Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lol

My next post will be my 1000th here

and it must be about dick

Lana I love you

but I love dick more

smth

Mood

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I came to hang my head in shame (and brag a little). I just met Tom in the French Quarter in New Orleans! He was really really nice and talked about how happy they are to be playing the fest and Venice Bitch and MAC. Then he said be quiet about the setlist lmao.

But I was a little shooketh and forgot to ask about the album SORRY LADIES!!

You had one job!!!  :bye2: (JK, I probably would have been too shy to ask and he probably wouldn't have spilled anything anyway <3)

I only try to write on this thread when there's something positive to add.

Here's a couple things. 

Lana has put more music out over the last 8 years than most artists, with something new every year.  

As many fans of hers from the beginning, I've liked each record since the Born to Die/Paradise/Tropico era a little less each time.  Ultraviolence had to grow on me, but I love it now.  Honeymoon was a slow burn, but I also love it now.  I love about half of Lust for Life, and I don't see that changing much.  And I can't say I love any of the three new single.  BUT - it does seem like Lana's got a whole new vibe/journey happening... so maybe these little breaks from social media content will give her a chance to reconnect with her muse and have her bringing us her best music yet.

As much as I would love a new album ASAP - the girl's done a lot of work over the last decade and deserves all the time she needs to bring us another masterpiece.  Her quote about Lust for Life being "for the fans" couldn't have been more true.  Half those songs felt like they were written just to be sing-a-longs at the concerts.  I'm ready for another deep album.  It doesn't have to be dark like Paradise or Honeymoon, but I don't need any more of her broad social statement songs.  Anyways... this got kind of rambly.  

My main point is - I'm hoping this silence will lead to her best music yet.  But either way, she deserves a break from all us stans if she needs it.

26vMNDz.gif

This would never happen but I would love for lana to collab with mitski! I feel like mitski brings uv vibes and AMAZING lyrics 

I love Lana SO MUCH but Mitski it's just... another level you know? Lana is a genious when it comes to lyrics and stuff but Mitski is something else idk how to explain, but I'd like a collab too!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I love Lana SO MUCH but Mitski it's just... another level you know? Lana is a genious when it comes to lyrics and stuff but Mitski is something else idk how to explain, but I'd like a collab too!

Mitski's on the record loving lana so I agree with you but I think she would be in. The reason I think it's unrealistic is I kinda doubt lana knows who she is

I think they're equally talented, but explore very different subject matter. 

I think they're equally talented, but explore very different subject matter. 

I think lana's more aesthetically talented but mitski is a better lyricist. But I do think they explore really similar subject matters sometimes I really hear lana influence Mitski's lyrics

Unpopular Opinion:

I want another Burnt Norton-type interlude on NFR

no pls bc i want more songs than her just talking. maybe she can record an audiobook of her poetry instead

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

no pls bc i want more songs than her just talking. maybe she can record an audiobook of her poetry instead

omg with beautiful production like Burnt Norton

I think I just c*me

negAbhB.png

omg with beautiful production like Burnt Norton

I think I just c*me

my ears would orgasm so hard unnnnFFFFFFF

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Mitski's on the record loving lana so I agree with you but I think she would be in. The reason I think it's unrealistic is I kinda doubt lana knows who she is

she probably knows tbh, mitski performed at the Jack's festival too

I’m buying my Mitski concert tickets tmr and as i was listening to this song earlier i thought the same exact thing! She is other worldly and her sound is amazingly unique. I dream of Lana having her open on her next tour

giphy.gif

A quick P.S. Tom told me they were being VERY (my emphasis) strict about the hour set. I thought that was cool they (she?) still want to do VB. 10 minutes out of a 60 minute fest setlist is pretty daring. Bring it!

Mitski opening for Lana = just kill me ladies!

not impossible!! if grimes opened for her then she could for sure

giphy.gif