Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Isn't 2M in 24hrs her record, making this her biggest premiere? I read it somewhere on Twitter today.

Love MV holds a record - 4.3mln in a day and next is LFL with 3,9mln

giphy.gif

where can we find the fucking leak to NFR :)

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by Elle
Please do not request links to leaks of content set to be officially released.

They should have pushed The Greatest hard as the lead single, sent it to Adult Alternative radio, etc. It is genuinely a career-defining song and one that would easily get a Grammy nomination for Song of the Year or Record of the Year if promoted and pushed appropriately.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

They should have pushed The Greatest hard as the lead single, sent it to Adult Alternative radio, etc. It is genuinely a career-defining song and one that would easily get a Grammy nomination for Song of the Year or Record of the Year if promoted and pushed appropriately.

Not with the Kanye West namedrop.

Also, someone would have cared to give her a lawsuit for that song for copyright cause we all know that this song sounds familiar as heck.

giphy.gif

Love MV holds a record - 4.3mln in a day and next is LFL with 3,9mln

I was expecting way too much then. I would've never thought she only got 4.3M for Love the first day considering how many views it has now. I guess her songs gain more views with time unlike other artists who have big debuts but then don't get much more after a week or two

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Not with the Kanye West namedrop.

Also, someone would have cared to give her a lawsuit for that song for copyright cause we all know that this song sounds familiar as heck.

I genuinely don't see why the Kanye reference would stop it from getting acclaim or radio play; in 2019 he's hardly revered outside of his fanbase and his public image is tainted with erratic behaviour and controversies, only without the previously excellent output to mitigate it. It's an apocalyptic song about endings, hope, change, and culture, and the line doesn't feel gratuitous or tasteless in any way.

Also, I don't think its similar significantly to the Sam Smith song (if that's what you're referring to) - without getting into the debate about the state of lawsuits over chord progressions and melodies in the industry today.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

1. Lana Del Rey – “The Greatest”

“I’m wasted.” “Me and my friends, we miss rock ‘n’ roll.” “The culture is lit, and if this is it, I had a ball.” If you were to hear any of your friends drunkenly slur those words tonight, you would feel nothing but shame and pity and embarrassment. Lana Del Rey sings all of these lines on “The Greatest,” and she doesn’t just get away with them. She makes them sound like end-times profundities. Such is the power of Lana Del Rey in 2019. She can imply that the late Dennis Wilson is now in the place that the Beach Boys sang about on their most detested song — one that they recorded years after Wilson died. She can also follow up “Kanye West is blonde and gone” with “‘Life On Mars?’ ain’t just a song.” She can do anything. She’s a wizard.

“The Greatest” is a gauzy ballad about the apocalypse — about savoring all the memories of decadence you have accumulated, since you’re sure these will be the last memories of decadence that anyone gets to enjoy. That’s a hell of a burden for a song. But torch-crooning over Jack Antonoff’s funeral pianos and reverb-dazzled guitar-howls, she makes anxiety sound like acceptance. If that’s not a superhuman feat, I don’t know what is. –Tom

https://www.stereogum.com/2055837/the-5-best-songs-of-the-week-301/franchises/the-5-best-songs-of-the-week/

Acclaimed legend 

Poor FIILY though

I have no idea what Illuminati rituals she did, but they worked pretty damn good. I remember when Lana’s lyrics where constantly mocked and torn apart, even her most innocent and unassuming ones.

Yes, I luh ha: Lana Del Rey, “The Greatest” - Hands down, I think Lana’s new song “The Greatest” is one of the best pop songs released this year and possibly one of her best songs ever (in my heart, that title still goes to “Love.”) What I love about Lana’s music is despite its romantic references to the Beach Boys and Marilyn and Sylvia Plath, she writes timeless music, and “The Greatest” is truly timeless. The culture is lit. —Hazel Cills

https://themuse.jezebel.com/lana-del-reys-the-greatest-is-one-of-her-greatest-1837379627

Not every publication failing to acknowledge the other song's existence aside from 3 words here   :rip:

Does the chorus of The Greatest remind anyone else of "I Know I'm Not The Only One" by Sam Smith?

Lol this is funny because when that song came I joked that it sounded like something off of Paradise. I honestly hadn't thought about that until now. I do think there is some subtle similarity.

Also the first few times I listened to the chorus of Fuck it I love you my brain was just playing the bridge to 24

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Lol this is funny because when that song came I joked that it sounded like something off of Paradise. I honestly hadn't thought about that until now. I do think there is some subtle similarity.

Also the first few times I listened to the chorus of Fuck it I love you my brain was just playing the bridge to 24

Same I think they have a similar tempo with 24

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Any similarity to the s*m sm*th song is automatically cancelled out because he sang that completely unmemorable song for the James Bond movie when it should have been Lana. and he fucking sucks.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

https://twitter.com/andyandthedevi1/status/1165020362880507906?s=19

A comparison of The Greatest with I Know I'm Not The Only One, opinions?

Hearing them side by side makes me realize they dont even sound that similar. They’re like kinda similar but it’s not enough to say she copied it or even got inspired by it.

qfrWuBl.png

https://twitter.com/andyandthedevi1/status/1165020362880507906?s=19

A comparison of The Greatest with I Know I'm Not The Only One, opinions?

NONSENSE. Stop spreading that negative mess.

Any song can be compared to another if you look hard enough. The songs are different songs.

The Greatest is one of her best songs ever and I will NOT have you try to tarnish that.