Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

WAIT GUYS

What if the weird effect when she says “turn the radio on, dancing to a pop song” & the fuh it’ll i luh you is meant to sound like that bc she’s trying to sound drunk & or high?? I think it would make sense considering how well spoken she usually is.

I am eating and had a bit too much wine. Born at the teet

oh i def think she's supposed to sound drunk or high. As the song goes on you can tell less and less what she's saying..

It's really interesting to me because I thought she was a recovered alcoholic? The lyrics make it seem like not anymore

oh i def think she's supposed to sound drunk or high. As the song goes on you can tell less and less what she's saying..

It's really interesting to me because I thought she was a recovered alcoholic? The lyrics make it seem like not anymore

Girl she’s been a drunk for a while

It's definitely her reputation, Witness, Britney Jean or whatever... Anyways we have her new greatest body of work to look forward too...

You mean her MDNA? Overbearing features and trend-chasing production (Roachella trap beats) that was dated on release? :hooker:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Yall are SO dramatic when it comes to LFL. Like its this horrendous mess.

Yes, because it is.

I'm much more bothered by the people putting MAC last or second last in their ratings. What crackheads you all are. :wtfney:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Girl she’s been a drunk for a while

haha i know but i thought she stopped. remember that story of when she woke up and she couldn't find her car and she was like "okay im gonna stop drinking." Did i dream this?

haha i know but i thought she stopped. remember that story of when she woke up and she couldn't find her car and she was like "okay im gonna stop drinking." Did i dream this?

No, but many alcoholics have relapses.

Anyone who seriously thinks sis hasn't touched alcohol or drugs in the past few years is a bigger crackhead than those putting MAC low in their ratings.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'm listening again all the songs we already have -including the last two leaked yesterday-. I'm getting a feeling that this may be her saddest record ever. FIILY is incredibly sad, and quite interesting because the chorus lyrics are upbeat and quite cheesy (the "fucking i love you part), so the music is. I think the weird synths on repeat along the song give it a quite dystopic and evasive feeling. It gives me a vibe such as the one DLMBM at the end of Honeymoon left me with: a huge aching hollowness inside. Quite similar to anxiety, actually.

The others are nearly on the same level: Venice Bitch is quite similar to FIILY, but the dystopic feeling is taken many levels further, so the lenght of the song. Incredibly beautiful, but comes to be so sad in the context of what we've heard. No need to reference HIADT when talking about the feelings it may rise. Mariners may be the only optimistic one we've heard so far. TG is her pretending to quit from music. Bartender sounds sad as fuck. How to Dissapear made me cry since the first snippet was shared on her IG feed. Cinnamon Girl also has a feeling to it as the world was collapsing. Anyone else is getting this views on what we've seen from the album?

This ain't the lfl post discussion thread but y'all are getting way out of hand calling LFL her Britney Jean or MDNA. LFL isn't as good as her other albums, but it still served up some gorgeous songs. The problem lies in the lack of cohesiveness and questionable production choices on some of the songs (not all). LFL is a cute album. It served up some iconic songs like Heroin, Cherry, Get Free, 13 Beaches, etc. It is not her "Britney Jean" or "MDNA", cause those albums were just full on EDM x Pop messes.

qfrWuBl.png

I'm listening again all the songs we already have -including the last two leaked yesterday-. I'm getting a feeling that this may be her saddest record ever. FIILY is incredibly sad, and quite interesting because the chorus lyrics are upbeat and quite cheesy (the "fucking i love you part), so the music is. I think the weird synths on repeat along the song give it a quite dystopic and evasive feeling. It gives me a vibe such as the one DLMBM at the end of Honeymoon left me with: a huge aching hollowness inside. Quite similar to anxiety, actually.

The others are nearly on the same level: Venice Bitch is quite similar to FIILY, but the dystopic feeling is taken many levels further, so the lenght of the song. Incredibly beautiful, but comes to be so sad in the context of what we've heard. No need to reference HIADT when talking about the feelings it may rise. Mariners may be the only optimistic one we've heard so far. TG is her pretending to quit from music. Bartender sounds sad as fuck. How to Dissapear made me cry since the first snippet was shared on her IG feed. Cinnamon Girl also has a feeling to it as the world was colliding. Anyone else is getting this views on what we've seen from the album?

Well we have an idea about ALL songs at this point...it does not seem like it will be sadder than UV was with songs like The Other Woman, Pretty When I Cry, Old Money, Cruel World and even the bitterness of Fucked My Way Up To The Top and Money Power Glory.

Well we have an idea about ALL songs at this point...it does not seem like it will be sadder than UV was with songs like The Other Woman, Pretty When I Cry, Old Money, Cruel World and even the bitterness of Fucked My Way Up To The Top and Money Power Glory.

The difference I found when it comes to UV narratives is that it seemed to be quite theatrical too (it was her second album, so she was still on the top of the creating-her-persona process). The production was huge -not in a bad way or meaning overproduced, I mean that it created very crafted atmospheres, it had a very wide sound-, so the thing exploded and Lana was there playing so many different roles. But in this case, I think it's just Lana trying to get her pieces together. There's no trail of the opulency of her previous sound. t's just her accompanied by very minimalistic and delicate music. She sounds so, so vulnerable. 

This ain't the lfl post discussion thread but y'all are getting way out of hand calling LFL her Britney Jean or MDNA. LFL isn't as good as her other albums, but it still served up some gorgeous songs. The problem lies in the lack of cohesiveness and questionable production choices on some of the songs (not all). LFL is a cute album. It served up some iconic songs like Heroin, Cherry, Get Free, 13 Beaches, etc. It is not her "Britney Jean" or "MDNA", cause those albums were just full on EDM x Pop messes.

I was meaning it in the sense of it's not her best work when compared to her other records.

agree, tho my point wasn’t to say that the production was like MDNA (it wasn’t) but it was messy and seemed more concerned with following trends ;; also am super manic so I don’t make any sense atm djsjhdsh

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

smh i went out and was so hoping there would be news but all i come home to was a damn instagram post of lana promoting another band THIS WOMAN  :defeated:

No, but many alcoholics have relapses.

Anyone who seriously thinks sis hasn't touched alcohol or drugs in the past few years is a bigger crackhead than those putting MAC low in their ratings.

I believe her when she says she hasn't done drugs.

giphy.gif

To enter this convo I don’t think she’s done drugs necessarily but I def think she has been drinking here and there. I can’t remember the interview, last album cycle, but she was asked about drinking and she did “no comment” and just the way she said it made me feel like she was implying she had started drinking. Idk why I want to say it was with Zane but she was kind of laughing when answering.

As for the album, this is def her most personal album to date. I def feel the sad girl introspection. Real and vulnerable! Totally here for it.

To enter this convo I don’t think she’s done drugs necessarily but I def think she has been drinking here and there. I can’t remember the interview, last album cycle, but she was asked about drinking and she did “no comment” and just the way she said it made me feel like she was implying she had started drinking. Idk why I want to say it was with Zane but she was kind of laughing when answering.

As for the album, this is def her most personal album to date. I def feel the sad girl introspection. Real and vulnerable! Totally here for it.

From leaked interview with Pitchfork maybe?