Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just came back from College for Labour Day weekend, and Terrence Loves You came on shuffle... omg

giphy.gif

TLY came on when I was in the bath on my (waterproof) phone a few months ago, I was hashtag in my feelings and decided to hear the bridge underwater, so i put the phone and my head underwater with the song blasting before realizing I'd dropped the phone multiple times and the cracks in it meant it broke despite it being waterproof  :toofunny:  an appropriate song to kill a phone to

locals only

so yall want to do this a couple of days after the album is released?

someone said we should start a thread thats a good idea

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

fav lana album and why it's so important to you?

i honestly feel like she was the soundtrack to every single crush/heartbreak/depressive episode during my twenties and what i find fascinating is how it's felt like i've grown up alongside each release since 2011 (i am now 30)

my favourite is ultraviolence, however i feel i appreciate honeymoon now in this way i didn't when it first came out. like.. i can see how mature that record was and i feel that was why i just didn't appreciate it how i should've at the time (not suggesting it's that way for anyone else who doesn't like it). i get so much more out of it now 

born to die/paradise came out just after my first long, serious relationship ended when i was 21 and although it has a special place in my heart, i feel like it's a nihilistic, funloving, more naive record in comparison to her others - and that's pretty much exactly who i was at the time. i don't find it anywhere near as relatable as i did, but i do and will forever love so many of those songs 

lust for life i can take or leave but again.. memories of me and my friend listening to it together when it first came out and us having a little cry. the video for 'love' came out around the time i had this new crush and it fitted perfectly how i felt, i remember the excitement of it

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

im actually so sad about this thread ending ive been here since january i don't know what im gonna do with my free time now

Don't worry, cutie: We'll fight and argue in the post-release thread and six months from now, she will tease a snippet from a song that will out in 2021. So plenty of fun left in store :D 

wRs4sMm.jpg

I HAVE LIVED TO SEE THIS

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Already on my Spotify. Ready to give my first legal listen to it.

Can't believe this moment has arrived  :defeated:  :defeated:

listening to this masterpiece legally is a whole new different experience believe me sis :defeated:

the jingle bells in how to disappear are hilarious and horrendous at the same time... what were they thinking? way to ruin a song with amazing lyrics  :facepalm:

i'm keeping that song for when i'm depressed, it just sends me cackling :lmao:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Remember how precious these moments are guys. You only experience a first listen once. Enjoy <33

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

since I wanna get this thread to at 4000, I'll ask this here:

what are the odds of Mertens' AKA leaking in full?

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by Elle
Please do not encourage spamming the NFR Pre-Release thread

giphy.gif