Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

1. Lana Del Rey – “The Greatest”

“I’m wasted.” “Me and my friends, we miss rock ‘n’ roll.” “The culture is lit, and if this is it, I had a ball.” If you were to hear any of your friends drunkenly slur those words tonight, you would feel nothing but shame and pity and embarrassment. Lana Del Rey sings all of these lines on “The Greatest,” and she doesn’t just get away with them. She makes them sound like end-times profundities. Such is the power of Lana Del Rey in 2019. She can imply that the late Dennis Wilson is now in the place that the Beach Boys sang about on their most detested song — one that they recorded years after Wilson died. She can also follow up “Kanye West is blonde and gone” with “‘Life On Mars?’ ain’t just a song.” She can do anything. She’s a wizard.

“The Greatest” is a gauzy ballad about the apocalypse — about savoring all the memories of decadence you have accumulated, since you’re sure these will be the last memories of decadence that anyone gets to enjoy. That’s a hell of a burden for a song. But torch-crooning over Jack Antonoff’s funeral pianos and reverb-dazzled guitar-howls, she makes anxiety sound like acceptance. If that’s not a superhuman feat, I don’t know what is. –Tom

Acclaimed legend 

Poor FIILY though

I listened to California and Bartender...

holy shit these two are great. I can’t even imagine the heart attack I’ll get when hearing them in high quality. I’m gonna listen to them one more time and delete them. I refuse to listen to the whole album though since How to Disappear didn’t leak and that would drive me mad. Anyway, idek how I’ll pick favourites when the album comes out because everything I’ve heard so far is overwhelmingly beautiful.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

So is livestream the new red party dress, pale moonlight, mid july, summertime or.....

Also boulevard too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I know this sounds made up but I beg you to trust me when I say that I, a resident in a tiny town in this small country, once saw a middle aged woman drive a convertible in the opposite direction of the one way street I live in, full speed, while blasting In My Feelings through the speakers. It couldn't be from a radio station, she's probably the only other stan around. I feared her, but I also welcome her as my future self.

a brave soldier she is 

1. Lana Del Rey – “The Greatest”
“I’m wasted.” “Me and my friends, we miss rock ‘n’ roll.” “The culture is lit, and if this is it, I had a ball.” If you were to hear any of your friends drunkenly slur those words tonight, you would feel nothing but shame and pity and embarrassment. Lana Del Rey sings all of these lines on “The Greatest,” and she doesn’t just get away with them. She makes them sound like end-times profundities. Such is the power of Lana Del Rey in 2019. She can imply that the late Dennis Wilson is now in the place that the Beach Boys sang about on their most detested song — one that they recorded years after Wilson died. She can also follow up “Kanye West is blonde and gone” with “‘Life On Mars?’ ain’t just a song.” She can do anything. She’s a wizard.

“The Greatest” is a gauzy ballad about the apocalypse — about savoring all the memories of decadence you have accumulated, since you’re sure these will be the last memories of decadence that anyone gets to enjoy. That’s a hell of a burden for a song. But torch-crooning over Jack Antonoff’s funeral pianos and reverb-dazzled guitar-howls, she makes anxiety sound like acceptance. If that’s not a superhuman feat, I don’t know what is. –Tom

Acclaimed legend 

Poor FIILY though

:flutter:

Hey everyone - sorry, off topic. Is anyone French here or has anyone managed to get the pre sale code for the show in Paris? I bought the album but I think I bought it from the wrong store and now I don’t have a pre sale code for the show in Paris. If any of you are planning on buying early entries can you please give me a shout? I would really appreciate it

im not french and live nowhere near anywhere she is having a show (god hates the midwest) but 

bonjour

Hey everyone - sorry, off topic. Is anyone French here or has anyone managed to get the pre sale code for the show in Paris? I bought the album but I think I bought it from the wrong store and now I don’t have a pre sale code for the show in Paris. If any of you are planning on buying early entries can you please give me a shout? I would really appreciate it

Is it the same code they were sending to our email before the other shows? Mine is unused, if you want it, PM me! :)

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I really want to get the glittery cassette, do y'all know any way to get it outside the UK? and also, if Annie premiers NFR on Tuesday, will the quality be pretty bad? it's an online stream so it shouldn't be thaat bad right?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I really want to get the glittery cassette, do y'all know any way to get it outside the UK? and also, if Annie premiers NFR on Tuesday, will the quality be pretty bad? it's an online stream so it shouldn't be thaat bad right?

i know that there r sellers on depop from the uk that will buy them and send them when they're released!

Cassete: you can have it reshipped from her original UK store! Just use a service that ships it to a UK warehouse first, and then they forward it to you. But it might be quite pric$y.

NFR: the BBC website seemed to have pretty good audio quality for me! At least it won't be a phone record from a K7.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

There are services with UK addresses that will ship it to you for an extra cost :) someone in here should know, if not figuring out what to google shouldn't be too hard

locals only

still cannot believe lana actually put 

"you act like a kid even though you stand six foot two"

in a song what an honest legend