring it up.. it would be a cool song title though

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Yeah but she also said Heroin is her fav track from LFL final and Heroin is literally one of her best songs. Her other favs from other albums were Terrence and Cruel World and fhey’re also amazing 

And other thing is she usually doesn’t wanna release her best songs because she’s a cunt.. I mean BAR? Your Girl? Wild One? She wants the best for herself.

wait do you really think BAR is one of her best?

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

They're not official, which means they could be real or not. Someone not related to her label uploaded those titles, it could be some troll or an insider who has some tea and decided to spill it for us. Either way, we're only gonna find out when the good sis reveals the tracklist herself.

Okay, thank you! I hope they're not, I'm not a fan of those titles, except Love Song that's kinda cute.

She also said that Coachella was one of her favorites after the release :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

Okay, thank you! I hope they're not, I'm not a fan of those titles, except Love Song that's kinda cute.

She also said that Coachella was one of her favorites after the release :tofunny:

Yeah and Change and White Mustang. She usually says “one of my favorites from the record” about most of her songs, but not “the best” 

wait do you really think BAR is one of her best?

Personally no, but I know many people that think so. Still a great song tho

Jack i love these chords could be a cute interlude or intro if she actually went in on the 'day in the life' theme. Think the strings of nashville / never let me go snippet. Live recording of jack just messing around, her saying jack i love these chords, then humming the melody for the next song before it fades in.

Anyways.

locals only

The fact she spoke so highly of Coachella makes me not trust any opinion she has about her own music anymore :lmao:

"What’s your favorite song on Lust for Life?

I like “Coachella,” actually. I put it in the song exactly the way I was thinking about it driving home. I love when I can do that. And for me, it was such a culmination of things: Seeing Father John Misty, being with his wife; realizing there was a real problem with North Korea, that it was an impending, bigger world problem. It was to the point where I did not want to go home after the festival. I stopped at this crazy place called Rim of the World Highway in Lake Arrowhead [California]. I sat there, went to the redwood grove, and really had a moment with myself."

A clown. Love her though. :eartha:

8nl2OpX.png

The fact she spoke so highly of Coachella makes me not trust any opinion she has about her own music anymore :lmao:

The fact she didn't say a peep about Hope makes me trust her opinions about her own music ner5OHt.gif