Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

If that photoshoot with Steven is for V mag I’m assuming the issue is coming in next 1-2 months and it’ll be an official opening for this era. I mean some big photoshoot with a detailed interview about the album. That’s the only logical thing to do.

well, since Lana said NFR was finished but she "has no idea" when the record will be released,

do you all think she has already been thinking/writing the record to follow NFR?

I really wonder why there's not release date yet, like what was the point of making an album that you recorded months ago if you don't know when will the album be released yet?

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I don't get why she can't release the tracklist if the album is finished? like are there some label issues with that?

If she spills more things we'll get excited and think that the album is coming sooner than it realistically will so she has her hands tied I assume.

I know we're all dying for info but at the same time we're mad at her for dropping MAC and VB so early into the process you feel me?

It's a lose-lose situation

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

low budget is no excuse for bad visuals. even no budget is no excuse. she just doesn't care about visuals anymore, or her taste has changed and genuinely doesn't want good visuals anymore. not all artists do and i respect that, but it would be nice if she made a point to talk about it in an interview or something so that we wouldn't keep waiting for the gorgeous visuals she used to be known for. to me it's a matter of knowing where we stand. she's allowed to change as a person, even do a complete 180, it's her life & her art. i just wish she'd let us know what's going on so that we know what to expect.

Well I see it more, this time around, that she wants the era to be about what she likes in the music. A super minimal era following a bigger one with bigger visuals and such. I don’t mind if that era is not as spectacular as the other ones. The next one will probably be bigger. I just wonder if it’s a little too soon when people say « she doesn’t care about visuals anymore »... LFL did serve spectacular visual videos (just not always for the right songs) after all. True, her heart sure ain’t into visuals this time around. But to state that she doesn’t care anymore, we’ll have to see what the next one brings. Now, it’s too soon to judge, i think.

my interpretation of this whole album is that it was set for a march release back in december when she claimed it was done, i think ben disliking the cover really fucked something up and as revenge she released the most non-radio friendly song ever (hope) with a selfie cover lol. blah blah interscope was annoyed made her record some more shit she was annoyed recorded more *fuck you* songs and now they are like BITCH! well now you can wait a couple months to release this because we got other artists to promote. it happened before it could happen again.

well, since Lana said NFR was finished but she "has no idea" when the record will be released,

do you all think she has already been thinking/writing the record to follow NFR?

She is surely doodling, maybe even recording new songs. She loves to do that.

But it’s never clear when an era starts in her creative process. The Pitchfork interview following the LFL release said she was already recording new songs... which probably won’t end up on NFR. The only era that she knew what it would be about before starting it seems to be HM.

Well I see it more, this time around, that she wants the era to be about what she likes in the music. A super minimal era following a bigger one with bigger visuals and such. I don’t mind if that era is not as spectacular as the other ones. The next one will probably be bigger. I just wonder if it’s a little too soon when people say « she doesn’t care about visuals anymore »... LFL did serve spectacular visual videos (just not always for the right songs) after all. True, her heart sure ain’t into visuals this time around. But to state that she doesn’t care anymore, we’ll have to see what the next one brings. Now, it’s too soon to judge, i think.

Well we've had 3 songs with shitty, sloppy, embarrassing visuals. Or should I say 4 songs? Since it's the HIAB video she used for MAC & VB :derpna:

I'm not even going to say I hope you're right. It will be great if you're right, but I'm not about to stop lowering my expectations. Hope ain't getting us nowhere in this mess of an era.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

my interpretation of this whole album is that it was set for a march release back in december when she claimed it was done, i think ben disliking the cover really fucked something up and as revenge she released the most non-radio friendly song ever (hope) with a selfie cover lol. blah blah interscope was annoyed made her record some more shit she was annoyed recorded more *fuck you* songs and now they are like BITCH! well now you can wait a couple months to release this because we got other artists to promote. it happened before it could happen again.

My theory is that the album took longer than expected to finish. Hope sounds to me like the « October single » we might have had. And Interscope probably doesn’t like something about the album. I don’t think it’s solely a question of release at the right time (that could be done very quickly), but something is off in their mind.

Well we've had 3 songs with shitty, sloppy, embarrassing visuals. Or should I say 4 songs? Since it's the HIAB video she used for MAC & VB :derpna:

I'm not even going to say I hope you're right. It will be great if you're right, but I'm not about to stop lowering my expectations. Hope ain't getting us nowhere in this mess of an era.

It’s true this era has disappointing videos. Like I said, she probably focused, this time around, on the music and the fun parts of promo (little to no interviews, homemade videos, summer festivals and not a big tour), since she did that with LFL. Her interview for the Gucci campaign that we had in January? February? is pretty much indicating that.

It’s a small era and it is making the wait the more excruciating, because something sure is wrong and we have nothing to feed us in between.

Me listening to VB for the 67th time pretending like it's still fresh but you can feel it getting old but don't want to admit it bc it's all we have until NFR is released in 2026

giphy.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Me listening to VB for the 67th time pretending like it's still fresh but you can feel it getting old but don't want to admit it bc it's all we have until NFR is released in 2026

giphy.gif

67th time? Are we talking about in a day or 

giphy.gif

I hate to say it but even VB is getting stale now  :toofunny:

Do you guys use last.fm or something similar? If yes, how many times have you listened to MAC, VB and Hope? I'm curious to know

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

She managed to completely lose the "Lana Del Rey aura" she established during BtD - HM. The process started during LfL and now that she behaves like a generic  rich16yo white gurl on instagram it's come full circle. Nothing artistic or mysterious left, I actually mostly cringe whenever I see any of her posts. To make it even worse, she proves to be the most laziest person in the world with her visuals lately and is a boring, lazy sh*t when it comes to giving us some pretty basic informations about the album she teased like hell during the last year.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

giphy.gif

What are you talking about? It feels so fresh and cool and fun :thumb3: something something ice cream, dairy queen, lace & leather jeans forever :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif