Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

still no HQ leak? where is that billie stan located imma get her out of prison myself

yall on here "omg the sales :( " while that lil bitch is chilling on the bottom of her prison bunk bed listening to california in HQ

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

dont crucify me but Love song might be one of my least favorites on the album

I hate it. I can't begin to describe how disappointed I was. I loved the snippet and I thought for sure it would be one of my favorites. The melody is so dreamy. I expected so much more, which I realize now was my mistake. Never again lol. This shit sounds improvised. It's hard to believe she was working her ass off in the studio all these months when half these songs sound like she was freestyling over the instrumentals.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i bet she gave up one the album or whatever, that's why we didn't get it in March. she god fed up with us not giving her a break about it so she was like "oh for fucks sake" and just told chuck to grab the camera and jack to send her the files via gmail and threw the shit we asked for on album. it was SO SUSPICIOUS that we got all the songs - cinnamon, in your car, HIAB, california (all the snippets we heard) because I would bet that she would leave at least one or two behind. I was really surprised all the songs were there when i first saw the tracklist. I bet she was like "whatever, just put it on and get this over with." 

i know it's not true but this is how I feel about this era

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Maybe, but clearly not enough to swing him the $7k he's asking for to be able to finish his album. 

:omfg2:

Ngl, I was waiting for an anonymous $7k donation but I guess not :awk:

i bet she gave up one the album or whatever, that's why we didn't get it in March. she god fed up with us not giving her a break about it so she was like "oh for fucks sake" and just told chuck to grab the camera and jack to send her the files via gmail and threw the shit we asked for on album. it was SO SUSPICIOUS that we got all the songs - cinnamon, in your car, HIAB, california (all the snippets we heard) because I would bet that she would leave at least one or two behind. I was really surprised all the songs were there when i first saw the tracklist. I bet she was like "whatever, just put it on and get this over with." 

I think you're reaching. She clearly had the album 100% done in January and then added Doin Time and called it a day. I understand that she needed that year break and then a mini tour before the album drops and she goes touring again. She was doing so many things during that period with her friends and activities like surfing and getting that pilot thingy and sightseeing and sucking a dick etc.

Even if what you said is the case, I'm damn glad because NFR as a whole is FANTASTIC and I've been waiting for her to record something like that her whole career.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Nobody said anything. Jack said on Twitter they would come out at 12am that day and then quickly said it was a mistake and it would come "soon". Maybe they wanted to give some space between the singles and SOW/LFA? It was before the leaks, so...

Nobody said anything... however, Spotify began advertising both singles as early as Tuesday or Wednesday, Google Play released The Greatest Thursday and her own YouTube channel posted for a brief minute FIILY at midnight Friday. it's now safe to assume that both singles were set to be released last Friday and Saturday, but plans changed. 

Omg did I write this???

Jokes aside, I really agree with what you said. I find this era has to be the most lackluster (and I absolutely h****d Lust for Life when it came out, and I still have yet to be able to listen to that album from start to finish without skipping more than half of the song until I finaaaallyyy reach Get Free).

Born To Die, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon they rock my world, they are the holy trinity of albums! And I have collected vinyls and boxsets too and was glad to spend all that money on Lana. But I feel super conflicted, because I really wanted to love this album even though I knew from the get go that I would most likely dislike Jack's production, and I feel like I was spot on. I love how stripped down and more "natural" the album feels compared to the trap beats mess that is Lust for Life, but it feels dry as fuck and also super flat, even on The Greatest (which is a superb song to me) the instrumentals they just lack intensity, like they lack percussion idk.

I'm still looking forward to hear the actual songs in their HQ glory, but I'm not spending a dime on that nonsensical era, and that DIY cover (and like you too I cannot stand that ugly sweater and that nail color,) but the picture is still beautiful to me though. I love the mix of real photography and artsy painted blue skies.

That era was a mess from the beginning... the rest has just been dry af.

I really didn't expect so many songs to sound like concept demos, that one caught me off guard. But I knew from the get go I would be replacing the cover. The MAC/VB/HIAB/Hope/DT visuals thankfully prepared me quite well (I half expected a lq selfie). So I'll start with that. But I will have to edit the actual songs too, which honestly feels like too much work rn.

ok back again!

i really do not like hiab, it sounds like the snippet playing on a continuous loop and love song is a lil boring too, i think because it was hyped way too much - i admit that i played the snippet over and over though so that's probably why it seems kinda boring to me now lol it's my own fault

About Cinnamon Girl...

I think we can ALL agree she has the best outro, and you can hear rolling thunder too. A masterpiece luvs x

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana is erratic and unreliable when she is making a record for sure. It's a part of creation. However, there are a couple of things we can trust her on: when the record is done and she says a date multiple times (like she did in June and July), it happens. and like I said a million times already TO THE EXCEPTION OF ROSES BLOOM FOR YOU (WHICH SHE SAID WOULD NOT END UP ON LFL), ALL THE SONGS SHE TEASED WITH A SNIPPET ENDED UP ON AN ALBUM.