Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I really don’t think it’s the label or billie’s upcoming release. The “who knows when it’s coming” part could be due to the poetry book. It’s more possible that it’s taken this long because of Lana’s laziness this era (the original album cover that’s possibly going to be reshot/the vague and confusing updates) and the damn time it’s taking to finish the poetry book. Yes, Lana may not be able to trash talk her label, but she’s been vocal about her frustrations if something doesn’t go her way during an album process in previous interviews. The woman isn’t even bothering to give the same effort in updates, so that should be enough to tell us Lana is comfortable atm. They ended up letting her release Venice Bitch- a 10 minute song. I think they know by now that she isn’t a “mainstream” artist, but she still brings in good money for them all these years because of her strong fan base.

She desactivated the comments again, I think she really doesn't want us to ask anything about the album

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

if her friends make her happy then I don't really see the problem. obviously they wouldn't turn down flying in a private jet cause who would. just because they're basic white girls doesn't make them leeches

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

That would make everything worse. Artists post their album cover to create some hype around the release, and since she doesn't know when it will be released it would be like her giving us false hope that the album is coming soon when it could take like 5 months and also could be a miss opportunity of small promo.

I mean...she gave us three songs already so she might as well drop the cover

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i don’t think it’s appropriate for us to judge her friend group, we literally know nothing about how they met, what their relationship is like, or anything. Let’s leave them out of it, especially if they make Lana happy lol. I know i’ve said some stuff but it’s more as a joke than to be serious as some of you have been.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Y'all need to understand that her job is DONE. She went there, recorded and produced the songs, helped with the mastering and delivered the project to Interscope. There's nothing she can do other than wait for them to give the project green light and set a date. IF they refuse to release the album then she can take the whole thing and release by herself as a mixtape or whataver, but I don't think that's the case... yet.

well I’m sure she can just say... I don’t know when it’s coming yet but will let you guys know, Like she must know if its this year or a rough idea. That isn’t bad mouthing her label surely.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

oh my god all these girls on lana's ig seem so fake it's repulsive... what is she even doing with them??? she really looks like the odd one in these Polaroids.. poor girl

I feel really bad for her cause I can see the signs that she wants to find her people badly and that she feels lost and will grab hold of anyone who gives her attention. I used to be like that once upon a time and I had like 5 different friend groups in a matter of 4 years and by the looks of it Lana has been doing the same so I wish her luck and hope they drop her soon, because we all know they're going to have a falling out. Those girls literally scream situational friends

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

i don’t think it’s appropriate for us to judge her friend group, we literally know nothing about how they met, what their relationship is like, or anything. Let’s leave them out of it, especially if they make Lana happy lol. I know i’ve said some stuff but it’s more as a joke than to be serious as some of you have been.

literally this

yall act as if every non-celeb person whos friend with a celebritiy is a leech

image.png

well I’m sure she can just say... I don’t know when it’s coming yet but will let you guys know, Like she must know if its this year or a rough idea. That isn’t bad mouthing her label surely.

What I don't understand is if she doesn't want to wait for Interscope she can literally use tunecore or another service to put out the album without Interscope and it'll still be on her Spotify and iTunes page and she can set the pricing and she'll actually be paid more seeing as Interscope will be cut out of the loop. As for promotion, she can just get Ben to book a couple interviews, do a couple live tv performances and Interscope will literally shit themselves because they'll regret not greenlighting it. Gotta fight the man!

What I don't understand is if she doesn't want to wait for Interscope she can literally use tunecore or another service to put out the album without Interscope and it'll still be on her Spotify and iTunes page and she can set the pricing and she'll actually be paid more seeing as Interscope will be cut out of the loop. As for promotion, she can just get Ben to book a couple interviews, do a couple live tv performances and Interscope will literally shit themselves because they'll regret not greenlighting it. Gotta fight the man!

none of this makes any sense, it starts with lana being contractually obliged to release her album with interscope

image.png

Interscope better be okay with this album because i can't see Lana taking any notes or going back to the studio to redo things. If the label rejects the album as it currently is, we're probably not getting it. 

They need to call Adele's producer again to come in and say it's perfect. 

none of this makes any sense, it starts with lana being contractually obliged to release her album with interscope

You realize there's a hand full of artists who have self released their shelved albums all while being under contract, right.... Unless Lana signed over all the rights of her music to Interscope, then she's a dumb bitch and deserves it

I feel really bad for her cause I can see the signs that she wants to find her people badly and that she feels lost and will grab hold of anyone who gives her attention. I used to be like that once upon a time and I had like 5 different friend groups in a matter of 4 years and by the looks of it Lana has been doing the same so I wish her luck and hope they drop her soon, because we all know they're going to have a falling out. Those girls literally scream situational friends

I honestly think 95% of it is the fact she’s famous which is why they’re hanging with her. But if these are ‘her people’ yikes. I think I’d rather it be Bikers and sugar daddies.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I honestly think 95% of it is the fact she’s famous which is why they’re hanging with her. But if these are ‘her people’ yikes. I think I’d rather it be Bikers and sugar daddies.

They just seem so hollow. And to those saying "let's not judge Lana's friends they make her happy"

1. It's a forum.... opinions are cash here....

2. Just because people make you happy doesn't mean they're good people...

3. Some of us have higher emotional quotient and can sense when people are trash, I'm sorry if you lack that attribute and hope you work on it. Also funny enough, there's one person here speaking on the subject that I've personally seen eat through three friend groups in the last three years... Very strange... :umadney:

What do you guys think they're conversations are like...'cause I can't really imagine them talking to each other about common interests as a friend group, i don't know why

Well, never mind, they must be talking about growing  herbs, hillsong shows and ariana grande songs. Oh and men

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***