Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don't know if its the label's fault or her managers fault or her own fault but oh my god why are they so dumb? First they didn't send Doin' Time to the pop radios, which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen regarding a song promotion since DT is doing AMAZING on the Alternative and AAA radios so she really could've smashed and gotten herself a hit (probably her biggest since SS) but no they just decided to ignore pop radios. Then they waited six whole months just to release one week after Taylor Swift, which automatically will prevent her from debuting at #1. Honestly a bunch of clowns.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Anyone who purchased from Lana's store and has Photoshop, go check your downloads from your digital album. Mine had the PSD of the album cover and not the JPG, the only thing removable was the explicit tag, but the quality is still much better than what iTunes has. Plus it has both versions of the cover.

how do i check my downloads?

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

I think Lana really wanted to wait to release the poetry book first. Then her managers and interscope said: hold up.

We give you a lot of free rein, but this album has been done for six months. It's a grammy contender. People are losing interest.

You need to release it now.

Hence the ridiculous release date right behind taylor. And the no poetry book. And no box set.

Really besides the one picture that was taken for the cover Lana herself put absolutely no efford in this release at all.

I still really lover her, and buy everything she throws at me :)

Edited by hollywoodgirl

Damn, she really got me.

Just ordered:

LP (green)

LP (blue)

CD (explicit cover)

CD (HMV exclusive with poster)

Cassette (green)

Cassette (clear)

Anyone who purchased from Lana's store and has Photoshop, go check your downloads from your digital album. Mine had the PSD of the album cover and not the JPG, the only thing removable was the explicit tag, but the quality is still much better than what iTunes has. Plus it has both versions of the cover.

oop post a link

I don’t know if it’s been discussed (i’m On vacation with poor wifi and fewer connection opportunities), but could Yosemite have been reworked into California? After BAR making it on an official record and knowing they were both sister tracks, I can’t help but see parallels between Yosemite and California... If not, we’ll hear it some day I’m sure.

Hell, Bartender made the cut, i’m More than happy lol

California is 'Stronger"

ezgif-4-cd2d12053a.gif

Damn, she really got me.

Just ordered:

LP (green)

LP (blue)

CD (explicit cover)

CD (HMV exclusive with poster)

Cassette (green)

Cassette (clear)

damn are you made of money

It'll be in your email confirmation from the Lana store, it says "download here"

I dont have that link/text in my order confirmation email

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

I don’t know if it’s been discussed (i’m On vacation with poor wifi and fewer connection opportunities), but could Yosemite have been reworked into California? After BAR making it on an official record and knowing they were both sister tracks, I can’t help but see parallels between Yosemite and California... If not, we’ll hear it some day I’m sure.

Hell, Bartender made the cut, i’m More than happy lol

Hmm . . . I was writing a long post about how I didn't think so since Rick was the main co-writer and producer.

But Lana had a mini band phase with Zach Dawes the end if the year before LFL was released. So she could have written the song with him, loved it, and then shelved it before she worked on it with Rick.

I guess it would make sense since she said the tracks were Ying and Yang, so if BAR is on, maybe it is it? I guess we'll knows if we hear "we did it for fun..."

3lfQEhw.png