Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Hi, my first post :)

This album appears to be an absolute masterpiece! I don't disline any song! For me it's her best by far (end of supremacy of Ultraviolence)

I don't understand why Happiness is a butterfly is such a polarising song. I was anticipating it the most and I am not disappointed at all! It is so perfectly bitter-sweet, I feel touched every time I listen to it, cried couple of times. Can't wait for hq. Personally I think it is one of Lana's best songs ever, and maybe the best on the album, but there is also...

Fuck it I love you! Holy shit, the 30s snippet was sooo misleading. It is everything I wanted from Lana since West Coast (her best song in my opinion). And it has decent lyrics! The ending reminds me of God bless America, but better! Lana's lead singles are always so great!

The least favourite songs… Altought all are fine, I would say that Love song somehow similar to HIAB, but less emotional and with less interesting melody. And worse lyrics (personal opinion!). + Bartender and The Next Best American Record.

12 days left!

Cinnamon Girl is going to fucking snap in high quality. Jeeeeeez.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Y'all who are worried about Lana's sales need to wise up lol. She's gonna be fine. She's making more money than you probably ever will, leaks or not. Save your sycophantism and Stan Justice Warrior bullshit for independent artists who actually need the sales, or like give your $20 to some struggling gay in the Sudan instead of Lana.

I just wanna say . I was never going to buy the album. I was always goin to listen to the leak. You bet your ass the phone recorded leak went directly into my ears, and I loved it. I will also be downloading the HQ leak when it inevitably comes and will snicker under my breath at anyone buying this album. The music should be free

If Lana comes to me in a dream to chastise me, I'm not even going to respond . As for the capitalist stans whose sole purpose in life is protecting the wealth of the already wealthy who are hoarding wealth from those who need it: There's things I wanna say to you but I'll just let you live. The end

I decided months ago I wouldn't be buying it either. I refuse to spend my hard-earned money on things that don't give me joy. And it turns out I don't even like half the album so like...spend $15 why? For Duke Nicholson's mug and Lana's ugly neon jacket? I still feel only frustration when I think about this album. I feel genuine happiness when I play Born To Die. I was barely making ends meet when I bought the Deluxe version but I don't regret it. BTD & Paradise feel magical to me. I won't lie, I was disappointed in the Deluxe version of Ultraviolence, the packaging felt a bit cheap. But the music is out of this world. UV & Honeymoon mean so much to me, I felt like I had to have physical copies. Lust For Life was a bit on the meh side but I was like, might as well.... NFR though? This bitch has no place in my collection. A download is what she deserves.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Not to say Ben and Ed are the greatest (stream the song once it's available) but I think we don't really appreciate them. Things getting leaked, the waiting for the album, all the clownery this era. It's not really their fault. We can blame her label or the publishing platforms who didn't pay enough attention for the songs not to get posted on Google Play and YT, the distributors or UO (if she even got it from there) for sending the cassette and probably Lana for all the other choices like the lack of info and the endless wait.

Can you imagine being the manager of an artist signed to one of the biggest music label and have that artist come to you with a 10 minutes song that wants to put out as a lead single with some fucked up iPhone video recorded by her untalented sister? And then also have to deal with all the fans coming to your posts and tell you that you're not good at your job as if they had managed the career of stars as big as Lana or Dua Lipa...

Not to say Ben and Ed are the greatest (stream the song once it's available) but I think we don't really appreciate them. Things getting leaked, the waiting for the album, all the clownery this era. It's not really their fault. We can blame her label or the publishing platforms who didn't pay enough attention for the songs not to get posted on Google Play and YT, the distributors or UO (if she even got it from there) for sending the cassette and probably Lana for all the other choices like the lack of info and the endless wait.

