Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i have to agree, she really should get back to singing on her own. idk it felt more raw and intimate. now that her dancers are there she focuses more on dancing than singing which is literally why ppl come to see her. now that she makes the crowd sing more often, the public lowkey sings more than her lol...

videos speak more than words, just check out the difference.

Lana singing OTTR in 2012 :

Lana singing OTTR in 2018 :

(the bridge in here dear GOD, i get that she sang it during the end of the show and that she was tired and shit but still... maybe she should sing it in the beginning of the show?)

That 2018 performance was painful

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Are you THAT dense? They obviously meant live, it is easier to record in studio where it can be edited and redone and put effects on. That was also five years ago

Why are you being such a bitch to someone who’s just asking a simple question. Go get a life lol

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

i have to agree, she really should get back to singing on her own. idk it felt more raw and intimate. now that her dancers are there she focuses more on dancing than singing which is literally why ppl come to see her. now that she makes the crowd sing more often, the public lowkey sings more than her lol...

videos speak more than words, just check out the difference.

Lana singing OTTR in 2012 : https://youtu.be/LcaWkrEn8Os

Lana singing OTTR in 2018 :

https://youtu.be/XmK2JcGT9hA

(the bridge in here dear GOD, i get that she sang it during the end of the show and that she was tired and shit but still... maybe she should sing it in the beginning of the show?)

She also sang it at the end of the 2012 show in the clip you shared and I think she did fine. Some people might not agree, but even though she was more shy back then, it’s still more energetic than now. I think it’s all the unnecessary dancing that added to the breathlessness and skipping a lot of lyrics in the 2018 performance.

@ I mean, sorry I didn't know the true facts, it was just an impression.It seems that in her first pwyc performances from the LA to the moon tour she could sing it so great and you could hear her loud and clear and she looked almost effortless singing that part, and by the end of the tour, including the lollapallooza performance in Brazil, she was struggling so hard, you could see it in the body language. She was pretty much pushing herself and contrary, you couldn't even hear her that well. It seemed confusing. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

@@UltraHeroin I think the best example would be Ariana Grande vs Aretha Franklin tbh! I love Ariana to death but there has been a dramatic change in her tone and abilities, she's still an AMAZING vocalist, but for the past couple of years her range in terms of highest notes has gone down when belting. Mind you she can still use whistle tone which is a completely different register, but that doesn't mean she isn't slowly but surely losing her voice from her overuse of being nasally and almost constantly singing in a falsetto (Mariah is the perfect example that has shown even if you lose your head voice belting abilities you could still use your whistle register because it's just your vocal chords being tightly pressed together) Now look at Aretha, she literally BELTED like no one could and kept her voice well into her 70s. It sounds weird, but when you sing in a lighter tone like Lana or Ariana, you're doing more damage and taking more from voice. Hope this kinda sheds some light! This is a diss to no singer I love all the ones I listed so no one fight me! :thumb3:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

You do realize the more breathy, nasally, airy, and more head tone she uses, the more she won't be able to sing right? Why do you think Britney, Whitney and Mariah all lost their voices? I mean mind you Britney and Whitney were also smokers, but all three had unhealthy singing habits by always either using falsetto, being breathy, or being nasally and using head voice. Now Brit Brit can't even sing (still love her tho) Mariah can't even hit a proper C5 (she used to go as high as like an F7 I'm pretty sure) and Whitney almost couldn't hold a note in the end of the career. It just sucks all these artists pick up bad habits to sound different instead of singing properly and using a mix of everything. I haven't heard Lana belt or properly sing since like 2013 and I don't want my girl to lose her voice :poordat:

Lana's way of singing is actually way more healthy now than before. And she belted super great notes in her lastest tour, while supporting them. Her belts have never been better technically. On another hand, her head voice got weaker with time.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Lana's way of singing is actually way more healthy now than before. And she belted super great notes in her lastest tour, while supporting them. Her belts have never been better technically. On another hand, her head voice got weaker with time.

I don't know actually, I'd say her rendition of Heart Shaped Box she sang live was honestly one of her best belts yet! The most recent things I've seen from her she only sang about 50%, the rest were slut drops (pardon my term it's 2019 and I still dunno what they're called :deadbanana:) if you can send me some recent videos though, I'd be very thankful :poordat: also someone needs to do a comparison video of her singing songs in 2012 vs 2019. I feel like we're the only fandom who doesn't do that

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I don't know actually, I'd say her rendition of Heart Shaped Box she sang live was honestly one of her best belts yet! The most recent things I've seen from her she only sang about 50%, the rest were slut drops (pardon my term it's 2019 and I still dunno what they're called :deadbanana:) if you can send me some recent videos though, I'd be very thankful :poordat: also someone needs to do a comparison video of her singing songs in 2012 vs 2019. I feel like we're the only fandom who doesn't do that

she was phenomenal at the ally coalition show

so i think her lazy vocals are due to her trying to dance (lol) and not wanting to be there

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Her belting technique was awful before :/ Her tone wasn't the best either because of that. Now even though she's not Mariah Carey (because yes, she can still support notes and resonate), she can produce a way more open and supported sound. Look at her live performances of TLY (Barcelona and Madrid), or PWYC (Belgium). She doesn't support perfectly but you can clearly hear a big difference between those belts and how she was doing Million Dollar Man or Heart Shaped Box back in 2013

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

y'all im legit freaking out, like today is the day we're gonna hear MAC live for the very first time, like those first piano chords and the first fucking verse like JESUS!

im legit getting butterflies 

if the gays dont record it in HD i swear 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Are you THAT dense? They obviously meant live, it is easier to record in studio where it can be edited and redone and put effects on. That was also five years ago

i was genuinely asking, dickhead. i didn't understand how she could do it in a studio when she sucks at it live.

giphy.gif

Yeah I'm more annoyed at the setlist itself, sooooooooooo tired of BTD being the only record she seems to care about

it's the only album that got her anything she's gonna milk it baby

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

There’s a lot of hate for her recent performances going on. I saw her in April last year on the LA to the moon tour and she was pretty damn good, she did various variations and interesting vocal runs and sounded great. Less playback would have been nice, but at least that night it generally worked out well. I’ve seen a lot of videos from the tour and they’re generally pretty good, but Lollapalooza was definitely weak for whatever reason.

The backup dancers are a bit pointless....

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

y'all im legit freaking out, like today is the day we're gonna hear MAC live for the very first time, like those first piano chords and the first fucking verse like JESUS!

im legit getting butterflies 

if the gays dont record it in HD i swear 

And Venice Bitch with more than just a piano  :defeated:

There’s a lot of hate for her recent performances going on. I saw her in April last year on the LA to the moon tour and she was pretty damn good, she did various variations and interesting vocal runs and sounded great. Less playback would have been nice, but at least that night it generally worked out well. I’ve seen a lot of videos from the tour and they’re generally pretty good, but Lollapalooza was definitely weak for whatever reason.

The backup dancers are a bit pointless....

I don't think people hate her performances, but hate what she's performing. I saw her last year too and she was amazing, her vocals were pretty good (better than on video, you can REALLY listen her voice when you're there) but the setlist was ok at best. If she came back to my country with a similar setlist I wouldn't pay for a ticket because the point of an artist going on tour after an album release is to promote that one album and showcase the songs live. She has been doing the Born To Die Tour for the past four albums and I'm not here for that.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains