Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

But LDR was a "grown woman" then too. She's just older now and, like so many artists, has decided that she has to become 'relevant' and 'woke' to be taken seriously. This has happened to pop stars, especially female pop stars, since at least Marianne Faithfull in the 1960s. Some, like Tori Amos, started out singing about heavy issues, and just continued. I'm glad that Madonna, who I am not a great fan of, also went through this phase, was later able to drop all the seriousness and return to pure pop. 

She was a grown woman with a very carefully crafted image that was a mix between real and false interests, personality traits, etc. I don't think she's changed to try and become relevant- god knows she was relevant back in the btd and paradise days when she was still singing about daddies. I don't think she's trying to be woke either (cough cough, hillsong, cough cough churchome cough). She's got her own money and fame now and singing about having daddies and being put into movies by daddies and murdering towns with her daddy just isn't relevant to her now. Singing songs about men who think they're a lot cleverer than they are, or dealing with fame etc is. I've talked about how she's become someone else in a negative way before, but if she was still singing BTD-esque songs instead of songs that actually reflect her current situation I'd find it a lot less genuine tbh. 

locals only

Ok, if I live in the US, do I take off the 29th or the 30th off from work (considering the New Zealand release always explodes onto the internet)?

30th so you have a whole day to take in the beauty of her best album yet

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Ok, if I live in the US, do I take off the 29th or the 30th off from work (considering the New Zealand release always explodes onto the internet)?

both

giphy.gif

Um, no, I really think my blending of the cover art and the other blue painting is awful. :toofunny: Glad that you like it (a lot) more than I do, haha! :D

don't blend it

keep copying the parts of the sky and do paste and then blend the edges x

:smile3:

Do you work saturdays? If no, take the 30th so you can appreciate the album for three days straight non stop. If you do work on saturdays take whataver, but I'd still go for the 30th. Albums usually drop on NZ at midnight, which would be 12pm or something in the US so you'd only get 12 hours to appreciate the album before going to bed to go to work next day. If you take the 30th off you can wait for the album to drop at midnight US, listen to it, go to sleep, wake up and keep listening to it  :hooker:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Clamp if ya wanna set the forum on fire, would ya wanna make a version of this w the alt cover? :)))))

Um, I could try, but it’d be really hard for me with my limited photoshop skills. :B

don't blend it

keep copying the parts of the sky and do paste and then blend the edges x

I tried but it just wouldn’t look good :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I've taken the 30th off but now I'm thinking of taking the 29th as well

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

i'm glad someone else thinks it's gonna be her best

giphy.gif

both

Do you work saturdays? If no, take the 30th so you can appreciate the album for three days straight non stop. If you do work on saturdays take whataver, but I'd still go for the 30th. Albums usually drop on NZ at midnight, which would be 12pm or something in the US so you'd only get 12 hours to appreciate the album before going to bed to go to work next day. If you take the 30th off you can wait for the album to drop at midnight US, listen to it, go to sleep, wake up and keep listening to it  :hooker:

I've taken the 30th off but now I'm thinking of taking the 29th as well

I don't work Saturdays, no. But I have an hour commute to work - so maybe I'll just take off the 29th and then be able to listen again in the morning on Friday while driving with my moonroof open!

Why the flippity bitch ass fucking shitty fuckin fuck would u wanna fucking do that

edit: felt dirty. Sorry, ok but. X why z?

because i like having all the versions of her albums in my collection.

also because it may sound better. (like, cherry clean sounds better than regular cherry)

giphy.gif