Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana might not be woke woke, and she like most white Americans obviously views the past with rose colored glasses, but I think she genuinely cares and has good intentions. Her political songs aren’t just to showcase how much she cares about the issues, and that, I think, is precious and worth admiring.

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

I just have this to say. LFA was Lana’s most honest way of looking at what’s happening right now. In her post about the song, she even said she’s not a politician and isn’t trying to be. This was just what she might have needed to do for herself. Remember, a lot of times she releases music FOR HERSELF. Remember UV? I don’t think it’s un-genuine. I think that a lot of us are changing our views on guns (even if it just means more strict regulations to getting said guns vs. outright banning all automatic guns)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Regarding Poland (It won't let me quote y'all so I'll just leave it hanging here):

As I said gays have it really tough and tomorrow I'm going to another pride march (not even a full blown parade!) that will have rallies of antis. There's no denying that and I'm fighting homophobia just like any other person here. In terms of LGBT issues we have it real bad but if you're a lonely gay wandering around town minding your business you don't get beat up instantly by groups of antis.

GENERALLY as a day-to-day place to live it's really safe when you compare it to other countries - it's safe to walk in parks alone, no one's trying to rob you in public transport, rape culture isn't that prominent, women's rights are VERY strong here (we were given the right to vote in 1918! & lack of equal pay isn't the biggest issue), you don't get mobbed by strange dudes, you don't get raped in clubs when a friend loses you for a second. OF COURSE there are incidents, but GENERALLY people go about their business. No one's organizing mass shooting people just because.

Pride in Warsaw went by without bigger incidents, meanwhile Białystok where the anti rally happened is on the east of Poland where people are much less educated on the topic. I personally think it's good that it's given a platform for conversations about LGBT rights in Poland. Thanks to that it's a really big topic and we deserve that debate. Many people were injured but no one was killed thankfully.

TL;DR Social issues in Poland are crying for help but the nation 80% of the time is chill and you're safe. LGBT Antis are usually just talking loud but during gatherings yes it'll be nasty. But nobody dies yet.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I’m just really glad that the really cheap, GarageBand preset-esque trap beats (Coachella, In My Feelings, etc) are gone. I love when Lana dabbles with hip hop influences but I much prefer it when it’s produced properly with samples and depth and shit rather than sounding like some anonymous instrumental ripped off Soundcloud.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Lana might not be woke woke, and she like most white Americans obviously views the past with rose colored glasses, but I think she genuinely cares and has good intentions. Her political songs aren’t just to showcase how much she cares about the issues, and that, I think, is precious and worth admiring.

I don't personally find that precious or worth admiring, I see it as basic decency (that many celebrities happen to lack), but I definitely agree with the rest of your comment. She doesn't strike me as a malicious person at all; I do believe she's coming from a good place and has good intentions. I don't think she'd do something like that for pats on the back.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.