Can you imagine being the manager of an artist signed to one of the biggest music label and have that artist come to you with a 10 minutes song that wants to put out as a lead single with some fucked up iPhone video recorded by her untalented sister? And then also have to deal with all the fans coming to your posts and tell you that you're not good at your job as if they had managed the career of stars as big as Lana or Dua Lipa...

alright ben, you can change your profile pic now. :smokeney:

I decided months ago I wouldn't be buying it either. I refuse to spend my hard-earned money on things that don't give me joy. And it turns out I don't even like half the album so like...spend $15 why? For Duke Nicholson's mug and Lana's ugly neon jacket? I still feel only frustration when I think about this album. I feel genuine happiness when I play Born To Die. I was barely making ends meet when I bought the Deluxe version but I don't regret it. BTD & Paradise feel magical to me. I won't lie, I was disappointed in the Deluxe version of Ultraviolence, the packaging felt a bit cheap. But the music is out of this world. UV & Honeymoon mean so much to me, I felt like I had to have physical copies. Lust For Life was a bit on the meh side but I was like, might as well.... NFR though? This bitch has no place in my collection. A download is what she deserves.

I appreciate how you always express yourself as you feel without apparent fear of reprisal. Your opinion are rarely polarized consistently, which is human. Keep being yourself.  

B-b-but......lAnA mUsT bE dEvAsTaTed :defeated:

y'all should see the fb stans acting like she's gonna lose her will to live bc of these leaks

'Lana Is Strong And Beautiful And RICH- But Even The Most Rich Of Us Lose Their Way Sometimes When Their Hearts Are Broken Because Of This  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:' *43 likes, hearts, sad reacts* 

locals only

I don’t blame them for the leaks, it’s how they handle the situation afterwards that is complete BS. Sometimes they handle it appropriately, like when Love was rush released after the leak. However, they have handled this album rollout in an utterly embarrassing way. They are doing absolutely nothing about this leak, and in the end is going to hurt the artist they are supposedly supposed to be managing. She could be gaining streaming numbers right now, but instead everyone is listening to leaks. They could do something about it... but.... *crickets*

Buying LFL but not NFR :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Exactly where I'm at. I won't spoil my memories with Honeymoon by allowing NFR anywhere near her. This is an album where I'll probably only save like 5 or 6 songs anyway. There have been albums where all songs are leaked and I listen to snippets non-stop and once it drops, I still listen to the album in full bc it's just that good. No matter Whatever Lana wrote to ruin TNBAR, this is just... Not that good.

The album should’ve been dropped on all streaming services immediately after the leak yesterday. The fact that her team didn’t is shocking. There’s no sense of control what so ever ffs.

At least if they wasn’t prepared to do that, they could’ve dropped the double MV as a tempted distraction along with TG/FILY singles.

A full album leakage is rare these days and luckily it was only two weeks before the LP was officially released. It could’ve been a lot worse. The 13 year old kid was to blame as well as her grandparents for giving her the cassette in the first place. (Supposedly the grandparents had a hand in making the cassettes). She was stupid and naive. But let’s not pretend that Ben and Ed are free from fault either. If they did there job properly it would not of fully leaked in the first place.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don’t blame them for the leaks, it’s how they handle the situation afterwards that is complete BS. Sometimes they handle it appropriately, like when Love was rush released after the leak. However, they have handled this album rollout in an utterly embarrassing way. They are doing absolutely nothing about this leak, and in the end is going to hurt the artist they are supposedly supposed to be managing. She could be gaining streaming numbers right now, but instead everyone is listening to leaks. They could do something about it... but.... *crickets*

We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes and I think we might be giving them more power than they might have. Let's not forget Lana's label also has a say on everything and it's not the first time they've decided to scrap something (UV original video for example). I think there must be a reason why they didn't release TG and FIILY

And about the album, I think just releasing an entire body of work just because some teenager recorded the album with some phone and posted them in really shitty quality won't make a huge impact

I'm buying the record, but the way these people are acting like she's going to be living on the streets without these sales are doing the most. BTD is the second longest charting female record. She will be fine

what's the first longest charting female record

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

You are making this decision based on a LQ iPhone recording? Seems a bit premature to me. Listening to an album in its full HQ glory can be a completely different experience.

But you do you.