Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

in that video i swear i see lana mouth "Happiness?" like she almost considered it yet i heard no one screaming for happiness. hopefully im wrong bc imagine if people noticed it and started saying "yes do happiness"... we couldve gotten something at least :defeated:

Yeah girl someone screamed happiness a couple of times and I definitely saw lana mouth happiness back but lol not to b

Honestly I am so relieved she said it's finished bc my main worry about the delay that she was going all LFL on it and ruining it lol

i mean its not like.. she still has plenty of time to call up daddy rick for that

heylizzy.jpg

i76mrxw.png 

I think she pleased her label so much with LFL that they expected her to do it again with this album. She didn't, it's super intimate and it's not a commercial album unlike LFL, so the label is probably pissed off and messes around with the release date.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

How come Adele can release boring ass piano ballads but Lana can't? What kinda logic is that?

call me when lana's abled to write ballads as good as someone like you (or album cuts like can't let go) again 

heylizzy.jpg

i76mrxw.png 

She managed to completely lose the "Lana Del Rey aura" she established during BtD - HM. The process started during LfL and now that she behaves like a generic rich16yo white gurl on instagram it's come full circle. Nothing artistic or mysterious left, I actually mostly cringe whenever I see any of her posts. To make it even worse, she proves to be the most laziest person in the world with her visuals lately and is a boring, lazy sh*t when it comes to giving us some pretty basic informations about the album she teased like hell during the last year.

true. the same can be said for marina (& the diamonds?)

How come Adele can release boring ass piano ballads but Lana can't? What kinda logic is that?

Adele pleases to a much larger crowd (teenagers to adults). She breaks records (partly because most of her fan base still buys physical CDs). Lana is Lana, she curses and has her own vision. And her demographics are smaller (teenagers to young adults).

Because Adele serves talent, emotions, drama.

Lana serves songs like Change and Hope.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-09-at-5.45.19-PM-430

I loved Adele’s first albums. Heartbreak soothes her. But 25?!? Jesus! How can a bitch sound so old at 25?! She complains about the times passing, about missing her friends and all. Call your nanny, bitch, and go get drunk, you’ll feel young again, tell you that! And the last song of the album is shit: another predictable song about how motherhood transformed her. True, her voice is incredible, Hello was superb, but it doesn’t give her the right to be that boring for the rest of it. I prefer Lana X 1000 times.

I think she pleased her label so much with LFL that they expected her to do it again with this album. She didn't, it's super intimate and it's not a commercial album unlike LFL, so the label is probably pissed off and messes around with the release date.

I see her albums being « one success for them, one for me to make how I want it »: UV was number 1, she did HM (which hit number 2); she did LFL, now it’s NFr. Interscope probably still wants the thing to be number 1 with Jack involved. Or what if there is something else on the record that they don’t like and we have not heard yet?

The amount of dragging some of y’all are doing is a bit tew much. Saying she isn’t as talented as a writer as Adele, Nine Inch Nails. The former writes basic adult contemporary songs to appeal to the masses and the latter relies on great production to mask violent, hypermasculine lyrics. I’ve even seen Mitski referenced as some untouchable god here when even she’s admitted Lana was a huge influence on her lyrics.

It’s one thing to be frustrated with this release cycle, but to dismiss her talent on her own forum to look ~*edgy*~ is petulant af.