Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I can't imagine there being issues with the label regarding the album. Even if they don't love it, they must know what working with Lana is like by now, and the music that's been released so far is the most critically acclaimed of her career, regardless of if they personally like it or not. 

Honeymoon never really had any Radio type songs so it's not like they've not released an album like that before. Love and LFL I felt were songs made for radio though so maybe they now want a couple of songs like that for every album as they're pretty successful songs - I heard them on the radio once or twice each and on Spotify they are the top 2 songs off that album by a distance, they have more than double the plays of any other LFL song.

I like living in fantasy so my vote is for surprise release  :hooker:

Roll on next week, if Miss Ferreira is releasing it's got to be a sign. 

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

So now that we decided it’s a surprise release, I can’t wait for the album to drop! Billie’s coming Friday March 29th so this month there’s just March 22nd left!! NFR is coming Friday 12pm Eastern time - which means it’s coming in just a few hours. Wow im so excited  :party:  :party:  :party:

Okay so imma go into detail about the possibilities of it being a surprise release vs label issues:

Surprise release:

- Lana is unpredictable so maybe she woke up one day and thought "fuck it let's just get it out of the way", because if it's a surprise release then she doesn't have to do as much promo beforehand.

- Lana and Ben could have just been detering us by saying they don't know shit about the release blah blah blah. Keep in mind Ben said to a fan via IG that good music takes time, and just yesterday Lana said it was finished. Hmm.....

- Also she's focusing on her book right now and I feel like she'll just drop NFR whenever because I remember her saying she wants to 'just put it out there' willy nilly

Label issues:

- If they don't think it's public friendly, they probably told Lana to hold off on releasing it for whatever reason. But then again she released UV which ended up being a success so why would they have a problem with Lana making the music she wants now?

- Maaaaybe she might have had some legality issues with using Norman's name on the record. Who knows.

But honestly I'm leaning more towards it being a surprise release. Obviously we know an abum is coming, but maybe she's not telling us when because she's quirky that way and probably wants to do things differenty.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So now that we decided it’s a surprise release, I can’t wait for the album to drop! Billie’s coming Friday March 29th so this month there’s just March 22nd left! It means NFR is coming Friday 12pm Eastern time - which means it’s coming in a few hours. Wow im so excited  :party:  :party:  :party:

we love an optimist!

Surprise releases are better when you dont even know about the album though, if they were doing that they probably would never have confirmed an album and just left us wondering if something was going to happen - that would have been great.

Surprise releases are better when you dont even know about the album though, if they were doing that they probably would never have confirmed an album and just left us wondering if something was going to happen - that would have been great.

I mean… general public dont know shit about her album anyway  :hooker:  any of ~fAn SiNgLeS~ didnt even chart on bbh100

i love the idea of a surprise album but nothing Lana does stays a secret since people LOVE leaking her shit

It would get ruined so fast

Agree, Lana sells too much albums to do it I think. I don't think they would release her album without actual albums to sell at the same time and if albums were being printed etc it would be leaked.

i guess a surprise album doesnt make sense bc we already know a lot about it but idk... she couldve changed so much since january!! it doesn't overall have to be a surprise ig it could just be a surprise release.

Hopefully early April

one can dream...

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

are there any lipsters out there who are talented lip-readers who can decipher what Lana is saying at around 2:17 in the MAC video? 

probs an unheard part of HIAB?

I dont know if any part of HIAB is unheard at this point lmao

Didn't you consider that maybe it's interscope holding the album back and that is why SHE doesn't know when it will come out? It happens to lots of artists.

Which happened for UV too. I could see this holding credibility

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole